Two Cambodia works killed, 13 injured in Sa Kaew road accident​​​​​​​

webfact

Two Cambodia works killed, 13 injured in Sa Kaew road accident

By The Nation

Two undocumented Cambodian migrants were killed and 13 others were injured when a pickup truck ferrying them to Pathum Thani overturned in Sa Kaew early Friday.

Aranyaprathet police inspector Pol Lt Col Chaiya Maneesut was notified about the accident at 5.30am.

He said the accident occurred on the Aranyaprathet bypass near Wat Pa Khao Suan Kwang in Tambon Ban Mai Nong Sai.

Chaiya said a Cambodian man and a Cambodian woman died at the scene, while eight men, four women and a girl were injured.

The pickup driver, known only as a woman, fled the scene.

The survivors told police they’d each paid a Thai woman Bt2,200 to drive them from the border in Sa Kaew’s Ta Phraya district to Pathum Thani.

They left the border at 4.30am. They said the pickup was speeding when the driver lost control and the vehicle tumbled to the roadside.

Aranyaprathet district chief Saowanit Suriyakul and Sa Kaew immigration police chief Pol Col Benjapol Rodsawat visited the injured at hospital to ensure they were being treated despite having no Thai documentation.

Police vowed to track down and arrest the Thai woman who arranged their transport.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30337777

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-02-02

Pickup truck crash in Sa Kaeo kills 2 Cambodian migrant workers, injures 14 others

By Thai PBS

cambodia1.jpg

Two illegal Cambodian migrant workers were killed and 14 others were injured when a pickup truck taking them to Pathum Thani skidded and overturned on the side of the bypass road in Aranyaprathet district of Sa Kaeo province early Friday morning (Feb 2).

Aranyaprathet police investigator Pol Lt Col Chaiya Maneesut said the fatal accident happened at about 5 am in front of Wat Suan Kwang on the bypass road.

He said the Toyota pickup truck was taking about 16 illegal migrant workers from Aranyaprathet to Talad Thai market in Pathum Thani to work.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pickup-truck-crash-sa-kaeo-kills-2-cambodian-migrant-workers-injures-14-others/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-02-02

So where is this law prohibiting passengers in the back of pick-ups?  It's all talk talk talk and never any action. Needs a high ranking government official's family to die in the back of a pick-up before anything happens.  Peoples lives are more important than expensive watches!

4 minutes ago, greatwhitenorth said:

sorry to read that you are broke.  landlady banging on your door? pm me I can hook you up with a guy that can help you out.

I have had enough of loan sharks thanks all the same, I have just paid the last one off I gave him the sick squid I owed

3 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

I have had enough of loan sharks thanks all the same, I have just paid the last one off I gave him the sick squid I owed

You wouldn' t need to borrow.   Pm me if you are interested.

I can t imagine living in a cold water, fan room the rest of my life

Archived