SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Speaking of unreliable sources, here is proof of what we already know about Trump supporters and how they get their news....

[They discovered that Trump supporters on Twitter shared more unreliable news than all other groups combined. On Facebook, extreme conservatives share more junk news than all other audiences put together.]

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-supporters-share-more-fake-141800647.html

From the article:

[These findings suggest that "a small chunk of the population isn’t able to talk politics or share ideas in a sensible way with the rest of the population,” lead researcher Philip Howard told McClatchy DC.]

This is why it's so painfully frustrating to discuss anything Trump with a Trump supporter.  I see it on TV and I see it when I talk to friends who are Trump supporters.  They tend to live in an alternate universe.   

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Berkshire said:

From the article:

[These findings suggest that "a small chunk of the population isn’t able to talk politics or share ideas in a sensible way with the rest of the population,” lead researcher Philip Howard told McClatchy DC.]

This is why it's so painfully frustrating to discuss anything Trump with a Trump supporter.  I see it on TV and I see it when I talk to friends who are Trump supporters.  They tend to live in an alternate universe.   

As do Liberals and the Dems,they live in some alternate PC universe far...far away... and when they wake up and put up an intelligent, decent candidate who lives in the 'real' world then they will beat Trump easily.

1 minute ago, PattayaAngel said:

As do Liberals and the Dems,they live in some alternate PC universe far...far away... and when they wake up and put up an intelligent, decent candidate who lives in the 'real' world then they will beat Trump easily.

You're deflecting.  Did you read the article?  You're consuming mostly fake news, as with most other Trump supporters.  That's the point.

40 minutes ago, PattayaAngel said:

I wonder what universe (Dems. and Reps.) of this horrible new budget pact live in? Used to be that politicians of goodwill (more or less) of differing parties could hammer out a budget where each gave up something and nobody was completely happy. Those are the best deals  Ever since Reagan a succession of governments have movedto the "I'll give you what you want, if you give me what I want" style of negotiations and consequently both deficits and the national debt have spiraled up.

12 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I wonder what universe (Dems. and Reps.) of this horrible new budget pact live in? Used to be that politicians of goodwill (more or less) of differing parties could hammer out a budget where each gave up something and nobody was completely happy. Those are the best deals  Ever since Reagan a succession of governments have movedto the "I'll give you what you want, if you give me what I want" style of negotiations and consequently both deficits and the national debt have spiraled up.

Yup, Reagan was the worst. But then according to his own son he had Alzheimer's from sometime his first term. Does Trump have the same excuse going along with this budget?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11506047/Ronald-Reagans-speeches-showed-the-beginnings-of-Alzheimers-before-diagnosis.html

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

You're deflecting.  Did you read the article?  You're consuming mostly fake news, as with most other Trump supporters.  That's the point.

Not at all you are deflecting from the OP poll that indicates something you don't like. I'm sure that has come as a complete shock to many. My point is only that people will vote Trump (or Pence) out when they have a decent candidate who has not got their head stuck up the minority PC Libbers 'place where the sun don't shine'. I think most folk would not chose Trump but most folk would loathe to live in a PC world where 'mankind' becomes 'peoplekind' and more of that nonsense.

35 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Reagan and Clinton both got enough growth in their second terms to compensate for some of the excessive spending. None of the other presidents since Reagan's first term did.

Actually bill clinton got a big tax hike during his first 2 years in office. A hike that the right wing universally predicted would lead to financial disaster.  How did that work out?  The budget in his last few years in office was roughly balanced. Remember it was the George Bush who plunged the budget back into the red with his tax cuts that did nothing much for the economy except lead to a housing bubble and subsequent massive financial crash.

1 minute ago, ilostmypassword said:

Actually bill clinton got a big tax hike during his first 2 years in office. A hike that the right wing universally predicted would lead to financial disaster.  How did that work out?  The budget in his last few years in office was roughly balanced. Remember it was the George Bush who plunged the budget back into the red with his tax cuts that did nothing much for the economy except lead to a housing bubble and subsequent massive financial crash.

Yes, also Bush Jr. didnt have all those capital gains taxes rolling in from the internet bubble.

21 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Speaking of weird, our aspiring dictator wants a grand military parade.  Idi Amin would be proud....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump’s-‘marching-orders’-to-the-pentagon-plan-a-grand-military-parade/ar-BBIN1Kq?ocid=wispr

The residents of DC should say, “tanks, but no tanks.”

1 hour ago, lannarebirth said:

Reagan and Clinton both got enough growth in their second terms to compensate for some of the excessive spending. None of the other presidents since Reagan's first term did.

Wrong. The Debt to GDP under Reagan went from 31%-50% and nearly tripled dollar wise. The ratio dropped from the beginning of Clinton's first term till he left office. 

https://www.thebalance.com/national-debt-by-year-compared-to-gdp-and-major-events-3306287

17 minutes ago, pegman said:

Wrong. The Debt to GDP under Reagan went from 31%-50% and nearly tripled dollar wise. The ratio dropped from the beginning of Clinton's first term till he left office. 

https://www.thebalance.com/national-debt-by-year-compared-to-gdp-and-major-events-3306287

You're not using the "Obama Recovery" logic on this one, huh?

9 hours ago, wayned said:

Trump is now saying that he wants to be interviewed by Mueller even though his lawyers are saying he shouldn't.  I'm fairly sure that his lawyers are urging him to say that hoping that Mueller will agree to some ridiculous terms for the interview, which he won't.  If the interview doesn't happen because Trump won't agree to it it would make him look bad, but if he continues to say he wants it he can blame his lawyers if the interview doesn't happen. I really think that his lawyers want the interview under their terms because if Mueller subpoenas him the legal battle will draw out the investigation for additional 2-3 months and if they lose, which is very likely, Trump will have to go in front of the grand jury and answer any and all questions without counsel present.

Question: Are Trump’s lawyer’s worried that he will lie, or are they worried that he will tell the truth? I think it’s a toss up.

28 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

Question: Are Trump’s lawyer’s worried that he will lie, or are they worried that he will tell the truth? I think it’s a toss up.

He doesn't know the difference!

4 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Since Reagan the Republican strategy has been to cut taxes, increase spending, and blame the deficits on the Democrats.  The Republican base loves it, and turns on Republican leaders who deviate from it, such as George Bush Sr.  So I don't expect the Republicans to change, they will remain the party of borrow, spend and deflect.

3 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Yes, also Bush Jr. didnt have all those capital gains taxes rolling in from the internet bubble.

This is the first time I've read that capital gains taxes from the internet bubble made a significant portion of the US Federal budget during the Clinton administration.  Do you have a source for that? 

Why didn't capital gains taxes from the much larger Bush Jr administration keep the deficit down?  Oh wait, tax cuts and two wars funded off-budget.

The scary thing is not too long ago we thought Bush was the worst President ever.  He doesn't seem that bad now.

10 minutes ago, heybruce said:

This is the first time I've read that capital gains taxes from the internet bubble made a significant portion of the US Federal budget during the Clinton administration.  Do you have a source for that? 

Why didn't capital gains taxes from the much larger Bush Jr administration keep the deficit down?  Oh wait, tax cuts and two wars funded off-budget.

The scary thing is not too long ago we thought Bush was the worst President ever.  He doesn't seem that bad now.

Actually the situation with Bush was even worse. Not only were the capital gains taxes collected even a higher percentage than under clinton, but the effective capital gains tax was was lower. And the economy was growing faster under Clinton than under bush. Which means that much more of the capital gains taxes that accrued under the Clinton administration were not derived from any kind of bubble.

https://taxfoundation.org/federal-capital-gains-tax-collections-1954-2009/

Apart from that, I concur with you 100%.

5 hours ago, PattayaAngel said:

Trump supporters need to grow up and learn that when presented with two bad choices you pick the lesser of the two evils.  When presented with a competent candidate they didn't like and an incompetent blow-hard that no intelligent person likes, they chose the blow-hard and rejected competence.

1 hour ago, lannarebirth said:

You're not using the "Obama Recovery" logic on this one, huh?

The Obama Recovery is still in effect. Trump's "pump & dump" is about to take over.  The bailout and stimulus spending in Bush the Younger's last year and Obama's first term was needed.  O should have cut back in his second term. 

Soon Donald will be standing out on the White House lawn in his tighty whities yelling at the sky for raining when it is supposed to be sunny for his golf outing. Just to whom is he chastising with his "big mistake" tweet? Can one really berate the Dow for going down as if it is a thinking entity? He is really losing it.

Trump on the stock market: A 'big mistake'

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/07/trump-stock-market-wall-street-395986?

"In the 'old days,' when good news was reported, the Stock Market would go up. Today, when good news is reported, the Stock Market goes down," the president tweeted. "Big mistake, and we have so much good (great) news about the economy!"

1 hour ago, pegman said:

The Obama Recovery is still in effect. Trump's "pump & dump" is about to take over.  The bailout and stimulus spending in Bush the Younger's last year and Obama's first term was needed.  O should have cut back in his second term. 

It was inadequate in the first time. And once the republicans took over they actually wanted to and partially succeeded in creating an austerity budget. And pump and dump as you call it is the province of the Federal Reserve not the President. And pump and dump is what used to be the conservative prescription for getting out of a financial collapse. It helped a little but once again proved the genius of Keynes.

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

Trump supporters need to grow up and learn that when presented with two bad choices you pick the lesser of the two evils.  When presented with a competent candidate they didn't like and an incompetent blow-hard that no intelligent person likes, they chose the blow-hard and rejected competence.

Unless you listen a bit and accept the 'why' (even though you don't like it) he may win again (God help us). Putting up some wishy washy Lib PC candidate will cost millions of votes.

11 minutes ago, PattayaAngel said:

Unless you listen a bit and accept the 'why' (even though you don't like it) he may win again (God help us). Putting up some wishy washy Lib PC candidate will cost millions of votes.

You maintain that Trump voters will continue to choose incompetence over PC.  You've just proven my point.

Just now, heybruce said:

You maintain that Trump voters will continue to choose incompetence over PC.  You've just proven my point.

Your analysis sounds simple doesn't it? and you are still not listening (nor are millions of others) and so the divide will continue. You just don't 'get it'.  Trump is a megalomaniac and Dems obsession with PC may help him stay there. If he were truly 'incompetent' 

(he isn't he's just dangerous) then he would be impeached (and he won't be). You are just projecting your own feelings. Many voted against PC Hillary not for Trump and you might not like that, and you will enjoy insulting those voters, but there it is.

Your analysis sounds simple doesn't it? and you are still not listening (nor are millions of others) and so the divide will continue. You just don't 'get it'.  Trump is a megalomaniac and Dems obsession with PC may help him stay there. If he were truly 'incompetent' 
(he isn't he's just dangerous) then he would be impeached (and he won't be). You are just projecting your own feelings. Many voted against PC Hillary not for Trump and you might not like that, and you will enjoy insulting those voters, but there it is.
Presidents are never impeached for incompetence. Period.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

45 minutes ago, PattayaAngel said:

Oh the crushing irony!

5 hours ago, PattayaAngel said:

Expand on your claim that PC is causing millions to vote for incompetence over competence.  Provide specific examples of acts of political correctness that outraged voters. 

Trump's outrage over political correctness was just another soundbite for voters who value entertainment over substance.

Regarding that Trump is not incompetent, please explain how a real estate hustler with no history of service or experience in government or the military is competent to be President and Commander in Chief of the US military.

Archived