Police arrest teacher for rape of 13 year old student as he tries to hang himself

webfact

Police arrest teacher for rape of 13 year old student as he tries to hang himself

2pm.jpg

Picture: Thai News Agency

Police in Samut Sakhon saved the life of a 52 year old teacher who raped a 13 year old at his school.

The man was on the point of hanging himself at his house when officers arrived to arrest him.

The teacher - in an administrative role - admitted rape.

His victim had told the Paveena Hongsakul Foundation and the police that she had been raped on three occasions the most recent being January 20th.

On Tuesday a concerned member of the public had posted on the Paveena Hongsakul page about the rapes. The mother had been scared to do anything for fear of retribution from the school.

But after the foundation contacted her she changed her mind.

It emerged that the 13 year old had come home from school this week and had a violent argument with her father causing the mother to threaten her child with trouble at school.

But her daughter countered in tears: "Don't you know what they have done to me at school?" and ran off to her bedroom.

Concerned about what this meant the mother pressed her daughter who refused to speak. But when friends and others got involved the girl revealed what had happened to her.

The first rape occurred on a day off when the teacher called her in and threatened her with punishment. She was only in P6 the last grade of primary school at the time.

He raped her then in an attempt to get her silence took a picture of her naked and promised to post it if she said anything. He told her that she would be expelled if anyone found out.

After this she tried to keep her distance from the teacher but he waited for her at the gate. Two further rapes occurred in a hotel in the Orm Noi district of the province of Samut Sakhon south-west of Bangkok.

Following the intervention of Paveena Hongsakul the victim and her mother reported the rapes to Krathum Baen police. They moved quickly to arrest the teacher who was at his home and in the process of committing suicide by hanging himself.

He has admitted rape and has been charged with rape of a minor under 15, taking her away from the custody of her parents and illegal detention.

Source: Thai News Agency

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-02-02

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

Suicide is the easy way out, let the bastard coward suffer!!

I would agree with that if it was a sure thing that  he would suffer (long prison term). Many things happen in the legal system here.

What if only finished up with a fine and suspended sentence (not by the neck unfortunately) ?

11 minutes ago, ThaidDown said:

I would agree with that if it was a sure thing that  he would suffer (long prison term). Many things happen in the legal system here.

What if only finished up with a fine and suspended sentence (not by the neck unfortunately) ?

pretty sure he'll go to jail for that. the foundation helping out the family are decent. they won't let it go unpunished

44 minutes ago, shady86 said:

This is why the education system here doesn't work because people entrusted to educate children are doing barbaric things instead.

you make it sound as if this phenomenon is unique to thailand, but by your argument there are very few systems in the world, educational or otherwise, which do work.

predators exist everywhere, thankfully this one was caught.

3 hours ago, shady86 said:

This is why the education system here doesn't work because people entrusted to educate children are doing barbaric things instead.

One incident does not make a whole case! 

But I agree that my eyes pop sometimes as I read these kinds of stories. There needs to be more accountability and system to prevent such a thing from happening. There should be 2 counselors (female/male) in one school,...

As much as I found this offensive and sad, I would like to think that this is an exception, not the rule. But, do correct me if I am wrong with stats (albeit inadequate for the fear that the article does talk about). 

As a male teacher, I can only recount 2 dicey occurrences:

1. I was once accused of something similar and was completely absolved of any wrongdoing by the principal after a thorough investigation. I was teaching at the time that would have occurred. My alibi was 25 years of trouble free teaching and several students vouching that I was teaching at the time the alleged offense took place.
  2. I once was approached by a girl Grade 6 student at recess in my classroom. She came in and put her elbow on my shoulder (I was sitting). I reported the incident to the principal. He told me to talk to the student to ask her to refrain from doing this. 3 months later, towards the end of the year, the parent got furious about a minor incident when she wanted to take the student out of the class early (5 min. early) without prior notice being given. A group performance exam was happening and the marks were needed for reporting. Cannot remember if I allowed the child to go, but she raised a stink when I asked a benign "So ..." turning it into a "So?"! 

Nevertheless, this situation seems completely different. It is a sad day for good teachers, parents, and students when this happens. One rotten apple does not make a bunch though.

3 hours ago, shady86 said:

The UK was the same when I was a kid. Not much has changed. The grooming gangs raping white children have been ignored by police andcsocial service's for years and their victims are estimated to be in the range  of 100s of Thousands.

So many self appointed police, judges, juries and executioners. From a news article, some mysterious power of judgement seems to have been bestowed upon a chosen few. The mob mentality at its worst.

And the western world has a perfect track record hasn’t it?. Olympic coach just recently springs to mind and how about mass rape of girls and boys by catholic priests in Ireland. Point is it happens everywhere but these nonces need to swing by the gonads.

Archived