SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

I didn't say that the quotes were by the press, but they do run along similar lines, unsubstantiated allegations.

Good luck with the outcome of the Mueller thing.  Even those on TV saying he would be impeached/charged within days a year ago are now saying it's unlikely.  Suggesting impeachment or criminal charges is no more than wishful thinking.

Again, believe what you will.  But the "Mueller thing" is much bigger than we know.....

https://www.wired.com/story/bob-muellers-investigation-is-largerand-further-alongthan-you-think/

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

Again, believe what you will.  But the "Mueller thing" is much bigger than we know.....

https://www.wired.com/story/bob-muellers-investigation-is-largerand-further-alongthan-you-think/

That is a good article. Well written and well sourced.

We also know there’s significant relevant evidence that’s not yet public: Both Flynn and Papadopoulos traded cooperation and information as part of their respective plea deals, and none of the information that they provided has become public yet.

For me, this is the real juicy part. What information did Flynn and Papadopoulos give up? I look forward to seeing if Manafort turns as well. I truly hope so.

Winning!

If Donald can take credit for the stock market rise, he can take blame for the drop as well. But I am sure he will blame someone else as typical for him.

‘The president clearly set himself up’: Trump’s stock market miscalculation

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/05/trump-stock-market-down-324880

After a volatile session, the Dow ended down 1,175 points, or 4.6%, at 24,346.

It was the largest ever single-day point drop for the Dow...

1 hour ago, Silurian said:

Winning!

If Donald can take credit for the stock market rise, he can take blame for the drop as well. But I am sure he will blame someone else as typical for him.

‘The president clearly set himself up’: Trump’s stock market miscalculation

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/05/trump-stock-market-down-324880

Ahhhh!!!    Now the left want to blame him for the drop, but were bleating here recently about him having nothing to do with the rise.   How funny.

After a volatile session, the Dow ended down 1,175 points, or 4.6%, at 24,346.

It was the largest ever single-day point drop for the Dow...

But only by a whisker.  After the Lehmann $hit hit the fan, the Dow came off over 500 points, almost 5.5% I recall.  Of course that was when the Dow was nowhere near 26,000!!

On 1/30/2018 at 2:32 PM, Silurian said:

It looks like the WH is a full on autocracy now. The administration is ignoring Congress and just implementing its own policy. Yet another example of America first (right after Russia).

Trump Administration Baffles and Enrages Lawmakers With Latest Punt on Russia Sanctions

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-administration-baffles-and-enrages-lawmakers-with-latest-punt-on-russia-sanctions

Wow!!!   So there was Russian collusion after all......

http://pickeringpost.com/story/-wow-so-there-was-russian-collusion-after-all-/7964

The 'stick insect' for those who don't know, is the Australian Foreign Minister, Julie Bishop.

6 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Ahhhh!!!    Now the left want to blame him for the drop, but were bleating here recently about him having nothing to do with the rise.   How funny.

Whether or not he was responsible for the rise in the market, he clearly took credit for it. So now that there is a drop, whether or not he was responsible for it, since he took credit for the rise, why shouldn't he take credit for the drop. 

Anybody that uses the stock market as an indicator of how well the economy is doing is a fool!  He is supposedly a high graduate from the Wharton school of business. Tomorrow the market might go up 1000 points or it might go down 1000 points, but it is not an indicator of the state of the economy.  He politicized the past rise for his benefit so now, IMHO, he has to take the heat for the drop.

After seeing your Avatar I thought about changing my Avatar to USMCA6AIntruder but decided that I loved my Golden Retriever more!

Absolutely YES and a second term, if not President Trump then VP Pence for the second term.

The economy is doing well and Supreme Court choices to date are making America great again.

The dems with their rotten to the core candidates don’t have a chance and their PC crap is out of fade.
"The economy is doing well and Supreme Court choices to date are making America great again"

So have you changed your mind after todays News?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

I agree it is very funny that thing called time. Hard to understand. I'll try to help you.

Govt. policy is like a ship in a storm - make a correction...wait to see how effective your adjustments are. The last administration's adjustments were quite effective and pulled the country out of a financial crisis cause by the administration previous to theirs. These adjustments continued working until the current administration's policy adjustments come on-line... NOW we are seeing the effects of this admin's adjustments and the markets are becoming volatile.

Does that help?

18 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Did you bother to read the post you replied to?  This sentence in particular:   " If Donald can take credit for the stock market rise, he can take blame for the drop as well. "

Trump didn't cause the rise or the recent fall.  However he took credit for the rise, now it will be interesting to see how he reacts to the fall.  No doubt he will take his cue from Sean Hannity and blame Obama.   http://www.newshounds.us/sean_hannity_blamed_obama_for_market_crash_today_020518

1 minute ago, mikebike said:

I agree it is very funny that thing called time. Hard to understand. I'll try to help you.

Govt. policy is like a ship in a storm - make a correction...wait to see how effective your adjustments are. The last administration's adjustments were quite effective and pulled the country out of a financial crisis cause by the administration previous to theirs. These adjustments continued working until the current administration's policy adjustments come on-line... NOW we are seeing the effects of this admin's adjustments and the markets are becoming volatile.

Does that help?

No!  Fantasy post.

10 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

You don't understand how the US president is elected?

There are always two elections; the popular vote and the electoral college vote. Trump lost the first and won the second.  Bluntly stating "Trump won the election" is misleading and warrants clarification.

On 1/28/2018 at 5:52 PM, Jingthing said:

A good example of very obnoxious and very ignorant trump supporter GLOATING. Yeah, he won with way fewer votes than his opponent, and his support base has shrunk significantly from then as well. Yeah, shouldn't have ever happened. Yeah, the democrats ran a flawed candidate even accounting for the confirmed Russian influence towards trump but there was no comparison to how incredibly unsuited trump was to be president. Yeah, the country and world would be better off if he can be removed. Nothing deranged about that at all. 

'Flawed candidate??' Wow!!!.

If I recall correctly she was the virtual reincarnation of JC as far as your adulation of her in your posts prior to the election were concerned. Why the change of heart?

7 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

You don't understand how the US president is elected?

Mate, I had a couple of days' vacation because I raised the 'popular vote' and some lefty dropped me in.   That issue is long gone.   The popular vote doesn't determine who is President.  It's as irrelevant as it was at election time.  Get over it.

3 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

'Flawed candidate??' Wow!!!.

If I recall correctly she was the virtual reincarnation of JC as far as your adulation of her in your posts prior to the election were concerned. Why the change of heart?

Don't bother baiting me. Nothing to see here. 

Just now, heybruce said:

There are always two elections; the popular vote and the electoral college vote. Trump lost the first and won the second.  Bluntly stating "Trump won the election" is misleading and warrants clarification.

Ok I'll clarify. Trump won the only vote required to become President of the USA - the electoral college vote. The popular vote myth is misleading and tends to signify that somehow the presidency was 'stolen' by Trump. Utter nonsense.

It is no different to the way people in Australia think they are voting for the Prime Minister. They do not. The vote for a candidate and if that candidates party gets enough seats in Parliament they can form government. The elected representatives then vote for the PM. The popular vote does not.

Back on topic I think that, barring any legal issues, he should be allowed to see out his full term. The USA population will quite rightly sit in judgment if he decides to contest again.

What annoys me about a lot of western governments is that they spend so much time politicking at taxpayers expense and very little time doing what they are actually employed to do.

37 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Did you bother to read the post you replied to?  This sentence in particular:   " If Donald can take credit for the stock market rise, he can take blame for the drop as well. "

Trump didn't cause the rise or the recent fall.  However he took credit for the rise, now it will be interesting to see how he reacts to the fall.  No doubt he will take his cue from Sean Hannity and blame Obama.   http://www.newshounds.us/sean_hannity_blamed_obama_for_market_crash_today_020518

Different factors at play in this case.   A large part of the rise was attributed to the confidence business had in the new President.

The fall has been solely due to the threat of rising interest rates.

Simple!  You really must look past the hatred and look at facts.

7 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Mate, I had a couple of days' vacation because I raised the 'popular vote' and some lefty dropped me in.   That issue is long gone.   The popular vote doesn't determine who is President.  It's as irrelevant as it was at election time.  Get over it.

You're not on your lonesome there mate. I've had a similar experience on more than one occasion.

BTW I didn't raise the popular vote subject - I was replying to someone who did.

On 1/28/2018 at 2:52 PM, stevenl said:

There we have that term again, can you please explain what great means in Make America Great Again?

Exactly what Trump said in the campaign - Americans getting Well Paid for working the careers that were handed to foreigners working for low-wages - both at home and abroad.  In other words, restoring the American Dream, which millions lost, and many were just starting to benefit from (namely, African-Americans after the Civil Rights act) until anti-American trade and immigration policies destroyed it for almost everyone.

Lower so-called "unemployment" numbers are determined by those "applicable for unemployment benefits," which Trump correctly called out as bogus during the campaign.  I am sad to see he repeats them now - as they primarily represent those who have fallen into hopeless-poverty, where they are not counted.

It didn't have to be this way - Trump could have kept his promises:

• Obama's executive (sh)amnesty (DACA) could have been reversed "on day one," as promised - opening nearly a million careers and university-slots for American citizens.  These people received free school, healthcare, etc from the American Taxpayer, but in the spirit of generosity and putting the past behind us, we could allow them to return without having to repay this huge debt.
  • All business hiring Illegal-Aliens, and landlords renting to them, could have been warned - and continuing offenders faced raids, followed by the persons responsible facing prosecutions for 5 to 10 years (per laws on the books, now) for aiding and abetting illegal-aliens. 
  • Free return bus/air fare could have been provided to all illegal aliens who turned themselves in for re-patriation, along with a promise of non-prosecution for the numerous felonies they committed in the country to steal American's jobs (falsification of federal documents and identity-theft, at the top of the list).
  • The National Guard could have been put on the border, to ensure 99% drop in illegal drugs and persons, unless/until Congress funds the wall and other security and deterrence-measures (eVerify at the top of that list).
  • Emergency prison-housing created to hold any/all Illegals caught in the USA, to end the "catch and release" policies which encourage illegal-aliens to enter illegally.  Immediate release to their nation of origin should remain on the table, provided their entry was a first-offense, so any prolonged detention in such facilities would be at the illegal-alien's insistence.
  • Every legal executive action possible to begin applying fees/tariffs on all incoming goods from slave-wage nations, so that it is no longer profitable to outsource jobs.  In addition, using the presidential bully-pulpit to continually remind Americans that "buying foreign" hurts America and their fellow citizens.

Simply keeping his promises to the American people could have led to a massive landslide of Pro-American Republicans (to be differentiated from the Ryan/McCain globalists) in the 2018 mid-terms.  That new Congress could have repealed the anti-American trade and immigration policies which are killing the futures of the children of citizens - aka "Our Progeny" - as defined in the Constitution.  The USA was created by our ancestors, for out benefit, along with a govt to serve our interests, exclusively. 

9 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Different factors at play in this case.   A large part of the rise was attributed to the confidence business had in the new President.

The huge tumble yesterday was on the very first day of Trump's appointee as Fed Chair. If he had left in Obama appointee Yellan this does not happen. So it is on Trump.

13 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

The stock market moves in many mysterious ways. In this age of computerized high-frequency trading, the average trader has no hope of really predicting the market. So many forces play on stock prices it becomes more of a gamble for those playing individual stocks.

I was just stating that Donald enjoyed the rise of the Dow and took every opportunity to proclaim how well his policies are doing. Even during this last major downturn on Monday he was giving a speech on how well the market was doing. Will he give a speech now stating his policies have no effect on why the market took a digger? So which is it? Do his policies only have an positive affect so that any negative affect is due to other means? From your answer you gave, I guess so. 

31 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

Ok I'll clarify. Trump won the only vote required to become President of the USA - the electoral college vote. The popular vote myth is misleading and tends to signify that somehow the presidency was 'stolen' by Trump. Utter nonsense.

It is no different to the way people in Australia think they are voting for the Prime Minister. They do not. The vote for a candidate and if that candidates party gets enough seats in Parliament they can form government. The elected representatives then vote for the PM. The popular vote does not.

Back on topic I think that, barring any legal issues, he should be allowed to see out his full term. The USA population will quite rightly sit in judgment if he decides to contest again.

What annoys me about a lot of western governments is that they spend so much time politicking at taxpayers expense and very little time doing what they are actually employed to do.

Ok, I'll clarify again. 

Stating Trump won the election without noting that he lost the popular vote is misleading, especially in a survey about whether Trump should be allowed to finish his first term.  He clearly never had the support of the majority (the popular vote thing), he clearly is incompetent, and there are many legitimate questions about the circumstances of his election, along with his business dealings, financial issues, shady friends, etc.  All these are pertinent to the topic.

34 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

I see.  As soon as Trump became president (or was it as soon as he was elected?) the upward trend of the DJIA that had been in place for years was an upward trend because of the President, but under Obama the upward trend was in spite of the President.  Even though the trend looked very much the same.      https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/index/djia/charts

However the fall is due to the threat of rising interest rates, but I assume you don't think that has anything to do with the Fed Chairman Trump appointed.

As I explained in the post you replied to, Trump didn't cause the rise or the fall.  However he took credit for the rise, and will undoubtedly dodge credit for the fall.

38 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Exactly what Trump said in the campaign - Americans getting Well Paid for working the careers that were handed to foreigners working for low-wages - both at home and abroad.  In other words, restoring the American Dream, which millions lost, and many were just starting to benefit from (namely, African-Americans after the Civil Rights act) until anti-American trade and immigration policies destroyed it for almost everyone.

Lower so-called "unemployment" numbers are determined by those "applicable for unemployment benefits," which Trump correctly called out as bogus during the campaign.  I am sad to see he repeats them now - as they primarily represent those who have fallen into hopeless-poverty, where they are not counted.

It didn't have to be this way - Trump could have kept his promises:

• Obama's executive (sh)amnesty (DACA) could have been reversed "on day one," as promised - opening nearly a million careers and university-slots for American citizens.  These people received free school, healthcare, etc from the American Taxpayer, but in the spirit of generosity and putting the past behind us, we could allow them to return without having to repay this huge debt.
  • All business hiring Illegal-Aliens, and landlords renting to them, could have been warned - and continuing offenders faced raids, followed by the persons responsible facing prosecutions for 5 to 10 years (per laws on the books, now) for aiding and abetting illegal-aliens. 
  • Free return bus/air fare could have been provided to all illegal aliens who turned themselves in for re-patriation, along with a promise of non-prosecution for the numerous felonies they committed in the country to steal American's jobs (falsification of federal documents and identity-theft, at the top of the list).
  • The National Guard could have been put on the border, to ensure 99% drop in illegal drugs and persons, unless/until Congress funds the wall and other security and deterrence-measures (eVerify at the top of that list).
  • Emergency prison-housing created to hold any/all Illegals caught in the USA, to end the "catch and release" policies which encourage illegal-aliens to enter illegally.  Immediate release to their nation of origin should remain on the table, provided their entry was a first-offense, so any prolonged detention in such facilities would be at the illegal-alien's insistence.
  • Every legal executive action possible to begin applying fees/tariffs on all incoming goods from slave-wage nations, so that it is no longer profitable to outsource jobs.  In addition, using the presidential bully-pulpit to continually remind Americans that "buying foreign" hurts America and their fellow citizens.

Simply keeping his promises to the American people could have led to a massive landslide of Pro-American Republicans (to be differentiated from the Ryan/McCain globalists) in the 2018 mid-terms.  That new Congress could have repealed the anti-American trade and immigration policies which are killing the futures of the children of citizens - aka "Our Progeny" - as defined in the Constitution.  The USA was created by our ancestors, for out benefit, along with a govt to serve our interests, exclusively. 

I'll just point out a couple of the obvious flaws. 

The average age of the DACA recipients when they were brought to the US was six, which means they were in no way responsible for any illegal acts of their parents.  With few exceptions their parents worked and paid taxes, so the children's education was no more "free" than that of any other child in the US.

Illegal immigrants take low paid jobs that US citizens don't want.  Raising the pay of these low paid jobs to a level that would appeal to US citizens would put farmers, builders, and service industries out of business.  Illegal immigration has a net positive affect on the US economy.     http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/17/magazine/do-illegal-immigrants-actually-hurt-the-us-economy.html

Illegal immigrants pay more in taxes than they receive in benefits--they pay taxes but are unlikely to apply for benefits--and are less likely to commit crimes.    https://www.cato.org/blog/immigration-crime-what-research-says

However illegal immigrants (the ones with brown skin, not the naked models from eastern Europe) make convenient scapegoats for politicians eager to mislead voters.  Unfortunately there are many voters eager to be mislead, it's much easier to blame a scapegoat than assume responsibility for one's problems.

Archived