Future Park Station?

Negita43

When I travel from Korat to Bangkok (Mo Chit) by bus it stops at Future Park and I notice that it appears to have a station.

Two questions:

Is this a functioning station?

If so, where does it go and is it BTS, MRT, rail or something else?

Thanks

3 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

Will make it a lot easier to get to the airport (DMK) from central Bangkok.

I have unrealistic hopes plans will include an overhead walkway with moving beltways from the new transit station to DMK. I know; dream on.....

The current trek from either the DMK train or bus stop is an arduous route up & down stairways and over several walkways spanning the tracks and highway, then sidewalks and auto access ramps.  Not much fun with a heavy bag or two.

It is the Rangsit station for the SRT Dark Red commuter line which will run from the new Huge Intercity terminal at Bang Sue to Rangsit. (This line was originally scheduled to open in 2016 - delayed for various reasons).

You can read more about it here in this thread - see update at the bottom. There's some analysis of the Red lines some 20 pages back.

The line will eventually be some 89kms long and run from Thammasat Uni (10kms north of Rangsit station) all the way to Mahachai. The next phase is the 10km north ext to Thammasat which should be tendered this year (hopefully).

4 hours ago, dddave said:

I have unrealistic hopes plans will include an overhead walkway with moving beltways from the new transit station to DMK. I know; dream on.....

The current trek from either the DMK train or bus stop is an arduous route up & down stairways and over several walkways spanning the tracks and highway, then sidewalks and auto access ramps.  Not much fun with a heavy bag or two.

The trek from DM station is very easy. A ramp up to the Amari pedestrian link, walk to the terminal end and take a lift to departures. No problem at all. 

22 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

what sort of 'station' do you mean?  Train? BTS? MRT? Bus?

If you mean the overhead thing, that's not finished yet, maybe another year.  Will make it a lot easier to get to the airport (DMK) from central Bangkok.

No idea that's why I am asking - I can see a big sign actually in the area in front of future park (not on the opposite side of the road going into Bangkok) that says STATION and I wondered what this was.

53 minutes ago, Negita43 said:

No idea that's why I am asking - I can see a big sign actually in the area in front of future park (not on the opposite side of the road going into Bangkok) that says STATION and I wondered what this was.

This probably relates to something else then like a new pub or restaurant? 

The Rangsit station is around 1km west of Future. There is also no plan to build any line closer to Future - you can check the map on the bottom of page 44 on the thread I linked.

The only real plan for mass transit around there is 3 years ago the Province proposed to open a ferry service running to Klong 9 or 11 (can't remember which). That is still a plan but I've not seen any evidence of progression with building of new piers nor a tender for new ferries. 

Long term in around 20-30 years it would definitely make sense to have an elevated or grade light rail line running from Sena area/north of Rangsit Uni past Future along Rangsit-Nakhon Nayok rd to at least Thanyaburi with perhaps an eventual extension to Klong 11? It would act as a feeder for the Dark Red line.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2018 at 2:16 PM, Lakegeneve said:

The trek from DM station is very easy. A ramp up to the Amari pedestrian link, walk to the terminal end and take a lift to departures. No problem at all. 

DM Station? where does that go to/come from?

Archived