SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Please feel free to leave a comment, but keep in mind that deliberate misspellings of politicians' names, political parties, or political leanings will result in your post being removed and a possible suspension.   Feel free to site sources for your reasoning.  

For reference purposes, the previous thread was here:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, The Old Bull said:

The problem is if you get rid of Trump you get a religious nutter for president.

Yes, that is a problem but aside from his religious fanaticism, he appears grounded in basic sanity. Better him with the authority to launch nukes than unhinged trump. Also, I can't see Pence being elected in 2020. He has no charisma at all, he wasn't even going to win a new term in Indiana. I don't think people really will want to look at such a stiff straight Anderson Cooper for very long. 

While this thread asks whether you WANT trump to finish his first term or not, for discussion purposes here are ways that any president might not finish a term:

-- Impeachment by congress and then conviction by the senate

-- Resignation due to political pressure/ legal problems / scandal, etc. 

-- Resignation for actual serious health problems (other than an excuse for the real reasons)

-- Natural death in office

-- Assassination

It's important to note that IMPEACHMENT only will not remove him. It might lead to resignation, but to be forced out by impeachment, the senate must convict.

I hear that people do not want Pence to take over if Trump were to leave, but I say let Trump finish.

The reason that I want Trump to finish is that I think he will do so much damage to the Republican party brand that they will not be able to be elected again for a very, very long time. Think of it; now the Republican party is one where 'Pussy-grabbing' is okay, where it is okay to harass and abuse women (17 at last count), it is okay to demonize people based on the colour of their skin, it is okay to discriminate against people based on their religion, it is okay to violate every political norm out there, it is okay to lie several times a day, it is okay to screw over the people who voted for you, Etc. Etc. Etc.

The above is what Trump supporters have allowed.

Let all Republicans everywhere have Trump's name tattooed on their forehead for life! 

Absolutely YES and a second term, if not President Trump then VP Pence for the second term.

The economy is doing well and Supreme Court choices to date are making America great again.

The dems with their rotten to the core candidates don’t have a chance and their PC crap is out of fade.

6 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

As long as he doesn't start more wars/encourage financial practices that 'domino' into other countries etc. - I don't care either way.

If you look at his policies regarding Iran, Pakistan, Israel, Israel, Turkey, and North Korea, any assumption that he won't start more wars is optimistic.

The regulation slashing he boasts about include regulations put in place to prevent another financial meltdown, along with regulations to prevent another oil spill like the Deepwater Horizon, and regulations protecting air and water quality.

9 minutes ago, Luckysilk said:

Absolutely YES and a second term, if not President Trump then VP Pence for the second term.

The economy is doing well and Supreme Court choices to date are making America great again.

The dems with their rotten to the core candidates don’t have a chance and their PC crap is out of fade.

The economy was doing fine before Trump, and his only Supreme Court nomination is appalling.

Rotten to the core doesn't begin to describe Trump.

9 minutes ago, Luckysilk said:

I think you are confusing speculative share trading and the economy.

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

If you look at his policies regarding Iran, Pakistan, Israel, Israel, Turkey, and North Korea, any assumption that he won't start more wars is optimistic.

The regulation slashing he boasts about include regulations put in place to prevent another financial meltdown, along with regulations to prevent another oil spill like the Deepwater Horizon, and regulations protecting air and water quality.

But at this point it's an assumption - whereas we know recent, previous presidents have not only started wars - but that those wars have lead to ever more terrorism....

It's more than possible that trump will continue the 'trend' - but until it happens I'll reserve judgement.

This is just a Thaivisa poll. Not scientific. But good for discussion purposes. Impeachment (and conviction) is only one way for a president to leave office.

But let's see what Americans think from a scientific poll. Pretty stunning.

The percentage of Americans who want President Donald Trump impeached is higher than the number who don't, according to a new survey by Public Policy Polling.

The poll shows 48 percent said they support impeaching Trump compared to 41 percent who don't. Eleven percent said they weren't sure.

Forty-five percent of those polled said they do not think Trump will end up serving his full term as president; 43 percent said he will; 12 percent weren't sure.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/05/48_percent_think_trump_should.html

7 minutes ago, beavercreek said:

Ask the Obama worshipers, under 65, what there main concern is about repatriating.  Health Insurance would certainly be the most common answer.  But, wasn't fixing healthcare Obamas greatest accomplishment?  (Face palm).

Things are looking better for America since more than 10 years ago.  Black, Hispanic, and female unemployment are at 15+ year lows.  The top reason for being bearish is that so many are bullish, but the data supports a strong economy, and the days of 3+% GDP growth are here to stay.  

Other than you statements about improvements in employment, which happened almost entirely under Obama, you post is speculation, and far-fetched speculation at that.

30 minutes ago, i claudius said:

Well at least he doesnt pussyfoot around and says what many are afraid to say out loud

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Or rather many wouldn't say things they know are narrow minded, based in prejudice, bigoted, fueled by hate  and wouldn't think, never mind say.

7 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

But at this point it's an assumption - whereas we know recent, previous presidents have not only started wars - but that those wars have lead to ever more terrorism....

It's more than possible that trump will continue the 'trend' - but until it happens I'll reserve judgement.

"previous presidents have not only started wars - but that those wars have lead to ever more terrorism...."

I assume you are referring to George W. Bush, our last Republican president. 

Trump, through his words and deeds, has shown that he is clueless, reckless, and incompetent.  Why wait for this to lead to a war or financial crisis?

6 minutes ago, CGW said:

Dont forget Obama carried on with every single war that Bush started and initiated more! despite his promises for 'change"

And more?  Obama wound down the wars that Bush started.  Completely abandoning Iraq and Afghanistan would have been irresponsible and morally wrong in too many ways to list. 

Trump, on the other hand, seems to have only too approaches to world affairs; reckless destabilization and total withdrawal.  Both can lead to unnecessary wars.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, that is a problem but aside from his religious fanaticism, he appears grounded in basic sanity. Better him with the authority to launch nukes than unhinged trump. Also, I can't see Pence being elected in 2020. He has no charisma at all, he wasn't even going to win a new term in Indiana. I don't think people really will want to look at such a stiff straight Anderson Cooper for very long. 

Anderson Cooper str8?

Personally, I am worried about Trump declaring war, probably about 4 months before the next presidential election.  Hopefully his advisors will steer him away from a N. Korean nuclear exchange, so "Trump's war" will most likely be the US & KSA against Iran or possibly a 'police action' to 'help' Venezuela.

1 hour ago, Luckysilk said:

There we have that term again, can you please explain what great means in Make America Great Again?

Archived