SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's like asking do you want the sun to rise, there is no choice, unless they have another coup as in 1963 or he dies of natural causes of course I hope he goes on for another 7 years myself. Time people stopped the whining, hail to the Chief!

2 hours ago, The Old Bull said:

The problem is if you get rid of Trump you get a religious nutter for president.

Pence should be investigated by Mueller's team for repeatedly lying while VP - which puts him as a co-conspirator in the massive and sustained cover-up, along with Nunez and other Republicans.

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Go Trump - Full speed ahead.

Sounds like the ship's mate on the Titanic. 

1 minute ago, boomerangutang said:

Pence should be investigated by Mueller's team for repeatedly lying while VP - which puts him as a co-conspirator in the massive and sustained cover-up, along with Nunez and other Republicans.

Sounds like the ship's mate on the Titanic. 

I'd rather have Pence than Ryan. If they dump trump and Pence, we get Ryan. Ryan has a lot more political skill than Pence and with his twisted Ayn Randian ideology has the potential to do much more long term damage. 

9 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

It's like asking do you want the sun to rise, there is no choice, unless they have another coup as in 1963 or he dies of natural causes. of course I hope he goes on for another 7 years myself. Time people stopped the whining, hail to the Chief!

There may be a choice. Just be patient. We'll know a lot more after these two major events:

-- the 2018 midterm elections

-- the conclusion of the Mueller investigation

trump is president and the office deserves respect, but trump the baby man has dragged that office down the gutter, so trump himself does NOT deserve respect. 

52 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I voted yes, he was voted in, so he should continue, unless he breaks the law or is proven unfit to carry on. He's still a ****, though

He has broken several laws, both before and after he was sworn in.  Look up 'Emoluments Clause' as it pertains to Trump.  

He took an oath of office to uphold the laws of the land, yet he is actively and unabashedly breaking that oath.  Just one of several examples:  Obamacare is a law.  Trump is doing all he can to trash it.

And he is mentally unfit for office.  Even his closest aides will admit it.  The reason a doctor won't say so, is obvious.  

35 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'd rather have Pence than Ryan. If they dump trump and Pence, we get Ryan. Ryan has a lot more political skill than Pence and with his twisted Ayn Randian ideology has the potential to do much more long term damage. 

I agree with your assessment of Ryan.  He could only become president by removal of Trump and Pence by a Democratic Congress, which would hopefully restrain him.

14 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Trump supporters are split between those who want the US more aggressively involved in the middle east and those who wants us to stay out. 

As long as Israel has the seat at the top table, it doesn't really matter who wants the US to cease and desist in the middle east.

Anyway, back on topic. I think he may be a single term POTUS with the last 12-18 months overshadowed by protracted and cleverly manipulated legal House processes to make sure that he doesn't get impeached but also ensuring that he doesn't get a second whack at the piñata.

32 minutes ago, Slip said:

Trump is no longer the biggest threat to the U.S. and hasn't been for a while now.  The incompetent, supremacist, conniving GOP have become the true enemy of everyday Americans.

Meanwhile this survey is a poor replacement for the "do you think that Trump will be impeached/ resign?" one because it makes the same mistakes.  People conflate the 'should/ will issues' as has been shown by the responses in this very thread.  A decent survey would ask both questions at the same time.

No survey is perfect.:stoner:

Members are very welcome to discuss whether they think trump won't end his first term or not, and if not in what way they think he will be removed.

They are closely related topics. 

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No survey is perfect.

Members are very welcome to discuss whether they think trump won't end his first term and if not, in what way they think he will be removed.

They are closely related topics. 

I don't mean the comments.  I mean the survey. In the last one about whether he would complete his term people were voting 'no' because they didn't want to see Trump complete his term.  In this one it seems people are voting about whether he will finish it although the question is whether he should.  They are separate issues.

1 minute ago, Slip said:

I don't mean the comments.  I mean the survey. In the last one about whether he would complete his term people were voting 'no' because they didn't want to see Trump complete his term.  In this one it seems people are voting about whether he will finish it although the question is whether he should.  They are separate issues.

Sorry, I don't agree with you. The question here is CRYSTAL CLEAR. Do people WANT him to finish, or not. I do not see the ambiguity in that question that you appear to see and I doubt many other people do either. 

3 hours ago, heybruce said:

Do I want a completely unqualified, clueless, erratic, self-absorbed buffoon to have the power to launch nuclear weapons?  No, I want him removed from office as soon as possible.

Cue the "But, but, but....the stock market!" replies.

• President Trump is no fool, he is not about to launch nuke on anyone, unless they try first, then its "Armegeddon"
  • He has done nothing to be 'impeached'  he has committed no crime.  They successfully 'impeached' Bill Clinton, but he remained in office.  They threatened to impeach Nixon, and he resigned.
  • Ley him finish this term, re-elect him for the second, elect Pence after that - 12 years of Republican  rule is exactly what America needs - to hell with the rest of the world.
  • just sayin.......... Oh, almost forgot.  the Stock market is doing quite well, haven't you heard???

46 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:
  • President Trump is no fool, he is not about to launch nuke on anyone, unless they try first, then its "Armegeddon"
  • He has done nothing to be 'impeached'  he has committed no crime.  They successfully 'impeached' Bill Clinton, but he remained in office.  They threatened to impeach Nixon, and he resigned.
  • Ley him finish this term, re-elect him for the second, elect Pence after that - 12 years of Republican  rule is exactly what America needs - to hell with the rest of the world.
  • just sayin.......... Oh, almost forgot.  the Stock market is doing quite well, haven't you heard???

To give just one of many examples of his stupidity; he showed highly classified foreign intelligence to Russian ambassadors, just to show off.  Pretty stupid in my book  However it is his stupidity in cutting aid to Pakistan that will have very real consequences to our troops in Afghanistan.

He has obstructed justice, and is looking for ways to do more of the same.  He has also employed people in high positions charged with criminal activity contrary to the interests and security of the US.  However it is when his financial affairs are examined that I expect to see really impeachable offenses.

Eight years of Republican rule gave us two unfinished wars, a financial meltdown, a $1.3 trillion dollar deficit, and many other bad things.  How could any patriotic American want twelve years of that?

Yeah, the stock market.  The Obama recovery hasn't been derailed, yet.

Edit:  Considering the overall cluelessness of Trump regarding military affairs in general and nuclear deterrence in general, what makes you so confident he won't start a nuclear war?  He's such an insecure egotist he might do it just so people will remember his name.

So far he has tweeted a lot, but his actions have been limited. I am hoping for good elections for the democrats, having them in control of Congress and senate, and leaving Trump in place as the impotant man he is.

7 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Some on here are suffering trump derangement syndrome candace explains:

A good example of very obnoxious and very ignorant trump supporter GLOATING. Yeah, he won with way fewer votes than his opponent, and his support base has shrunk significantly from then as well. Yeah, shouldn't have ever happened. Yeah, the democrats ran a flawed candidate even accounting for the confirmed Russian influence towards trump but there was no comparison to how incredibly unsuited trump was to be president. Yeah, the country and world would be better off if he can be removed. Nothing deranged about that at all. 

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

A good example of very obnoxious and very ignorant trump supporter GLOATING. Yeah, he won with way fewer votes than his opponent, and his support base has shrunk significantly from then as well. Yeah, shouldn't have ever happened. Yeah, the democrats ran a flawed candidate even accounting for the confirmed Russian influence towards trump but there was no comparison to how incredibly unsuited trump was to be president. Yeah, the country and world would be better off if he can be removed. Nothing deranged about that at all. 

Actually you are the ignorant one about her, she has a degree in journalism and was a Democratic liberal until the liberal media tried to stitch her up when she refused to back down on exposing democratic fraud. There is NO Russian connection, sorry to burst your bubble, you will just have to accept the result, it's called being a grown up.

1 minute ago, Orton Rd said:

Actually you are the ignorant one about her, she has a degree in journalism and was a Democratic liberal until the liberal media tried to stitch her up when she refused to back down on exposing democratic fraud. There is NO Russian connection, sorry to burst your bubble, you will just have to accept the result, it's called being a grown up.

The Russian interference is totally confirmed. What is not confirmed is collusion with the trump campaign. If being a "grown up" is pushing BIG LIES such as the Russians weren't involved, count me out. Really, please up your game and post in a factual reality based way, and stop posting totally offensive insulting videos if you really want a serious discussion here. But I'm not optimistic. 

24 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

yes!  let's impeach!  we want pence as president.

religious nutjob who's looking forward to end days.

"what's that, general?  you don't say!  you mean if i push

this little button, the rapture commences!"

Granted, that is a concern. For decent Americans at this point in history, there are a bunch of bad choices. trump, Pence, and Ryan are all very bad but I still think trump's badness trumps them all. Of course, it's also very possible, perhaps even probable that trump will finish his first term. We shall see. 

Archived