Facebook uproar over nude coffee shop waitress in Sattahip

Jonathan Fairfield

A few years ago I was traveling on a songthaew with my wife in Chiang Mai. Sitting opposite us were two Thai men having a conversation. My wife was listening to them intently.

After the journey my wife told me that one of the men was talking and explaining about a cafe in Chiang Mai where all the waitresses are naked to the other guy. I asked my wife where it is and she relied the men did not mention it`s location. Doubt that, more likely my wife did not want me to know where the cafe was.

So for a long time I`ve known that these cafes or coffee shops exist and are nothing new in Thailand. But it`s the same old story, these places prefer to be discrete, not Farlang friendly because they don`t want to draw attention to themselves and only the local Thais know about them and it`s Farlang Mi Di (cannot). There are many such girly establishments in Thailand but us Farlangs rarely get to hear about them.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are these righteous posters worried about foreigners? All I see in this photo is two thai blokes grinning from ear to ear. Besides, do you think foreigners will think all Thai police are extortionists because one of them takes money, or all Thai politicians are corrupt because one takes a bribe? Ooops, bad argument.

Guest Jerry787

I really dont understand, human born naked, nudity is not a shame, a beauty or a ugly thing,  its just a human body.

nudity shall be seen as normal fact of life and bigots shall see proper psychoanalyst to open their view.

indeed prostitution is all aorund the world and as long a person who trade her or his body for sex as long she/he is not forced into it and does it freely , shall not even commented or negatively seen !, do we look bad a person who work in bank or in a office or as driver ? 

bigotry is the worst human treat ! 

Facebook uproar over nude coffee shop waitress in Sattahip

dear thai visa team OP; as can be plainly seen from the photo, she is not nude. scantily dressed perhaps. the headline is factually incorrect.

how about the sub ed doing his/her job and getting some quality control on postings?

thai visa .com never got so much business as today. now if the gal didnt have nice pecs this story would be history.  but she is hot!.  if u go to another site and see the upper body.  now if you you tube this story another shop in BKK started this called cup c café ( i wonder if the gals wear a c cup bra?)  anyways . thais are into business. and if the customers wifes dont create an uproar then let the guys have thier coffee. but isnt thier a lot of jealous rage in thai culture. where the woman has cut off the mens genitals?  lets wait and see

3 hours ago, Antonymous said:

I find it demeaning.

Sure sex sells and I’m no prude, but there are plenty of places for it and this isn’t one of them.

Imagine if some hospital, in order to pull more customers from the competition, demanded that all the nurses wore a backless uniform and no bra…

Now fetch the tissues.

Well, I think that would be a very helpful distraction when getting a painful shot. 

5 minutes ago, yogavnture said:

does her uniform change from day to day. this would affect sales quota. 

Yes, her uniform changes every day, her barista saffron reduces its size by 25mm every day

3 hours ago, Antonymous said:

I find it demeaning.

Sure sex sells and I’m no prude, but there are plenty of places for it and this isn’t one of them.

Imagine if some hospital, in order to pull more customers from the competition, demanded that all the nurses wore a backless uniform and no bra…

Now fetch the tissues.

Sexy nurses! Sounds good to me.

On 2/3/2018 at 2:10 PM, z42 said:

I personally don't see the problem here, only jealous women berating a likely more attractive woman.

And as for commenting on what foreigners might think, i am pretty sure that most of the mongers who visit Thailand won't be frequenting coffee shops even on the most savage hangover days

..she probably spilt coffee on her uniform and was waiting for it to dry.

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sexy nurses! Sounds good to me.

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They are gradually leaching all the colour and vitality out of the place and,sooner or later, it will be as boring as an Australian commuter suburb-of which I say "If this is hell,I would not wish my worst enemy to be sent here."

21 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

Just the puritanical killjoy squad getting all hung up about stuff. They complain about this woman serving coffee like this but Soi Cowboy, Nana and plenty of Pattaya are perfectly  fine....hypocrites. Many people need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Totally agree with you about the hypocrisy. 

But can you imagine what would happen if you tried this in the UK, Aussie, the US, etc!! 

Just now, Lacessit said:

I suppose a storm in a coffee cup makes a change from a storm in a teacup.:sleepy:

Look more like "e cups" to me !

Got to think that they could have maybe picked a better location to set up such a shop (though it seems there has been a coffee shop in that location for quite a few years now).

7 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Totally agree with you about the hypocrisy. 

But can you imagine what would happen if you tried this in the UK, Aussie, the US, etc!! 

I  do not know how the countries you mention would handle it . But in Canada I used to get my hair cut by a well endowed   nude from waist up female and there was never any problems.  She advertised in local beswpaper no problem

3 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

TV showing its usual attitude to women’s rights and respect. No wonder Harvey Weinstein and his ilk got away with it so long.

Oh, really?

FACT: The girl concerned was neither nude or naked, scantily dressed, yes. No big deal.

21 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

Just the puritanical killjoy squad getting all hung up about stuff. They complain about this woman serving coffee like this but Soi Cowboy, Nana and plenty of Pattaya are perfectly  fine....hypocrites. Many people need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Did those that commented negatively on the coffee shop girl say that Cowboy, Nana and Pattaya were perfectly fine?  Don't thing that they did, so they cannot be called hypocrites. 

5 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

I realise I must still be a lot more old school that I thought if I'm the only one to dislike this kind of situation. :sad:

If I want to drink a coffee I do not want to have it served by a girl half naked, I would find it kind of inappropriate.

:sorry:

Is it your local coffee shop that you frequent, if not what's your problem?  You won't be finding anything inappropriate because you won't be there.

Archived