SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I hear that people do not want Pence to take over if Trump were to leave, but I say let Trump finish.

The reason that I want Trump to finish is that I think he will do so much damage to the Republican party brand that they will not be able to be elected again for a very, very long time. Think of it; now the Republican party is one where 'Pussy-grabbing' is okay, where it is okay to harass and abuse women (17 at last count), it is okay to demonize people based on the colour of their skin, it is okay to discriminate against people based on their religion, it is okay to violate every political norm out there, it is okay to lie several times a day, it is okay to screw over the people who voted for you, Etc. Etc. Etc.

The above is what Trump supporters have allowed.

Let all Republicans everywhere have Trump's name tattooed on their forehead for life! 

I agree—IF there were no other side to this coin, but there is.

we have to weigh the possibility of a thermonuclear war or a major trade war* against the satisfaction of seeing exposed to full display the hypocrisy and craven corporate submissiveness of the GOP.

*http://www.scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy-defence/article/2130842/china-should-be-ready-trade-war-after-donald-trumps

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Peterw42 said:

Its not our fault that Americans refer to their president as "the leader of the free world". That attitude pretty much gives us all a say.

Americans are saying that much less frequently now. It's understood under trump that the USA has surrendered from any pretensions of such leadership. But I agree entirely that the USA is still powerful enough (economy and military, etc.) that who is in power there is of legitimate concern globally. 

Sadistic motives then, not because he is doing good. 

His military initiative of killing terrorists in Iraq, Syria,Afghanistan and Pakistan, removing illegals from America, installing conservative jurists, lowering corporate and personal taxes, rolling back the epa and other rogue government regulatory institutions, deconstructing Obama care, removing the United States from ridiculous accords, demanding reciprocal trade policies, following a congressional directive to recognize Israel’s capitol and move the embassy, challenging NAFTA and pretty much undoing anything Obama did with an executive orders is a great job to me. I could go on but it’s exhausting naming everything I like about what’s he’s doing. Sticking his finger in liberal Democrats eyes is just the best thing out of all things trump.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Americans are saying that much less frequently now. It's understood under trump that the USA has surrendered from any pretensions of such leadership. But I agree entirely that the USA is still powerful enough (economy and military, etc.) that who is in power there is of legitimate concern globally. 

We are tired of being the World Policeman for too many years now, about time we started policing our own country and see how that works out for us...........to hell with the rest of the world.:whistling:

We are tired of being the World Policeman for too many years now, about time we started policing our own country and see how that works out for us...........to hell with the rest of the world.:whistling:
The rest of the world is likely to respond to hell with the US then. Very short sighted.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

I know we like to think that we are the wold's policeman , it is a narrative that helps many justify our colonial ambitions. We are there to help them. Trust me, they are begging as to stop helping them,

But whatever you   call it , I agree with you, time to take care business at home for the people that live there and not for the multinational corporations.

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The rest of the world is likely to respond to hell with the US then. Very short sighted.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I would like to agree with this, but there comes a time when things have to change, we are the worlds largest economy (according to some) how that is, I haven't a clue, because China and India are bigger than the US, so why aren't they the worlds biggest economy's??  We have been taken advantage of for an awful long time, its time we took the high road and see who follows.

6 hours ago, NanLaew said:

It's so very enlightening to know the political persuasion of your true American friends now isn't it? Here's one for you. Who was 'in control' when they US forces kicked over the fruit stand in Grenada?

Answer: Reagan.

Also, wars aren't always bad.  Clinton was in the power seat when the US sent its military to interfere in former Yugoslavia.  Belgrade was bombed.  Most observers agree that US intervention in that conflict precluded a lot more suffering - which would have gone on and on without Bill Clinton's decision making acumen.

The differences between presidents like Clinton, Carter and Obama .......and Trump are vast.   The three Democratic presidents mentioned had some wisdom.  Trump has none.  

8 minutes ago, Slip said:

Please don't encourage them.

Are you saying they are intentionally putting forth misleading information or "alternative" facts in order to further their own agenda? Heavens. And I thought that was the function of the POTUS. I guess good followers walk in the same steps as their leaders. Birds of a feather and all that...

3 hours ago, KMartinHandyman said:

His military initiative of killing terrorists in Iraq, Syria,Afghanistan and Pakistan, removing illegals from America, installing conservative jurists, lowering corporate and personal taxes, rolling back the epa and other rogue government regulatory institutions, deconstructing Obama care, removing the United States from ridiculous accords, demanding reciprocal trade policies, following a congressional directive to recognize Israel’s capitol and move the embassy, challenging NAFTA and pretty much undoing anything Obama did with an executive orders is a great job to me. I could go on but it’s exhausting naming everything I like about what’s he’s doing. Sticking his finger in liberal Democrats eyes is just the best thing out of all things trump.

Obama also killed terrorists, including one named Osama bin Laden.  He also deported so many illegals he was called the Deporter in Chief.  Many of the conservative jurists are tragically unqualified.  His tax cuts will cause the deficit to skyrocket (a favorite Republican trick).  He's rolling back regulations designed to prevent another financial crisis, Deepwater Horizon type spill, contamination of the air and drinking water, etc.  His "repeal and replace" of the Affordable Care Act has turned into a cripple and ignore, which will leave tens of millions of Americans without healthcare.  He hasn't begun any new trade deals, but he pulled out of the TPP, a deal designed to prevent China from dominating Asia. 

How do you feel about his sharing highly classified foreign intelligence with Russia?  Bringing the world to the brink of war with his immature twitter tirades?  Threatening to trigger a nuclear arms race in the middle east by pulling out of the Iran deal? Cutting aid to Pakistan, the country that controls our supply lines to Afghanistan?  I could go on but it's exhausting listing everything incompetent he's done.

I do agree that's his cozying up to fascists and white supremacists does stick a finger in liberal Democrats eyes.

Heybruce said:"Obama also killed terrorists, including one named Osama bin Laden.  He also deported so many illegals he was called the Deporter in Chief.  Many of the conservative jurists are tragically unqualified.  His tax cuts will cause the deficit to skyrocket (a favorite Republican trick).  He's rolling back regulations designed to prevent another financial crisis, Deepwater Horizon type spill, contamination of the air and drinking water, etc.  His "repeal and replace" of the Affordable Care Act has turned into a cripple and ignore, which will leave tens of millions of Americans without healthcare.  He hasn't begun any new trade deals, but he pulled out of the TPP, a deal designed to prevent China from dominating Asia". 

"How do you feel about his sharing highly classified foreign intelligence with Russia?  Bringing the world to the brink of war with his immature twitter tirades?  Threatening to trigger a nuclear arms race in the middle east by pulling out of the Iran deal? Cutting aid to Pakistan, the country that controls our supply lines to Afghanistan?  I could go on but it's exhausting listing everything incompetent he's done".

"I do agree that's his cozying up to fascists and white supremacists does stick a finger in liberal Democrats eyes".

1.conservative jurists ,not qualified ,maybe one or two but not many.Most liberals would disagree with a conservative agenda and vise a versa .

2.Tax cuts and deficit ,Job creation and growing a GDP will cut into that word skyrocket.

3.Rolling back regulation to create new business. Relaxed restrictions promotes economic expansion.

4.ACA he did away with the mandate and Obamacare is still in the works to replace it.

5.He said no to TPP ,to make individual deals and now he has the "Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership" soon to be signed .

6.Sharing intel with Russia, Trump didn't expose sources or methods.He is Exempt from laws as President in sharing INTEL.

7.Brink of war by using twitter,Most people oppose his remarks on twitter.Bringing war on the world as a result of twittering  is a stretch.If anything it has brought Iran and NK to respect the USA .

8.I could go on but it mostly can be summed up in one's Ideals and changing the mess of the last 40 years .

12 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Or rather many wouldn't say things they know are narrow minded, based in prejudice, bigoted, fueled by hate  and wouldn't think, never mind say.

I think you think you know what people think but I think you are wrong. 

14 hours ago, The Old Bull said:

The problem is if you get rid of Trump you get a religious nutter for president.

It's not just that, Pence would be a mere rubber-stamp for whatever the Republican leadership puts in front of him.  As GOP stalwart Grover Norquist said during the 2012 Republican primaries "it doesn't matter who is president, we just need him to sign our legislation."  Pence is the RNC's (and its sponsors') wet dream.

That considered, I'd prefer the infantile chaos of this guy over a congressional GOP juggernaut.

13 hours ago, heybruce said:

If you look at his policies regarding Iran, Pakistan, Israel, Israel, Turkey, and North Korea, any assumption that he won't start more wars is optimistic.

He's not a fighter/warrior, he's a bully and enjoys getting a rise out of people.

He's still the snot-nosed punk-arsed brat he was at age 13.

1 hour ago, riclag said:

Heybruce said:"Obama also killed terrorists, including one named Osama bin Laden.  He also deported so many illegals he was called the Deporter in Chief.  Many of the conservative jurists are tragically unqualified.  His tax cuts will cause the deficit to skyrocket (a favorite Republican trick).  He's rolling back regulations designed to prevent another financial crisis, Deepwater Horizon type spill, contamination of the air and drinking water, etc.  His "repeal and replace" of the Affordable Care Act has turned into a cripple and ignore, which will leave tens of millions of Americans without healthcare.  He hasn't begun any new trade deals, but he pulled out of the TPP, a deal designed to prevent China from dominating Asia". 

"How do you feel about his sharing highly classified foreign intelligence with Russia?  Bringing the world to the brink of war with his immature twitter tirades?  Threatening to trigger a nuclear arms race in the middle east by pulling out of the Iran deal? Cutting aid to Pakistan, the country that controls our supply lines to Afghanistan?  I could go on but it's exhausting listing everything incompetent he's done".

"I do agree that's his cozying up to fascists and white supremacists does stick a finger in liberal Democrats eyes".

1.conservative jurists ,not qualified ,maybe one or two but not many.Most liberals would disagree with a conservative agenda and vise a versa .

2.Tax cuts and deficit ,Job creation and growing a GDP will cut into that word skyrocket.

3.Rolling back regulation to create new business. Relaxed restrictions promotes economic expansion.

4.ACA he did away with the mandate and Obamacare is still in the works to replace it.

5.He said no to TPP ,to make individual deals and now he has the "Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership" soon to be signed .

6.Sharing intel with Russia, Trump didn't expose sources or methods.He is Exempt from laws as President in sharing INTEL.

7.Brink of war by using twitter,Most people oppose his remarks on twitter.Bringing war on the world as a result of twittering  is a stretch.If anything it has brought Iran and NK to respect the USA .

8.I could go on but it mostly can be summed up in one's Ideals and changing the mess of the last 40 years .

It's late, I'll keep this short:

1. Judicial nominees--https://www.npr.org/2017/12/19/572046189/three-trump-judicial-nominees-withdraw-raising-some-questions-about-vetting

2.  Tax cuts will grow the economy.  Standard BS, used before, debatable if the cuts ever "grew the economy", beyond debate that the cuts and questionable growth never came close to covering the deficits generated. 

3.  Relaxed regulations lead to economic growth.  Also standard BS, though I will admit that oil spills create jobs.  I can't think of anything good that came from the financial crisis, or contaminated drinking water.

4.  Eliminates ACA, still in works to replace it.  Yeah, right.  Like everyone knows, "Repeal and replace" means repeal and play lip service to replacement.  If you disagree, tell us how the replacement plan is going.

5.  Do you homework. Trump doesn't have "Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership", that's what the countries that were part of the PTT are putting together to replace it with.

6.  Trump didn't expose sources and methods?  Then why does everyone know the source?  Knowing exactly what the intelligence is is enough to reveal methods.  Excusing his stupidity by stating it wasn't technically illegal doesn't change the fact that it was stupid, and damages intelligence sharing with allies that have intelligence we need.

7.  It's a stretch to state that Trump's tweeting causes anyone to respect the US.

8.  The mess of the last 40 years resulted in the end of the cold war, the US become the world's only superpower, the greatest reductions in global poverty on record, and other good things.  Trumpies imagine the everything was terrible and a clueless narcissist like Trump will make things great.  They are wrong on both counts.

23 minutes ago, bendejo said:

He's not a fighter/warrior, he's a bully and enjoys getting a rise out of people.

He's still the snot-nosed punk-arsed brat he was at age 13.

I'm not suggesting that Trump would ever dirty his hands with fighting, or ever put himself in harms way.  He's shown  that he's a coward that serves no cause other than Trump.  That doesn't mean he won't sacrifice others in an unnecessary war.

4 hours ago, heybruce said:

I do agree that's his cozying up to fascists and white supremacists

Just look at the 32 year old white supremacist that is his senior advisor and I wonder whose armed forces John Kelly retired from.

AMERICA FIRST?

Under Trump, US jobs are moving overseas even faster than before

“We’re just shipping company after company after company is leaving this country and leaving jobs behind,” president Donald Trump said on the campaign trail last year. “And I’m going to get it stopped.”

So far, not so good. A group that advocates for federal workers says government records show (pdf) more than 10,000 jobs at federal contractors have been sent over overseas since Trump was elected. That’s more than double the average annual amount during Barack Obama’s presidency. The organization, Good Jobs Nation, funded by unions and faith groups, wants the White House to hold these contractors accountable.

https://qz.com/1144201/under-trump-us-jobs-are-moving-overseas-even-faster-than-before/

Just for fun how about a  poll called "Would You Rather", pitting a Trump presidency against fictitious presidencies of other Rep. and Dem. luminaries.  I imagine Trump would come out looking pretty good against the likes of Newt Gingrich, Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, Rand Paul, etc.  It would have just about as much bearing on what may happen as this poll does.

Archived