90-days-report problems again

rebo

I'm within the time window, I use Internet explorer, filled out the form properly as I did it several times ago, but after having the captcha verified (so far everything runs smooth) and send the form I get the message "For further information regarding the 90-day Notification Report Service please contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area".
Tried it uncountable times during all times of the last three days - no change.
Does anybody knows a trick ...?
Thanks

I recently had the same experience as you Rebo. I suspect there is no trick, just sometimes the system works and sometimes not.

Whenever someone posts about the online 90 day system, someone always replies to mail it in. I have used all three methods over the years: in person, mail and online. There is really no comparison---when the online system is working it is by far the best---faster and easier. Now, if only Immigration could find someone competent to keep the system working...

Posted yesterday that the online 90 day report took less than 24 hours to get approval.

Previous one stayed in pending for 7 days so I cancelled and mailed in, 21 baht total. When it has been working I have always been able to complete the application online,6 times in total, apart from that one instance.

Er indoors, it never gets past the "contact local office" so the mail in is always ready to go,again, register out,18 baht, return 3 baht stamp on envelope. Last week took just 6 days to turn around including a weekend.

No real answer apart from keep trying, have the mail in on standby. The other options, time consuming or money consuming, which would you prefer?

11 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Posted yesterday that the online 90 day report took less than 24 hours to get approval.

Previous one stayed in pending for 7 days so I cancelled and mailed in, 21 baht total. When it has been working I have always been able to complete the application online,6 times in total, apart from that one instance.

Er indoors, it never gets past the "contact local office" so the mail in is always ready to go,again, register out,18 baht, return 3 baht stamp on envelope. Last week took just 6 days to turn around including a weekend.

No real answer apart from keep trying, have the mail in on standby. The other options, time consuming or money consuming, which would you prefer?

Unfortunately I'm already out of the time window for mail application (but still within for applying online).
Since online applications worked fine for me at least 5 times in the past I simply didn't expect this disruption.
My fault, since I live long enough in the kingdom to should have known it better ;-) ...

Did mine on the 30 th Jan ,14 days prior to due date using Internet Explorer 11 rec approval yesterday with new 90 day due date ie April 30.

You can only complete online reporting within the 14 day window prior to due date.

I registered as a BKK resident

To say the Mail method always works is not entirely correct... They have been known to lose paperwork and no receipt is mailed back - requiring you to go to immigration to sort it out... Whomever is working the desk will give you a stern look like you are bothering them but eventually help you sort it out... 

My OCD has led me to having a agent do everything so I don’t have to pine on about when and if the confirmed receipt is returned... :coffee1:

6 hours ago, jonwilly said:

Assit Thai Visa, B1,000 for 4 procedure, does it for me the poorest frang in CM.

john

I'll bet I can find poorer farangs than you in CM. One of them said he was licking ants off the floor for protein. I'm not sure he was joking.

37 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

To say the Mail method always works is not entirely correct... They have been known to lose paperwork and no receipt is mailed back - requiring you to go to immigration to sort it out... Whomever is working the desk will give you a stern look like you are bothering them but eventually help you sort it out... 

My OCD has led me to having a agent do everything so I don’t have to pine on about when and if the confirmed receipt is returned... :coffee1:

Not so ... send EMS, you get a receipt. Insert said receipt in your passport. No return copy from Immigration ? No sweat - you have the receipt that you sent it. You made the report. End of ...

40 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I'll bet I can find poorer farangs than you in CM. One of them said he was licking ants off the floor for protein. I'm not sure he was joking.

No need to joke.

They don't have as powerful sting as I've encountered with other ants..

I really can't understand why people bother with the dysfunctional online 90 day report or even the snail mail option. Here in Udon Thani a visit to the immigration office rarely lasts more than 10 minutes and it's done and dusted there and then. I wouldn't deal with this pointless formality any other way. 

37 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

^^^ That may be fine and dandy in Bumble F*** Udon Thani... but here in Chiang Mai immigration is not a 20 minute job... :coffee1:

I need half an hour alone to drive to the Immigration.

5 hours ago, OmarZaid said:

I go in person To Phayao office --- turnaraound less then 30 minutes

Not the  same  province  but similar  or  better   turnaround  time. It  is  a  non  earner  so  the  junior  staff can  handle  it and  do  so sometimes  in  batch  lots  after  seeking  out   those  who   are  present  for  the   90  day  thing.

All  done  and  then  downtown   for  shopping  etc.

Having  witnessed the  hiccups but  never  attempted  the online  process I  go  in person.

To  mail  it  in  is  as  much   drama  as  to   travel.

In  a pessimistic  view the  only  way  to  avoid  penalty for  what  is a  non  cost  process  is  to  make a  personal  appearance. Other  methods  which  fail  only add   cost.

I  have as  much  objection  as anyone to  the  puerile  exercise  in  any   mode but  having  to accept  it...  I   combine  the  day  with    more  meaningful  purpose.

1 hour ago, Dumbastheycome said:

never  attempted  the online  process I  go  in person.

To  mail  it  in  is  as  much   drama  as  to   travel.

I assume you have someone managing your bank account/mattress hiding place.  

What about paying the electric bill?  Very complicated like buying food or mailing a letter. 

23 hours ago, rebo said:

Unfortunately I'm already out of the time window for mail application (but still within for applying online).
Since online applications worked fine for me at least 5 times in the past I simply didn't expect this disruption.
My fault, since I live long enough in the kingdom to should have known it better ;-) ...

rebo,I cannot give you an answer to you original post,so, Back when the 90 day on-line began, I did three before it dropped out, in between doing the next 90 day I had to do my one year retirement extension,when the officer saw my paperwork for the on-line reporting(I kept all of them) he said 'no good, you must pay a fine',I thought, what's up here, he played about with the computer for a bit and was doing all sorts, I'm waiting for the 'fine' so I can quietly deny it,he didn't say anything more, only asked for the normal payment, then when it came back the other day(90 day reporting) I did one and got the same as you, 'contact the office', I was about to do so a few days later, but, just took another quick look before going, there it was 'Accepted', so it's still a bit 'iffy' at this time.

18 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Not so ... send EMS, you get a receipt. Insert said receipt in your passport. No return copy from Immigration ? No sweat - you have the receipt that you sent it. You made the report. End of ...

Not quite.  I had to spend an hour going through a ledger at Immigration to find the record of my report when that happened to me.

22 hours ago, sfokevin said:

In 10 years of reporting by mail only once has the receipt not been posted back to me within 5 working days.

On that occasion,after 7 working days, with time up my sleeve, I went to the then office at the airport where a girl was alone processing a bundle of mail ins.

Showed her my pasport and photocopy of paperwork I had posted and she found it half way down the pile ,it was just a log jam.

She processed it on the spot which took all of 5 minutes.Quite a small price to pay one time out of at least 30 + mail ins.

Mail EMS or Registered in, 3 baht SAE return.

As I get older, I do not think I am getting much smarter. Therefore, the only conclusion I have come to is the World is getting dumber.

As said above, by me, by others, in over 15 years, never an issue. If you wish to look for - and preach - doom and gloom, be my guest. Drive one hour - have fun. Stand in line - go for it. Can't find the post office - hire an agent. You have been shown the easy way. Keep on tryin' the hard way.

21 hours ago, amexpat said:

I assume you have someone managing your bank account/mattress hiding place.  

What about paying the electric bill?  Very complicated like buying food or mailing a letter. 

My  Bank  manages  my  account thanks.

Counter  service  at  any one  of  the  prolific 7/11s  or  Tesco L takes   no longer  than internet  banking  and I  can  purchase  a  lil  something to eat as  well. 

Buying  food on a  card  incurs  a  percentage.

I  use  email  so  never  post  letters.

It's  nice  to  get  out  and  about.

Not  complicated  . lol

On 2/2/2018 at 5:48 PM, sfokevin said:

I started using the mailing in method 2 or 3 years ago. All fine for the first 3 goes on the fourth try it took over 2 weeks to receive back an updated receipt then the fifth time nothing. Had to go to the near airport branch of immigration when it was still open and the officer gave me a really hard time, made me hang about there for over 3 hours. That was it for me, I now use the little agency top floor at the Promenada.

As for the online 90 day method, it`s never worked for me, got bored and gave up.

Archived