Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scott

SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Just for fun how about a  poll called "Would You Rather", pitting a Trump presidency against fictitious presidencies of other Rep. and Dem. luminaries.  I imagine Trump would come out looking pretty good against the likes of Newt Gingrich, Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, Rand Paul, etc.  It would have just about as much bearing on what may happen as this poll does.

You want a deflection poll?

 

You imagine Trump would look good compared to experienced, rational politicians.  I strongly disagree, most people would rather see anyone but Trump in the White House.  But there's no need for a deflection poll to see who's correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

 

I think it is clear Trump did all or most of the things cited in the article. I'm not sure if all or most or any of those things rise to the level of obstruction of justice. If they do then he is guilty of that.  I'm much more interested in actual crimes he may have been a party too though. People will be uneasy if no underlying crime is found (not saying that will be the case) and the only chargable crime is procedural rather than substantive.

As has been explained before, an impeachable offense is anything the House of Representatives agrees on.  Impeachment follows if two thirds of the Senate agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thakkar said:

Sorry for stealing your schitck, but you’re missing some major analogies here: since these Republicans use their elected office to vote away our rights and give our money to the 1%, it’s not even like paying for someone *else* to have sex; it’s closer to like paying someone else to have sex with your wife.

you are welcome.

As soon as Trump won the Republican nod, summer of '16, he immediately tripled the rents for suites at Trump Towers.  He knew a bunch of rooms would be rented out by campaign workers and secret service.  He never misses a chance to commercialize things.  I wouldn't be surprised if he bottles and sells run-off from his golden toilet as 'holy water.'  He gives 'Trickle Down' a whole new dimension.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible that if it truly hits the fan then Air Force One makes a visit to the boss in Moscow and returns without him? From there, where he lives in a splendid dacha, he encourages his loyalists in the USA to cause mischief.

Does this scenario ring a bell?  Already, Devin Nunes is his Jatuporn.

 

It is not a political movement, it is a cult of personality.  This is what blew up in Bannon's face a few weeks ago: he thought he could take Trump-ism as a political ideology and become the new leader of it, but the followers ain't following him.  They love their Cheeto.  The one positive regarding DT is that he is not an ideologue, his only doctrine is narcissism.

 

And on the subject of Bannon (how can a guy who is so rich so convincingly look like he sleeps behind a dumpster?) he had been saying all along it was the REPUBLICANS who want DT ousted.  All that stuff about dementia has do with his own party.  His removal from office with Pence in ascendancy will constitute a GOP victory.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Though not by any means a Trump supporter,  I voted yes that my preference is he finish his one term. Primarily because I would find a Pence led administration much more objectionable. Pence is truly a threat to democracy while Trump is basicly just an embarrassment.  

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/01/gods-plan-for-mike-pence/546569/

 

The key is for the Democratic Party to gain control of the Senate this year to avoid any new supreme court and other federal judiciary  confirmations. After that Trump is fairly harmless. 

TH 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Anyone who donates to Republican party candidates, including Trump, should know their money is partly going to pay hush money to prostitutes.  Just sayin'....   If you like spending money for Trump's 'hush money', then fine, keep donating to Trump.

You're probably in the wrong forum to talk about paying money to prostitutes....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, thaihome said:

The key is for the Democratic Party to gain control of the Senate this year to avoid any new supreme court and other federal judiciary  confirmations. After that Trump is fairly harmless. 

 

The most likely outcome of the midterms is that Democrats take the House but not the Senate. If there is a Democratic House and a Republican Senate, then who knows if anything major will get accomplished. It is hard enough as it is with just one party in power. You would think there should be a flurry of activity in government for Republicans to push through as much legislation as possible before losing the House. But it seems most of the major bills are stuck. The underlying issue seems to be a lack of a coherent strategy from the WH. The last person in the room to speak seems to drive things at the WH. Either that or the WH gets its direction from Fox and Friends.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, heybruce said:

You imagine Trump would look good compared to experienced, rational politicians.  I strongly disagree, most people would rather see anyone but Trump in the White House.  But there's no need for a deflection poll to see who's correct.

The day's of the politicians are gone .Most people are sick of the career  politicians.In fact the poll that mattered took place on 11-08-16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, riclag said:

The day's of the politicians are gone .Most people are sick of the career  politicians.In fact the poll that mattered took place on 11-08-16

The one that trump lost? Yep.

 

CLINTON 65,844,954

trump 62,979,879


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bendejo said:

Is it possible that if it truly hits the fan then Air Force One makes a visit to the boss in Moscow and returns without him? From there, where he lives in a splendid dacha, he encourages his loyalists in the USA to cause mischief....

I thought the same thing when it was revealed that he had asked the Guggenheim for the loan of the melancholy Van Gogh painting "Landscape with snow".  He wants to get used to the view before defecting.  (And sell the painting when he gets there).  Next he'll be requesting a comic strip version of "The cherry orchard".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a year gone by, and the Social Justice Warrior types still haven't got over the reality of President Trump.

 

Business must be mighty brisk among the psychologists with an insight into Trump Derangement Syndrome (or those who pretend they do).

 

I'm no great fan of President Trump, but this chronic hysteria about his presidency is disturbing on many levels, and almost pathological.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

It's a year gone by, and the Social Justice Warrior types still haven't got over the reality of President Trump.

 

Business must be mighty brisk among the psychologists with an insight into Trump Derangement Syndrome (or those who pretend they do).

 

I'm no great fan of President Trump, but this chronic hysteria about his presidency is disturbing on many levels, and almost pathological.

Why is it that so many obvious trump supporters put on an act of not supporting him? Nobody is fooled. We can very easily tell by the content of the posts other than the disclaimers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Why is it that so many obvious trump supporters put on an act of not supporting him? Nobody is fooled. We can very easily tell by the content of the posts other than the disclaimers.

I'm not a Trump supporter. I think he's unfit to be president of the United States. But marginally less unfit for that office than Hillary Clinton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RickBradford said:

I'm not a Trump supporter. I think he's unfit to be president of the United States. But marginally less unfit for that office than Hillary Clinton.

Sure thing, mate. :stoner:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...