No Battery's in Mail

kiniyow

During Christmas I mailed my Brother a Box of gifts from Thailand and had the Box returned stating a Scanner saw Battery's inside so the Box was not put on a Plane.....The Box had only Gifts/souvenirs and No battery of any type inside...

I ordered a New Cell Phone from E Bay sent from Hong Kong and arrived fine...3 Days latter the Phone broke stopped working all together..Seller said Return in the original Box so I did for a replacement or Refund....This Box was stopped at the Airport by security stating a Battery was inside and sent back to me again Losing Money..Not sure what to do...The Phone is sealed with a Non Removable Battery and if I attempt to mail it back to the dealer it will only be returned again....Any solution to this Post Office  problem? 

UPS FedEx etc will all have the same or similar policy, it's just that they will give you instructions on how to send lithium batteries (or items containing lithium batteries) if you tell them beforehand.

Generally you will need to print out and tape a warning label to the box and also include certain documents like an MSDS (material safety data sheet) which may or may not be available from your manufacturer's website.  If you can get the MSDS, the rest of the requirements are usually pretty straightforward.

This applies to lithium batteries only.  And it is the airline's policy that ultimately stops the package from getting on the plane.    

As for your package that did not contain batteries but got refused - my advice for the future would be to include a packing list that explains what every electronic piece and part is and maybe at the bottom write "no lithium batteries" (and be sure that's the case).   

It's become a bit of a chore to send lithium batteries or electronics containing lithium batteries in the last few years.

Edited by john_bkk919

Call Fed Ex and they will come over to your house to pick up what you want to mail with batteries. They will send you some forms via email which you print and fill out. The courier that shows up will make sure all the forms are filled out properly. That is how I had to send a faulty music player back to China. Tried EMS and they asked if it contained batteries. They said cannot send. Even if it was sent it would be returned as they scan all packages and the batteries would be spotted.

This is a Phone I bought from China and they told me to Not return it Fed X or any expensive way because there Customs will take it...EMS  Scans all the Boxes and returns them...You can Buy a Phone New in Box and receive it airmail but if broken you can't return it..