EXCLUSIVE: Mother of French man charged with murder of Italian in Thailand speaks of son's violent and influential Thai girlfriend

webfact

EXCLUSIVE: Mother of French man charged with murder of Italian in Thailand speaks of son's violent and influential Thai girlfriend

f1-horz.jpg

The mother of a French man charged with murder for the brutal killing of an Italian man in northern Thailand has revealed the influence his Thai girlfriend had over her son.

Amaury Rigaux’s mother contacted Thaivisa France to set the record straight on what she claims are a number of innacurries reported about her son.

She says this his Thai girlfriend, Rujira Iamlamai, 37, who along with Amaury has confessed to the murder of her husband Italian 61 year old Italian Giuseppe de Stefani, pressured Amaury into entering Thailand illegally and was a constant influence over him.

According to Amaury’s mother, Rujira convinced her son to break the law by sneaking into Thailand despite being blacklisted.

She says that during an argument last year, Rujira violently attacked her son slashing him across the face, leaving a scar from the top of his forehead to the bottom of his nose.

While her son never pressed charges, due to the severity of the injuries, hospital staff reported the matter to the police and an official report was filed.

She adds that when her son recently stayed at her house he was glued to his phone with Rujira constantly ringing him and sending messages asking his whereabouts and what he was doing.

Rujira would often tell Amaury how her Italian husband would beat and put cigarettes out on her, although there is no way of substantiating the claims.

She added that her son is penniless and was not a sniper in the army, as previously reported.

She said that her son was in the army when he was a teenager but dropped out after only 3 months.

She said that any survival skills he knows was probably learned during periods when he was homeless and not from his brief spell in the army.

Finally, Amaury’s mother said that if her son is guilty of the charges against him then he must pay for what he has done but called for the crimes to thoroughly and properly investigated by the authorities in Thailand.

On Tuesday, Amaury and Rujira were taken to three locations in Phichit province to re-enact their crimes.

Thai media reported that the French man had admitted murder while Rujira admitted to moving the corpse and damaging it.

The dismembered and burnt body of Giuseppe de Stefani was found in Phichit province on 19 January.

Police have charged Amaury and Rujira with murder.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-31

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless of what she has to say about him, he had every opportunity to walk away from the girl, if she was so evil.

6 minutes ago, webfact said:

She says that during an argument last year, Rujira violently attacked her son slashing him across the face, leaving a scar from the top of his forehead to the bottom of his nose.

Unbelievable !

12 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

Regardless of what she has to say about him, he had every opportunity to walk away from the girl, if she was so evil.

Unbelievable !

He entered Thailand illegally and was penniless, i would say that she had a complete handle on his opportunities, walking away wasn't one of them, and a face slash reminded him of that.

He may be stupid, but she shows all signs of being a psychopat. Psychopats have an amazing way of getting other people to do things against their own will. It would be wrong to judge him without knowing the full background, which none of us will.

58 minutes ago, webfact said:

pressured Amaury into entering Thailand illegally and was a constant influence over him.

How can even that be a possibility? A sane man would have been happy to be out of the country with a relationship like that.

I think I would have left,before she tried to cut my nose off.

I suspect she is the evil one,he just doing what he was told,

or she would cut his head off, love or fear makes you do strange

things,but both guilty of the killing,so lock them up and forget

about them.

regards worgeordie

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

I think I would have left,before she tried to cut my nose off.

I suspect she is the evil one,he just doing what he was told,

or she would cut his head off, love or fear makes you do strange

things,but both guilty of the killing,so lock them up and forget

about them.

regards worgeordie

this 

Just now, zakk9 said:

He may be stupid, but she shows all signs of being a psychopat. Psychopats have an amazing way of getting other people to do things against their own will. It would be wrong to judge him without knowing the full background, which none of us will.

Yes, it appears that he and his g/f were both stupid, and had no problem resorting to murder/dismemberment and burning of body in an attempt to get rid of the evidence...

I feel vaguely sorry for his mother, as she desperately tries to come to his defense.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Rujira would often tell Amaury how her Italian husband would beat and put cigarettes out on her, although there is no way of substantiating the claims.

Doesn't add up, she (though I'm not sure of this...) can slash a 34 year old man with a knife (I assume) and yet a 61 year old man would beat her.......... hmmmm

30 minutes ago, zakk9 said:

'Psychopat'. Good one!

New word for my Thailand dictionary. 'Unhinged resident of Pattaya?' :smile:

9 minutes ago, Mattd said:

Doesn't add up, she (though I'm not sure of this...) can slash a 34 year old man with a knife (I assume) and yet a 61 year old man would beat her.......... hmmmm

One of them east-Thailand witches probably, all charged up on that black kuman thong and forest monk malarkey.  Her hocus pocus wasn't strong enough for the Italian but seemed to work well enough on the French guy.

1 hour ago, Goanna said:

Mums idea that he is innocent because he was led is a bit hard to swallow.

She's not saying he's innocent.

"Finally, Amaury’s mother said that if her son is guilty of the charges against him then he must pay for what he has done"

16 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

She's not saying he's innocent.

"Finally, Amaury’s mother said that if her son is guilty of the charges against him then he must pay for what he has done"

Ok then, try this.

Finally, Amaury’s mother said that if her son is guilty of the charges against him then he must pay for what he has done but called for the crimes to thoroughly and properly investigated by the authorities in Thailand.

he has confessed. Done the re enactment, but "if" he is guilty. Pa...lease. Spare me the hair splitting. Case closed.

12 minutes ago, Goanna said:

Ok then, try this.

he has confessed. Done the re enactment, but "if" he is innocent. Pa...lease. Spare me the hair splitting. Case closed.

Tried it.

Don’t like it.

She's not saying he's innocent, she's saying she wants a fair trial.

So he is judged on his culpability.

That's not splitting hairs.

That's calling for a fair and impartial trial.

Case ongoing

Archived