SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Chippy151 said:

Of corse. American politics has never been so hilarious. I'm still waiting for Trump to say something with details or substance. He makes everything up on the spot. He seems to be ignorant about almost everything concerning the presidency.

It's definitely "hilarious" to America's enemies and adversaries, especially Russia. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

That may all be true, but I have a question.  If the tax plan doesn't take effect until the filing of 2018 taxes, how could that money be depended on now and therefore found to be deficient?  Are they suggesting that the difference of a single month's withholding taxes (between Jan '17 and Jan '18), paid mostly by lower and middle earners has created a shortfall? Most people were in favor of the lower, middle tax breaks. Corporations, and higher earners (non salaried) tend to pay their taxes on a quarterly basis.  That's the end of March. How would they know what those revenues will or will not be?

The tax plan took effect immediately for those who work in jobs where they are taxed at source - normal employment. People were indeed in favour of tax breaks for lower and middle class but the real tax breaks were in fact given to the top earners.

How would they know what those revenues will or will not be?

Maths.

The federal government is on track to borrow nearly $1 trillion this fiscal year - Trump's first full year in charge of the budget. That's almost double what the government borrowed in fiscal year 2017.

Treasury mainly attributed the increase to the "fiscal outlook." The Congressional Budget Office was more blunt. The CBO said tax receipts are going to be lower because of the new tax law.

http://m.sfgate.com/news/article/Government-set-to-borrow-nearly-1-trillion-this-12549659.php

On 1/31/2018 at 4:57 AM, wayned said:

Maybe Mueller needs to issue a subpoena for Nunes to appear before the grand jury and ask him if he conspired with Trump and the White house to draft the memo.  Adam Schiff, the ranking minority leader of the House Intelligence Committee, reported that he specifically asked Nunes that question and he declined to answer.  Wouldn't that be a case of obstruction of justice if Trump and the white house instructed him to write the memo and decline to or delay the release of the oppositions response?  Nunes admits that he didn't even read the supporting documents that form the basis for the memo so how in the world could he sign it?

Nunes was part of 45s transition team. I bet Mueller has a lot of info on his previous antics. And I also  would bet he will not be avoiding the consequences of said behavior... that is if our democracy/republic holds. 

Isn't it just remarkable that there is a lot of concern a/b our institutions/democracy since this guy got elected? Oh and then having our CIA meet w/ top Russian spies is just a/b the "topper." 

Actually Mueller might already have sealed indictments against Trump and some of his supporters including members of his immediate family.  The indictments are usually remained sealed until the indicted person is arrested and appears before a judge where the indictment is unsealed and the judges makes the determination on it's validity and charges are filed.  There are many unsealed indictments in the DC court system between the time that Papadopolus was indicted and the Manafort and Gates indictments, specifically five sealed indictments just before the Manafort indictment. There could be indictments against Trump and his family and he has not unsealed them knowing that Trump would immediately use his pardon powers, and they might have nothing to do with Trump, but who knows, and with Trump's current attack plan Mueller might just push the issue on testing whether a sitting President can be indicted.
Your knowledge of sealed envelopes, and more particularly, the contents, is truly amazing!

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 2/1/2018 at 8:42 AM, pegman said:

Don't forget the "Biggest Inauguration Crowd" in history BS line he tried to sell. 

Wasn't it tabulated that the liar in chief told a/b ???? 2000+ lies in a/b a year? Sorry can't remember the number of length of time. Oh wait....

http://time.com/5084420/donald-trump-lies-claims-fact-checks/

1 hour ago, Thakkar said:

The federal government is on track to borrow nearly $1 trillion this fiscal year - Trump's first full year in charge of the budget. That's almost double what the government borrowed in fiscal year 2017.

Treasury mainly attributed the increase to the "fiscal outlook." The Congressional Budget Office was more blunt. The CBO said tax receipts are going to be lower because of the new tax law.

http://m.sfgate.com/news/article/Government-set-to-borrow-nearly-1-trillion-this-12549659.php

Paul Ryan is eager to blame the ballooning deficit on entitlement programs, not tax cuts, and cut Social Security and Medicare.  However I suspect the Republicans will ignore the deficit until after the midterm elections.  After that they may attempt to cut politically popular entitlement programs (Social Security and Medicare benefit the old, and old people vote) or just do their usual trick of pretending the deficit isn't there until a Democrat is in the White House.

41 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Your knowledge of sealed envelopes, and more particularly, the contents, is truly amazing!

If you re-read my post you will see that the operative word is "might".  The indictment numbers and the status are on public record and most of what I said is from a Washington Examiner article http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/court-docket-mystery-are-other-mueller-indictments-hiding-in-plain-sight/article/2639179.

In reality Mueller can't indict Trump or anybody, Rosenstein has to approve Mueller's recommendation and ask for the indictment.  He could have already asked for some indictments that remain sealed.  As far as Trump is concerned I doubt that he would try to indict him.  Impeachment is really the onl;y option and unless he really goes off the deep end that will never happen with the GOP in control of Congress.  I think that this charade will continue through the 2018 elections to see if the Dems regain control of both the house and Senate.  I really doubt that either of them will last that long.

Although it is "off topic" it's amazing that after the SOTU address the GOP went on a holiday to a West Virginia Resort while the next government shutdown will happen in 4 days and no decisions on any of the pending legislation have been made, DACA, WALL, CHAIN MIGRATION, and LOTTERY! In addition , Trump woke up this morning in a parallel universe, TRUMP WORLD, and tweeted that the Nunes Memo totally vindicated hi!n!

1 hour ago, selftaopath said:

2016 take over.jpg

That poster, above, made me chuckle. Thanks. 

I've been meaning to check out recent political cartoons.  I do that every few months.  It's always fun and interesting.  The cartoonists are insightful and their drawings are often great.  The ratio of liberal cartoonists to right-wingers is about 25 to 1.   Trump would say that proves they're conspiring with Hillary/Obama against him and/or that they're fake.  Ha ha ha. 

Message to Trump:  Us reasonable people are going to have the last laugh, and it will be hardy - .....that's after we've cried a bit over the multiple messes you've made during the short time you were in office - though it feels like eternity.   

Gutting national parks is as bad as all the other damage Trump is doing to the US.  It's the opposite of Teddy Roosevelt, who was a champion (along with John Muir) of declaring, maintaining, and cherishing America's natural beauty.

John Muir is my hero, and not only because we share the same birthday.  Look him up.

5 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

That poster, above, made me chuckle. Thanks. 

I've been meaning to check out recent political cartoons.  I do that every few months.  It's always fun and interesting.  The cartoonists are insightful and their drawings are often great.  The ratio of liberal cartoonists to right-wingers is about 25 to 1.   Trump would say that proves they're conspiring with Hillary/Obama against him and/or that they're fake.  Ha ha ha. 

Message to Trump:  Us reasonable people are going to have the last laugh, and it will be hardy - .....that's after we've cried a bit over the multiple messes you've made during the short time you were in office - though it feels like eternity.   

Gutting national parks is as bad as all the other damage Trump is doing to the US.  It's the opposite of Teddy Roosevelt, who was a champion (along with John Muir) of declaring, maintaining, and cherishing America's natural beauty.

John Muir is my hero, and not only because we share the same birthday.  Look him up.

"The ratio of liberal cartoonists to right-wingers is about 25 to 1."

I think that is true for political humorists in general.  Right-wingers aren't known for their sense of humor; generally they are only funny when trying to be serious.

On 1/28/2018 at 9:12 PM, TunnelRat69 said:

I would like to agree with this, but there comes a time when things have to change, we are the worlds largest economy (according to some) how that is, I haven't a clue, because China and India are bigger than the US, so why aren't they the worlds biggest economy's??  We have been taken advantage of for an awful long time, its time we took the high road and see who follows.

Uh... maybe you missed something called "history". The industrial revolution began in the 1800s for western nations. India and China started 50-ish years ago. That 100-150 year head-start without regulation (environmental or child labour or anything else) might give you a hint as to why China and/or India are not a larger economy at the moment. Don't blink though, that will be changing soon.

55 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Paul Ryan is eager to blame the ballooning deficit on entitlement programs, not tax cuts, and cut Social Security and Medicare.  However I suspect the Republicans will ignore the deficit until after the midterm elections.  After that they may attempt to cut politically popular entitlement programs (Social Security and Medicare benefit the old, and old people vote) or just do their usual trick of pretending the deficit isn't there until a Democrat is in the White House.

IMO calling SS an entitlement is not correct. How can something each of us/U.S. working citizens paid into be an entitlement? But yes Republican Ryan and others want to somehow take that money and give it to their bribers aka benefactors.

https://publiceditor.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/12/13/is-entitlements-the-best-word-for-social-security-and-medicare/

13 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

That may all be true, but I have a question.  If the tax plan doesn't take effect until the filing of 2018 taxes, how could that money be depended on now and therefore found to be deficient?  Are they suggesting that the difference of a single month's withholding taxes (between Jan '17 and Jan '18), paid mostly by lower and middle earners has created a shortfall? Most people were in favor of the lower, middle tax breaks. Corporations, and higher earners (non salaried) tend to pay their taxes on a quarterly basis.  That's the end of March. How would they know what those revenues will or will not be?

Here is one of the success stories that Ryan tweeted.

Paul Ryan deletes 'embarrassing' $1.50 pay rise tweet after ridicule

US politician Paul Ryan has been mocked after tweeting about how a tax overhaul had boosted a secretary's weekly pay – by $1.50 (£1.06p) a week.

Mr Ryan – Speaker of the House of Representatives – posted: "A secretary at a public high school in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, said she was pleasantly surprised her pay went up $1.50 a week ... she said [that] will more than cover her Costco membership for the year."

I would put a string of rolling on the floor laughing smilies if this was not so frakking tragic for the working and middle class in the USA. Duped is a gross understatement. The biggest tax cut in American history  yeah whatever!

Speechwriter for former president Barack Obama tweeted: "As a thank you for passing a $1 trillion corporate tax cut, Paul Ryan received $500,000 in campaign contributions from the Koch brothers, which would probably cover the cost of buying a Costco."

Twitter user Eileen Cody posted: "Excited to learn that #WithABuckFiftyAWeek I can pay off my student loan balance in 339 years. thanks @SpeakerRyan for the assist."

12 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

The tax plan took effect immediately for those who work in jobs where they are taxed at source - normal employment. People were indeed in favour of tax breaks for lower and middle class but the real tax breaks were in fact given to the top earners.

Maths.

Ok, it was signed December ,22nd.  So you're saying that the difference in the withholding tax for low and middle earners between December 22, 2016 and Feb 1, 2017 vs what was held in the same period this year has already added significantly to the budget deficit?  Even though there are more employed in those tax brackets than last year? I fully expect this tax plan will add to deficits and national debt but what was portrayed in that article doesn't make any sense. The same could be said for many of the artocles here

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/12/21/us/politics/will-tax-plan-affect-my-2017-taxes.html

8 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

Here is one of the success stories that Ryan tweeted.

I would put a string of rolling on the floor laughing smilies if this was not so frakking tragic for the working and middle class in the USA. Duped is a gross understatement. The biggest tax cut in American history  yeah whatever!

So, you're sort of making my point.  Pretty weak tax savings per your example. So why the sudden shortfall after one month of enaction? Corps and high earners haven't even filed taxes yet.

34 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

So, you're sort of making my point.  Pretty weak tax savings per your example. So why the sudden shortfall after one month of enaction? Corps and high earners haven't even filed taxes yet.

So it seems it is a combination of projected tax receipt shortfalls combined with some legacy largesse:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-spending-debt-analysis-20180203-story.html

Winning!

After tax cuts, U.S. borrowing to spike 84% this year to nearly $1 trillion

https://www.axios.com/us-government-to-borrow-nearly-1-trillion-this-fiscal-year-1517764483-f64f6ff6-32cf-4583-a82a-921407b86b59.html

It's an 84% jump from the last fiscal year, and the highest level of borrowing in six years

3 minutes ago, Auriane said:

If Trump continues to lead the United States like that, I did not know that he will finish his term otherwise he will do too much damage.

It's very, very difficult to remove any sitting (and golfing) president even one as atrociously unfit for the office as 'trump'. So sadly the odds of him finishing his first term are quite high, and yes, the longer he stays, the more damage he does. America's enemies are rejoicing! 

A good example of very obnoxious and very ignorant trump supporter GLOATING. Yeah, he won with way fewer votes than his opponent, and his support base has shrunk significantly from then as well. Yeah, shouldn't have ever happened. Yeah, the democrats ran a flawed candidate even accounting for the confirmed Russian influence towards trump but there was no comparison to how incredibly unsuited trump was to be president. Yeah, the country and world would be better off if he can be removed. Nothing deranged about that at all. 

So we're regressing to the 'popular vote' issue......again? He won under the system in place. Don't like it? Change the system instead of bleating endlessly about how the dems were robbed, so tedious.

The 'country and world would be better off', etc., IN YOUR OPINION!

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I was reading a recent article about Trump in Yahoo News and saw this "reaction" from a reader.  Makes me proud to be an American!

[LuckFavors

I am a Lifetime Republican.
* Donald Trump has proven to be a habitual Liar.
* Donald Trump has proven to be a Racist.
* Donald Trump has proven that he cannot be trusted. * I believe Donald Trump is a Traitor.
* I believe Donald Trump is guilty of Treason and Collusion. * I believe the women who state that Donald Trump has sexually harassed them. * I believe Donald Trump only ran for office for his own financial gain no one else's. * I believe there are other politicians that need to be investigated like Paul Ryan - Nunez - Pence - and others including the entire Trump family and Sarah Huckabee Sanders. I am a lifetime Republican but my country comes first and foremost. God Bless America and to hell with Trump !!!!]

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-tweets-nunes-memo-apos-121521563.html

Yep. Many of the most passionate anti-"trump" people are conservatives and republicans. To assert it is only liberals and leftists opposing him is totally false. But sadly most of the republican party elected representatives have now been been owned by 45. Sometimes to the point of absurdity such as what's happening now in Arizona.

In an Arizona primary, Republicans debate who is more loyal to one man: Trump

http://www.standard.net/National/2018/02/04/In-an-Arizona-primary-Republicans-debate-who-is-more-loyal-to-one-man-Trump

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yep. Many of the most passionate anti-"trump" people are conservatives and republicans. To assert it is only liberals and leftists opposing him is totally false. But sadly most of the republican party elected representatives have now been been owned by 45. Sometimes to the point of absurdity such as what's happening now in Arizona.

In an Arizona primary, Republicans debate who is more loyal to one man: Trump

http://www.standard.net/National/2018/02/04/In-an-Arizona-primary-Republicans-debate-who-is-more-loyal-to-one-man-Trump

Intelligent conservatives and Republicans who aren't running for office are embarrassed by Trump and would love to see him out of office.  Republicans in Congress, who have to go through Primary elections where the die-hard, pro-Trump base will determine who goes to the general election, have to pretend to support him.

16 hours ago, Berkshire said:

I was reading a recent article about Trump in Yahoo News and saw this "reaction" from a reader.  Makes me proud to be an American!

[LuckFavors

I am a Lifetime Republican.
* Donald Trump has proven to be a habitual Liar.
* Donald Trump has proven to be a Racist.
* Donald Trump has proven that he cannot be trusted. * I believe Donald Trump is a Traitor.
* I believe Donald Trump is guilty of Treason and Collusion. * I believe the women who state that Donald Trump has sexually harassed them. * I believe Donald Trump only ran for office for his own financial gain no one else's. * I believe there are other politicians that need to be investigated like Paul Ryan - Nunez - Pence - and others including the entire Trump family and Sarah Huckabee Sanders. I am a lifetime Republican but my country comes first and foremost. God Bless America and to hell with Trump !!!!]

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-tweets-nunes-memo-apos-121521563.html

The press, particularly the left press, will love you Berkshire, because you believe any trash they print/publish.

There are so many wild assumptions in there, masquerading as facts because "I believe.....etc".  Because you believe something, doesn't make it proved, or fact.

2 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

The press, particularly the left press, will love you Berkshire, because you believe any trash they print/publish.

There are so many wild assumptions in there, masquerading as facts because "I believe.....etc".  Because you believe something, doesn't make it proved, or fact.

What are you on about?  The comments I quoted wasn't from the press, but from a fellow American....a Republican no less.  The press, meanwhile, is still doing their job of providing us news.  The Trump side is still conjuring up conspiracy theories.  Believe what you will, I'm just waiting for Mueller to finish his investigation of the Trump Criminal Enterprise. 

Just now, Berkshire said:

What are you on about?  The comments I quoted wasn't from the press, but from a fellow American....a Republican no less.  The press, meanwhile, is still doing their job of providing us news.  The Trump side is still conjuring up conspiracy theories.  Believe what you will, I'm just waiting for Mueller to finish his investigation of the Trump Criminal Enterprise. 

I didn't say that the quotes were by the press, but they do run along similar lines, unsubstantiated allegations.

Good luck with the outcome of the Mueller thing.  Even those on TV saying he would be impeached/charged within days a year ago are now saying it's unlikely.  Suggesting impeachment or criminal charges is no more than wishful thinking.

Archived