gluten free food

normanski

Rice does not contain gluten including glutinous rice which merely means glue-like.
Unfortunately loads of sauces used in Thai cooking do.
Only places you might find gluten free alternatives would be Topps , Villa etc. Not much of a market here in Thailand currently.

2 minutes ago, Caiman said:

Rice does not contain gluten including glutinous rice which merely means glue-like.
Unfortunately loads of sauces used in Thai cooking do.
Only places you might find gluten free alternatives would be Topps , Villa etc. Not much of a market here in Thailand currently.

Rice, in its pure form, is gluten-free. The problem you can run into with rice is the way it’s cooked, or rather what it’s cooked in. Many restaurants use chicken stock to cook their rice. Some chicken stocks contain gluten, so any rice cooked in such stocks is not gluten free... for example, if the OP was to eat Kow Man Gai.

I also am meant to follow a Gluten Free diet and a member of the UK Coeliac Org,.Check out this web site for general advice https://www.coeliac.org.uk/home/

https://www.coeliac.org.uk/document-library/3169-thailand/?return=/gluten-free-diet-and-lifestyle/holidays-and-travel/country-guides/

If you are in Chiang Mai check out the Blue Diamond Breakfast Club open Mon - Sat all day. They sale GF items and will adjust your order to suit.

In Bangkok check the large supermarket in Emporium Mall on Sukhumvit - BTS nearby.

I have yet to find a good supplier in Thailand however have not looked that hard in all honesty. I am surprised Thai super markets do not have a dedicated "Free From" aisle.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gluten Containing Foods – foods to avoid

• Biscuits
  • Beer
  • Bread
  • Cakes
  • Cereals (except a few from the good list below)
  • Chocolate bars
  • Cookies
  • Corned beef
  • Couscous
  • Crackers
  • Donuts
  • Gravies
  • Malt beverages
  • Malt vinegar
  • Monosodium glutamate
  • Muffins
  • Pasta
  • Pastries
  • Pies
  • Pretzels
  • Pizza
  • Sauces
  • Sausages
  • Salami
  • Sauces – many have wheat as a thickener
  • Soups – many have wheat as a thickener
  • Wheat flour

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Good you bring up this topic on gluten food.

I am on gluten free because I don't want to be poisoned on a very slow process. . Look, those big industries they just had to make their profit to stay in business. Genetically modified wheat and so on...They even bleach the flour to look white. They have to answer to shareholders not your doctors. Lastly they have good lawyers.(very important to big industries especially in US.)

If I list how much my health improved after going gluten free it would make this comment too long, so I skip it.

Too many people in Asia died of illness after consuming wheat flour for 20 odd years but you cannot prove it. The leather executive chairs the directors and shareholders are sitting on were paid for by these people . They are nice comfortable expensive chairs.. How good is the business? You guess.

When I see those kids in schools compounds eating bread buns with artificial cream I feel lost for words. Those flour, sugar plus the yeast(commercial yeast) of course not all will become ill some just have illness make worse by this foods. A certain percentage will do badly in the long run. The key word is slow poisoning of the brain and body.

"Take your kids off all wheat products before they put on weight" Just show your kids videos and ask them is it normal for kids to have legs that size? They will understand better. Contrast with photos of 1960s kids legs will proof you are right.

Archived