Facebook uproar over nude coffee shop waitress in Sattahip

Jonathan Fairfield

Though I like to see a beautiful woman, I personally agree with the protesters. Why do you have to promote a coffeeshop with a nearly naked woman? Everything has to be related to nudity, sexuality? The same is for cars or motorbikes where they are presented on shows with young miniskirt wearing women... the cars would be enough for me, going for the coffee would be enough too, if the coffee is good and reasonable priced!

To me a coffeeshop is a place to relax, drink a coffee, read a book or talk to friends... not to be aroused by young women... I have that privilege at home already!

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Antonymous said:

I find it demeaning.

Sure sex sells and I’m no prude, but there are plenty of places for it and this isn’t one of them.

Imagine if some hospital, in order to pull more customers from the competition, demanded that all the nurses wore a backless uniform and no bra…

Now fetch the tissues.

are you a marketing man?

18 minutes ago, Thaijack2014 said:

The same is for cars or motorbikes where they are presented on shows with young miniskirt wearing women... the cars would be enough for me, going for the coffee would be enough too, if the coffee is good and reasonable priced!

Yes, but enough about you.

This isn't a new thing, even in Thailand.

Awhile ago there was an "uproar" over the "C Cup Cafe" in Ratchaburi last November. Then there was the noodle shop (in Bangkok ?) that hired some "pretties" to pretend to make som tam and serve customers long enough to gain some publicity. I think there was another (coffee) shop in Chiang Mai that did something similar as well.

Happens in other places like Vietnam as well (as well as "bikini clad" stewardesses on at least one airline). 

" This Facebook post is no longer available. It may have been removed, or the privacy settings of the post may have changed"

no wonder - the photo already shows 2 local customers typical to Satthahip (with all that Thai navy, army, police activities around the place)

I saw the pictures and I also saw the video (still online of FB); the purist Thais now - all of a sudden - complain about “Now, foreigners perceive Thailand as brothels."

Sorry, Khon Thai, all those massage places, turkish baths, karaoke and other names you call those "houses of ill repute" are very often marked in Thai language only and apparently not all are accessible by alien. 

So keep your shirt on; these photos and clip were kinky but nothing to do with nudity nor trying to make those thousands of baristas losing face. 

And to the coffee shop owner - congratulations; you've understood that there is no such thing as bad advertisement and you better start roasting more beans soonest possible ;-) 

2 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

I saw the pictures and I also saw the video (still online of FB); the purist Thais now - all of a sudden - complain about “Now, foreigners perceive Thailand as brothels."

Sorry, Khon Thai, all those massage places, turkish baths, karaoke and other names you call those "houses of ill repute" are very often marked in Thai language only and apparently not all are accessible by alien. 

So keep your shirt on; these photos and clip were kinky but nothing to do with nudity nor trying to make those thousands of baristas losing face. 

And to the coffee shop owner - congratulations; you've understood that there is no such thing as bad advertisement and you better start roasting more beans soonest possible ;-) 

and keep your skirt on as well.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

2 minutes ago, thurien said:

" This Facebook post is no longer available. It may have been removed, or the privacy settings of the post may have changed"

no wonder - the photo already shows 2 local customers typical to Satthahip (with all that Thai navy, army, police activities around the place)

The two FB pages are still loading where I am, the one with the video clip and the one with all the pictures.

Then again like me, my IP address isn't in Thailand at the moment.

22 hours ago, z42 said:

I personally don't see the problem here, only jealous women berating a likely more attractive woman.

And as for commenting on what foreigners might think, i am pretty sure that most of the mongers who visit Thailand won't be frequenting coffee shops even on the most savage hangover days

Apart from this coffee shop...

thaivisa totally dropped the ball here. if you go to bangkokjack website . he shows the womans pectoral area . and  the men in the pics thier faces are blurred out intstead of the womans breast area. i just joined Bangkokjack. that woman is quite attractive. business will be good. and all she has to do is pay for protection from wifes in the area

Wonder what the feminist take on this might be.

Is the girl in the story (a) just another objectified, exploited victim of a patriarchal society or (b) an icon of female emancipation unabashedly expressing her womanhood.

Over to you, ladies.

Indeed. The wife showed me this a couple of days ago on her Facebook news feed.

She thought i'd be interested and she, as usual. was right.

She thinks it's hilarious, more power to the shop and the waitress.
But then she's no prude, has an open mind, and once she's had a few drinks with her girlfriends, can be in the Top 10 of Thailand's Dirtiest Dancers...

6 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Indeed. The wife showed me this a couple of days ago on her Facebook news feed.

She thought i'd be interested and she, as usual. was right.

She thinks it's hilarious, more power to the shop and the waitress.
But then she's no prude, has an open mind, and once she's had a few drinks with her girlfriends, can be in the Top 10 of Thailand's Dirtiest Dancers...

The Fb page of the model..

https://www.facebook.com/minggomut.kongsawas

Archived