Thai woman, French boyfriend blame each other for Italian’s murder

webfact

Thai woman, French boyfriend blame each other for Italian’s murder

By Sayan Chucham, 
Thanisara Chaowalitroj 
The Nation 

a9ae53e49867ac10de73bd7ff2196bb0.jpeg

Rujira Eiumlamai, 38, right is seen after being apprehended at a longan plantation in Tak province yesterday, while her French boyfriend, Rigaux Amaury, 34, left was arrested at a forest area five kilometres away on Sunday night.

A THAI woman and her French boyfriend have turned on each other after their arrests, with each blaming the other for the murder of the woman’s Italian ex-husband.

Rujira Eiumlamai, 38, told police after her arrest yesterday that she was innocent of the murder, saying it had been perpetrated by her French boyfriend, Rigaux Amaury, 34, with whom she fled after the victim’s body was found on January 19. 

e25949dee94a84c8d74086c250952f41.jpeg

870cddb450471fe4531fd384535b1639.jpeg

Phichit’s Bung Narang superintendent Pol Colonel Chaisathien Maneejak said Rujira also admitted witnessing the killing, but claimed to have only assisted Amaury in burning her ex-husband’s body to conceal the crime. 

9c0bb3c554b140239445e3ba9ff066cd.jpeg

Rujira’s testimony contradicted that of Amaury, who police said had told officers during hours of questioning that he had not been involved in the murder. He allegedly said Rujira and her Thai ex-boyfriend had killed de Stefani and he had simply helped her escape.

Police quoted the woman as saying the motive for the killing stemmed from a love triangle. 

Rujira said her Italian ex-husband Giuseppe de Stefani, 61, had previously offer Amaury Bt100,000 to stop contacting her but Amaury had refused to comply. 

She claimed that she and the two men drove to a wooded area in Phichit to resolve the dispute but the situation escalated, resulting in Amaury killing de Stefani. Both Rujira and Amaury then tried to conceal the crime by dismembering and burning the body, which was later found in the same area.

21d7825450fa881c950f4361430ba411.jpeg

Chaisathien said police suspected a knife which had already been submitted for forensic tests had been used as the murder weapon.

The apparently exhausted Rujira was apprehended after she was found hiding in a longan tree at a plantation in Tambon Chiang Thong of Tak’s Wang Chao district yesterday morning. Amaury had already been captured on Sunday night in a wooded area five kilometres away from the plantation.

The arrest came after residents in Wang Chao told police they had spotted Rujira and Amaury living in the forest. 

Amaury reportedly had served as a sniper in the French army for five years and is skilled in wilderness survival.

The two suspects were later yesterday sent to Phichit police to face charges. 

0c635ffec15a396094ccba009fadde15.jpeg

The Phichit Court had issued arrest warrants for Rujira and Amaury for allegedly murdering and burning the body of de Stefani in Bung Narang district. 

The remains of the burned body were found in a wooded area near Bung Thab Chan pond in Tambon Laemran on January 19. 

After de Stefani’s tattoo was recognised on the leg of the corpse, police searched Rujira’s home on January 21, prompting her to flee with Amaury. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30337458

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-01-30

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually believe her version, how sick it might be.
Why would she lie about something that she admitt being a big part of. Doesn´t make sense.
She will get a lot of years for burning and dismembering.

On the other hand is totally wierd that the dead Stefani could be so stupid so he offer somebody 100K to stop seeing his ex-wife?
That man most definitely never seen how many choices that were in front of him. :cheesy:

BTW! Wouldn´t pay 5 baht for that one. Would ask for payment instead.

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

Who does that !!! 

"Chaps - our squabbling seems to be bothering the neighbours. How about we continue our conversation in a quiet secluded wooded area? Don't worry I'll drive, as your leg seems to have fallen off!"

39 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Why would she lie about something that she admitt being a big part of. Doesn´t make sense.

On the other hand is totally wierd that the dead Stefani could be so stupid so he offer somebody 100K to stop seeing his ex-wife?
That man most definitely never seen how many choices that were in front of him. :cheesy:

" I actually believe her version, how sick it might be.

Why would she lie about something that she admit being a big part of. Doesn´t make sense"

The frenchman claimed the same thing, helped dispose but didn t murder. Both can't be telling the truth

" On the other hand is totally wierd that the dead Stefani could be so stupid so he offer somebody 100K to stop seeing his ex-wife?

That man most definitely never seen how many choices that were in front of him. :cheesy:"

That is what the accused murderer said, it is not proven , but I'm glad you find "dead stefani" alleged actions so funny

"BTW! Wouldn´t pay 5 baht for that one. Would ask for payment instead."

I am sorry to read that you are short of cash and are attempting to enter the oldest profession.  Will you be standing with the Ugandans or are you a Coconut Bar kind of guy?

so the finger pointing starts...I just hope the Thai court... holds them both responsible..as well as the Thai husband if he's involved too and throws away the key on all of them!...Nothing less , no wai's and apologies...just throw the damn key away and let them all rot the rest of their lives

37 minutes ago, isaanbanhou said:

" I actually believe her version, how sick it might be.

Why would she lie about something that she admit being a big part of. Doesn´t make sense"

The frenchman claimed the same thing, helped dispose but didn t murder. Both can't be telling the truth

" On the other hand is totally wierd that the dead Stefani could be so stupid so he offer somebody 100K to stop seeing his ex-wife?

That man most definitely never seen how many choices that were in front of him. :cheesy:"

That is what the accused murderer said, it is not proven , but I'm glad you find "dead stefani" alleged actions so funny

"BTW! Wouldn´t pay 5 baht for that one. Would ask for payment instead."

I am sorry to read that you are short of cash and are attempting to enter the oldest profession.  Will you be standing with the Ugandans or are you a Coconut Bar kind of guy?

The frenchman claimed helped escape.

Where did I say dead Stefani actions were funny? I said wierd.

Never stated that I was out of cash, and would enter any kind of profession. I am glad that you are so well aware of it and how old it is, anyway.

See, wrong in all 3 instances. Maybe you should try reading comments better, before you really comment them. Just a friendly advice.

4 minutes ago, Get Real said:

The frenchman claimed helped escape.

Very did I say dead Stefani actions were funny? I said wierd.

Never stated that I was out of cash, and would enter any kind of profession. I am glad that you are so well aware of it and how old it is, anyway.

See, wrong in all 3 instances. Maybe you should try reading comments better, before you really comment them. Just a friendly advice.

4 minutes ago, Get Real said:

:cheesy:

I didn t realise that  was the weird emoticon,  rolling on the floor with weird?

You stated you wouldn t pay 5 baht. But would ask her for payment.

oldest profession is a euphemism for prostitution, what you were suggesting when you stated you would ask her for money.   I think you would do better at the Coconut Bar personally

4 minutes ago, Mickmouse1 said:

It sounds that all of them were involved and intently murdered the Italian (ex) Husband whom I thought was her husband as reported and the Thai is the Ex while Froggy is the new F*****?shoot all and save the trial cost?

Yea,I'm just getting my head around all these relationships,but I got to say this case has been the source of amusement for more than one morning and lets face it,there's nothing like a good laugh to start the day.Thank you TV :smile:

2 hours ago, catman20 said:

THAI woman and her French boyfriend have turned on each other after their arrests, with each blaming the other for the murder of the woman’s Italian ex-husband.

we never saw that coming :cheesy::cheesy:

Yeah this was definitely going to be a "hia said, hee said". 

3 hours ago, Get Real said:

Why would ANYONE lie by saying they didn't actually commit a murder, but were just there.. and 'this bloke did it, not me and my #3 (Thai ) guy', yeah??? <deleted>... get real, Sherlock!!! Personally I wouldn't believe ANYONE clearly involved in a murder, as getting out of the charge is all they've got left.. If the French chap is telling the truth, about it being her and her Thai guy, then he's clearly a <deleted> idiot anyway, as why the hell would you allow yourself to become part of something so bad as this when the original crime wasn't actually anything to do with your own actions??? Murder, followed quickly [on capture] by denials, lies and dodgy accusations.. what a surprise!!.. hope they all rot in jail!!!

2 hours ago, twizzian said:

As he was captured so quickly he couldn’t have been trained by the French army very well for his so called wilderness survival skills.

Someone say he'd been trained? Naaah!! More likely he'd be a You-tube Legionnaire than Bear Gryls French counterpart I'd reckon!!!

Archived