SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

A few of the insults hurled by me:

Trump threatening to undo the Iran deal, against the advice of all the adults in the White House, could trigger an arms race in the Middle East.

Trump has put our military supply lines to Afghanistan at risk by cutting aid to Pakistan.

Trump surrendered US leadership in the Asia-Pacific by backing out of the TPP, letting China set the rules for trade in the region and leaving the US in a much weaker position.

Republicans have passed deficit exploding tax cuts, again.

The 29% rise in the value of the US dollar under Obama, and the 9% fall in Trump's first year, shows global confidence in the US economy was strong under Obama and took a significant fall as soon as Trump became President.

Yeah, I see your point.  The facts are insulting.

I’m sorry you feel I was addressing you, that was not my intent to single out anyone.

In fact, I seldom, if ever read your posts.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Luckysilk said:
3 hours ago, heybruce said:

Yeah, I see your point.  The facts are insulting.

I’m sorry you feel I was addressing you, that was not my intent to single out anyone.

In fact, I seldom, if ever read your posts

And you still are purposely insulting in your apology. Nice.

America seems on the point of meltdown tonight.  Nunes has somehow railroaded the house Intelligence Committee to release a memo that will omit to  state the context of the contents. i.e the facts are not being released, and the same committee that has voted to release the memo voted to not allow the memo from the Dems that states the context of the memo. The US is totally frakked, and nobody is going to do anything about it. Ryan, Pence, Nunes, McConnell are all complicit. The swamp is smellier and stinkier than it has ever been.

All that tied in with the State of the Union speech in a few hours, well it is true, it is in a real state. I can't wait to hear Donald Trump reading Stephen Millers speech to the American people. Poor, embarrassed, disgraced America, a shadow of it's former self........Sad!

10 hours ago, RickBradford said:

As someone from outside the ranks of the Perpetually Outraged, I'm not up to speed on what this alleged white power gesture is.

Is it the bit where he's adjusting his tie, or to do with the spidery spread of the fingers? The subtle handkerchief in the breast pocket? Or is it something to do with his ears?

In other words you don't have a clue, so just respond with nonsense. 

30 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

America seems on the point of meltdown tonight.  Nunes has somehow railroaded the house Intelligence Committee to release a memo that will omit to  state the context of the contents. i.e the facts are not being released, and the same committee that has voted to release the memo voted to not allow the memo from the Dems that states the context of the memo. The US is totally frakked, and nobody is going to do anything about it. Ryan, Pence, Nunes, McConnell are all complicit. The swamp is smellier and stinkier than it has ever been.

All that tied in with the State of the Union speech in a few hours, well it is true, it is in a real state. I can't wait to hear Donald Trump reading Stephen Millers speech to the American people. Poor, embarrassed, disgraced America, a shadow of it's former self........Sad!

Maybe Mueller needs to issue a subpoena for Nunes to appear before the grand jury and ask him if he conspired with Trump and the White house to draft the memo.  Adam Schiff, the ranking minority leader of the House Intelligence Committee, reported that he specifically asked Nunes that question and he declined to answer.  Wouldn't that be a case of obstruction of justice if Trump and the white house instructed him to write the memo and decline to or delay the release of the oppositions response?  Nunes admits that he didn't even read the supporting documents that form the basis for the memo so how in the world could he sign it?

4 hours ago, simple1 said:

In other words you don't have a clue, so just respond with nonsense. 

So you believe the presidential advisor, no matter what you may think of him personally, was giving a surreptitious White Power salute?  I'm interested, so I may know how to regard your posts.  I saw you as earnest but partisan heretofore.

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Your suggestion is definitely more stupid. Dude, if the existence of this topic bothers you so much, why are you bothering to post here? To heckle people? Sounds like it. Why not just ignore the topic? Would that be so difficult for you? 

......because of your stupid replies..... 

16 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

So you believe the presidential advisor, no matter what you may think of him personally, was giving a surreptitious White Power salute?  I'm interested, so I may know how to regard your posts.  I saw you as earnest but partisan heretofore.

No,  I requested the member who posted the photos to clarify / confirm the allegation.

I view Trump as a spiteful enabler of division, both domestically and internationally. Accordingly IMO unfit to represent the Office of the President of the USA.

9 minutes ago, simple1 said:

No,  I requested the member who posted the photos to clarify / confirm the allegation.

I view Trump as a spiteful enabler of division, both domestically and internationally. Accordingly IMO unfit to represent the Office of the President of the USA.

Of course he's unfit, but then, many of them are. We've had a bad run lately.  Who would have guessed that Nixon would be a more progressive president than all 7 of his successors combined?

10 minutes ago, wayned said:

The performance of the circus is currently on CNN!  Forty two minutes in and he's still patting himself on the back!

That is what the SOTU address is for. In my memory it was never anything other than that.

Anywho, his speech is about par for the course, which I'm sure exceeds most people's expectations and certainly mine.

18 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Anywho, his speech is about par for the course, which I'm sure exceeds most people's expectations and certainly mine.

I was really hoping that the teleprompter system had a catastrophic failure!  Then it would be a real show!!!

12 hours ago, chippendale said:

Dow Jones 26,000: America is Great again.

Trump is a Boss! Re-elected in 2020

You may see progress in terms of dollar signs. If so, you concur with millionaire right-wingers who are goose-stepping alongside Trump.

I see progress in terms of the following (partial list):

>>> Integrity of National Parks

>>> Well being and self-esteem among those in the US.  Not just citizens, but also those striving to become citizens.

>>>  less shooting deaths.  Currently there are an average of 1 mass murder/day in the US (defined as 4 or more people at one location/time).

>>>  clean coastlines, off-shore regions. Clean skies, waterways.

>>>  access to basic health care, including clinical help for addicts.

Thus far, Trump and his sheeple focus primarily on money issues, and don't give a damn about things I listed above.

On 1/30/2018 at 5:01 AM, Jingthing said:
This makes a good point, but if trump and Pence goes, then it's Ryan.

So it's basically different flavors of poison.

If Trump Is Booted, Pence Is an Unacceptable Replacement
A post-Trump America does not need the failed president's doctrine of hatred to be stoked by his successor, who will continue to divide us to hold on to power. Any trace of Trump must be eradicated, and the abomination that the Republican Party has become must not be rewarded by putting Trump’s vice president in the White House.

https://www.advocate.com/commentary/2018/1/29/if-trump-booted-pence-unacceptable-replacement

So this 'opposition' is not really against Trump, but against the Republicans...... just as I thought.  You guys have consistently said it wasn't about the democrats losing, but about the worst President the US has ever seen, and now............. your hand is revealed.

Thanks for finally admitting it!   AND............. it took 6263 only posts on the other thread and 250+ on this to do it.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 hours ago, Luckysilk said:

In fact, I seldom, if ever read your posts.

I see, you don't read posters you disagree with, but you assume there are insults from the left.  In other words, you draw your conclusions and don't worry if they are supported by facts.  A true Trumpie.

17 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

https://www.advocate.com/commentary/2018/1/29/if-trump-booted-pence-unacceptable-replacement

So this 'opposition' is not really against Trump, but against the Republicans...... just as I thought.  You guys have consistently said it wasn't about the democrats losing, but about the worst President the US has ever seen, and now............. your hand is revealed.

Thanks for finally admitting it!   AND............. it took 6263 only posts on the other thread and 250+ on this to do it.

Why do you think it is unreasonable for people to oppose Trump, who is being used to advance a destructive Republican agenda, and oppose the Republican agenda as well?

Granted, Trump is such a loathsome individual it is easy to hate him, and difficult to understand why so many idolize him (I assume the simple-minded slogans appeal to simple-minded people). But if Trump were loathsome and harmless, I would just ignore him.  It is the damaging policies he is pushing that cause me to oppose him.

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Why do you think it is unreasonable for people to oppose Trump, who is being used to advance a destructive Republican agenda, and oppose the Republican agenda as well?

Granted, Trump is such a loathsome individual it is easy to hate him, and difficult to understand why so many idolize him (I assume the simple-minded slogans appeal to simple-minded people). But if Trump were loathsome and harmless, I would just ignore him.  It is the damaging policies he is pushing that cause me to oppose him.

Not even a nice try bruce.

I don't think it's unreasonable, but JT has confirmed that if he was replaced by Pence, the rage would continue, and if Pence went, it would go on, and on.....and on.

It's not about Trump, but about the democrats losing and the Republicans winning.  The left is the same the world over.  They can't/won't accept the result of the vote.

I'm not sure what on or off topic is on this thread, about 250 posts so far not referring to whether Trump should finish his first term.

1 hour ago, F4UCorsair said:

I don't think it's unreasonable, but JT has confirmed that if he was replaced by Pence, the rage would continue, and if Pence went, it would go on, and on.....and on.

It's not about Trump, but about the democrats losing and the Republicans winning.  The left is the same the world over.  They can't/won't accept the result of the vote.

I'm not sure what on or off topic is on this thread, about 250 posts so far not referring to whether Trump should finish his first term.

Actually, Pence probably would not continue some of the greater idiocies of Trump, things like $25 billion for a border wall that will not work, undermining diplomacy with idiotic tweets, flattering dictators and autocrats while offending allies, stuff like that.  Although he might continue Trump's attacks on the press; the Republicans seem to have acquired a taste for undermining the First Amendment.

But yes, Pence would be more effective in undercutting the country's social safety net, ballooning the deficit, and attempting to force religious rules on a country where the Constitution separates church and state.  In spite of all this, he would be an improvement over Trump.  Pence is not as clueless, erratic or dangerous.  Not everyone agrees, some would like to see Trump stay in office and continue to alienate voters against the Republicans.   I think the risks to the country are too great for that.

Who is not accepting the results of the vote?  Are Democrats being any more obstructionist that Republicans under Obama?  Remember McConnell stating that the goal of the Republicans was to make Obama a one term President, and continuing their obstructionist ways after they failed? 

BTW, go back to the first page and read the early posts.  Plenty of them make it clear that Trump should not finish his first term.  TV members should make some effort to make informed posts.

7 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

Wrong, wrong and wrong again.   Many opposed to Trump are opposed to his policies.   Many people are neither Democrat or Republican, they are independent.   They may lean in a certain direction, but they can change in a heartbeat.   Most people I know do not vote a party ticket, they vote for the person not the party.  

It is the Trump supporters who are blind to the amount of divisions and short-sighted policies he is trying to implement.     

On 1/28/2018 at 7:17 AM, Samui Bodoh said:

I hear that people do not want Pence to take over if Trump were to leave, but I say let Trump finish.

The reason that I want Trump to finish is that I think he will do so much damage to the Republican party brand that they will not be able to be elected again for a very, very long time. Think of it; now the Republican party is one where 'Pussy-grabbing' is okay, where it is okay to harass and abuse women (17 at last count), it is okay to demonize people based on the colour of their skin, it is okay to discriminate against people based on their religion, it is okay to violate every political norm out there, it is okay to lie several times a day, it is okay to screw over the people who voted for you, Etc. Etc. Etc.

The above is what Trump supporters have allowed.

Let all Republicans everywhere have Trump's name tattooed on their forehead for life! 

yeah, like in the end of inglorious bastards

On 1/28/2018 at 1:49 AM, i claudius said:

Well at least he doesnt pussyfoot around and says what many are afraid to say out loud

He speaks total BS with little regard for the truth.  He also repeats, or retweets, any information that he wants to believe without checking to see if it's true.  Obama wiretapped me!  Millions of illegal votes for Clinton!  Largest electoral college victory in history!  Biggest tax cut in US history!  None of these, and many other claims by Trump, are true.

If having some regard for facts is your idea of pussyfooting, then leaders should pussyfoot.

6 hours ago, heybruce said:

He speaks total BS with little regard for the truth.  He also repeats, or retweets, any information that he wants to believe without checking to see if it's true.  Obama wiretapped me!  Millions of illegal votes for Clinton!  Largest electoral college victory in history!  Biggest tax cut in US history!  None of these, and many other claims by Trump, are true.

If having some regard for facts is your idea of pussyfooting, then leaders should pussyfoot.

Don't forget the "Biggest Inauguration Crowd" in history BS line he tried to sell. 

4 hours ago, PattayaAngel said:

...Hopefully one day a real left will emerge from the quagmire of pc liberalism which you, and your 84,000 posts, so ardently support.

Nope.

I represent myself.

You can't help yourself, can you?

I've really had enough with your obnoxious persistence on discussing me and not the topic. Even to the moronic extreme of posting post totals as a personal dig. Dude, just stop it. I don't want in on your game. Bother someone else. 

43 minutes ago, PattayaAngel said:

Congrats on your 7,000 annual posts, someone, somewhere, admires you!  I'd love to meet you and hear all about your plan to save humanity

Desist from such personal garbage. What is your problem? There is a topic here. It is not me or your twisted obsession with heckling me. 

Archived