Wheelchair assistance from airplane thru Immigration

Ganador

I may be heading to Thailand soon for a medical checkup and possible surgery.
I can walk a litte bit, but maybe not all the way from the airplane to immigration... and then outside to a taxi.

Does anyone know what wheelchair assistance is available at the two Bangkok international airports?

Does my airline arrange this, for a wheelchair attendant to meet the plane?

Can the wheelchair guy take me thru passport control and outside to get a taxi?

And any idea what this wheelchair service would cost? Any helpful advice and comments appreciated.

Depending on who you are flying with, what class of travel and what airport, there will probably be varying degrees of assistance but a wheelchair from the plane to immigration should be guaranteed if the carrier is advised well in advance.

Besides the airline and airport, there are third-party, full-service, meet & greet services that will get you on a golf cart from gate to Immigration and wheelchair to kerb side. I think the costs are upwards of about 1200 baht to nearer 2000 depending on what you prefer.

I have used these guys. Very good.

Here's another that details similar pricing.

Yes, available and your airline can arrange it. You will be taken off the plane by wheelchair and then whreled thru immigration, baggage claim etc. Usually no charge for this service but better inform airline of the need when you make the flight booking (they will also provide it at point of departure) and then again remind the flight crew at least 1-2 hours before landing. Also unless it is self evident that the wheelchair is needed due to longstanding disability (as opposed to illness), you may be asked to show a "fitness to fly" doctors certificate. Even if you aren't asked for it on the flight here, have it for the flight home.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Being semi disabled myself, I hope the following helps.

Before I purchased an electric mobility scooter, I on a number of occasions required assistance on arrival at Swampy, and every time it was arranged by the airline, in my case Cathay Pacific.

upon checking in, I simply informed the check in staff that I needed wheel chair assistance at Bangkok. 

Upon landing, I was met at the aircraft door by a person with the required wheel chair, who then took me through the fast track immigration, helped my wife at the baggage carousel then through customs to my awaiting transportation. I believe this service is free, but I always tip the operator.

By the way, as I understand it, all airlines and no matter which class you fly, are required to offer this service. Something to do with IATA.

now I have my own scooter, I am able to ride it to the departure gate, where it's taken off me, then on arrival it's waiting for me at the jetway, then go through the usual procedures to exit the arrivals.

In the pasti have read incorrect posts on here that it's not possible to use your own scooter at Swampy, this is nonsense as I do it regularly.

good luck !

Archived