Facebook uproar over nude coffee shop waitress in Sattahip

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

“This kind of promotion prompted female baristas like me to be viewed negatively,” posted another Facebook user. “Now, foreigners perceive Thailand as brothels. Please have understanding for working people in the profession [when] you use this kind of bad promotion. Please understand how they will be perceived."

Thailand is not the hub of education, more the hub of Go- Go bars and open air bars. Foreigners only think about sex and prostitution when they hear the word Thai massage. How come? :shock1:

"Foreigners only think about sex and prostitution when they hear the word Thai massage. How come?"

How come you said that when it is patently not true?  You're not  a (western) woman by any chance, are you?

2 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

A few years ago I was traveling on a songthaew with my wife in Chiang Mai. Sitting opposite us were two Thai men having a conversation. My wife was listening to them intently.

After the journey my wife told me that one of the men was talking and explaining about a cafe in Chiang Mai where all the waitresses are naked to the other guy. I asked my wife where it is and she relied the men did not mention it`s location. Doubt that, more likely my wife did not want me to know where the cafe was.

So for a long time I`ve known that these cafes or coffee shops exist and are nothing new in Thailand. But it`s the same old story, these places prefer to be discrete, not Farlang friendly because they don`t want to draw attention to themselves and only the local Thais know about them and it`s Farlang Mi Di (cannot). There are many such girly establishments in Thailand but us Farlangs rarely get to hear about them.

Ask some Thai friends to take you out and you'll be surprised......:shock1:

4 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Ask some Thai friends to take you out and you'll be surprised......:shock1:

These places are typically very expensive, and also almost 100% Thai-centric.

The girls are sort of caught between a rock and a hard place, as they don't want the regular customers seeing them hanging out or leaving with farang, appearing to be 'broken' afterwards.

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

"Foreigners only think about sex and prostitution when they hear the word Thai massage. How come?"

How come you said that when it is patently not true?  You're not  a (western) woman by any chance, are you?

I'm not a woman by any means.....I've chosen the username as a remainder of a good friend who passed away in 2017, her name was Jenny. 

Unfortunately, ( for some people fortunately) does Thailand, especially the massage parlous, have a sort of reputation where a lot of customers only go to a massage, if there's a happy ending included. But that's in no way new, Thailand's brothels in the past were all called massage parlors. 

4 minutes ago, MeHere said:

These places are typically very expensive, and also almost 100% Thai-centric.

The girls are sort of caught between a rock and a hard place, as they don't want the regular customers seeing them hanging out or leaving with farang, appearing to be 'broken' afterwards.

Some Thai friends showed me the "real Bangkok" where you didn't see foreigners, There seem to be hundreds of places where Thai men are having fun, which might also explain that you don't see a lot of Thai men in Soi Cowboy, or Nana, etc....

4 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

“This kind of promotion prompted female baristas like me to be viewed negatively,” posted another Facebook user. “Now, foreigners perceive Thailand as brothels. Please have understanding for working people in the profession [when] you use this kind of bad promotion. Please understand how they will be perceived."

Thailand is not the hub of education, more the hub of Go- Go bars and open air bars. Foreigners only think about sex and prostitution when they hear the word Thai massage. How come? :shock1:

I'm sorry Jenny2017 your statement about Thai massage is incorrect and I take offense at it because My wife is not a prostitute and she does not work in a brothel, she works in a Thai massage shop and the majority of the customers that go there are farangs that are married to Thai women and they go there for a massage, so please get your facts right and stop insulting the true massage shops and their workers

8 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Unfortunately, ( for some people fortunately) does Thailand, especially the massage parlous, have a sort of reputation where a lot of customers only go to a massage, if there's a happy ending included. 

So you should have said that "a lot of foreigners perceive Thailand as brothels".

On 03/02/2018 at 2:30 PM, Eddie Charles said:

Just a bunch of hypocrites complaining. I'm not sure about Thai nudity laws.... But I don't think she has violated the law because she isn't nude. Scantily covered but definitely not nude.

But thailand is the sex capital of the world

So, Arisara says that if you go to a coffeeshop you should only go for a coffee. But at the same time suggests that if you want anything else you should go to a massage parlour. I would think that the only thing one would expect there is a therapeutical massage. Coffee is coffee, massage is massage and sex is sex.

Yes, everything in Thailand is as clearcut as you suggest. Sorry, must go, my unicorn needs feeding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just watched the video accompanying this report. As a red-blooded farang man I am sickened, disgusted and (being Australian) deeply offended by the sight of a beautiful young Thai lady exposing (almost) her gorgeous, lithe body in such a manner. How dare she exploit men like this?  What the heck do women think we men are, objects to be exploited so they can sell us their cafe yen whenever they feel like it?  Think I'll take a research trip down the road to Sattahip; try to get to the bottom of this!  :shock1:

3 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

6 pages and not a useful comment such as how much the coffee is.

Yes indeed theguy................like the one last week with the lady in the road after a bike accident , all on here were droning on about minibuses are death traps , no mention of the lady sitting on her butt in the load.

The coffee ...................... I get mine  ( coffee ) at least once a week from Miss Maechan, she does a lovely Capp. for 40B and serves it up in her PJs.  No really , I will see if I can send a pic. Not likely for some reason but here goes. No ' Problem up loading file '

21 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

So you should have said that "a lot of foreigners perceive Thailand as brothels".

I should have said? Don't you think that it's my own personal decision what I'm writing?

Thailand is well known for sex in all set ups from brothels to massage parlous, but I din't say that a lot of foreigners perceive Thailand as brothels. Nor do I. 

8 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

even though im betting, if the price was right.. yada yada yada)

why must some people demean woman ,every chance they get.

Bit of a contradiction my friend,  if the price was right...yada,yada and then the next line why must people demean woman.

You respect women but if the price is right they would be your hooker?  

Is it demeaning to buy something someone is selling even if it's their body?? 

Just now, Voodoochile said:

Is it demeaning to buy something someone is selling even if it's their body?? 

Oh dear, not this old chestnut!  But you're right I think. If she sells you a guitar, it's all OK.  But if, fully informed and consenting she decides she'll go 'pay for a lay' and sell you her body (terms and conditions apply) that's somehow different.  A kind of 'victimless crime', or is it?

19 minutes ago, Essaybloke said:

I just watched the video accompanying this report. As a red-blooded farang man I am sickened, disgusted and (being Australian) deeply offended by the sight of a beautiful young Thai lady exposing (almost) her gorgeous, lithe body in such a manner. How dare she exploit men like this?  What the heck do women think we men are, objects to be exploited so they can sell us their cafe yen whenever they feel like it?  Think I'll take a research trip down the road to Sattahip; try to get to the bottom of this!  :shock1:

Her boyfriend is one of Thailand's best Muay Thai boxer.......:post-4641-1156694083:

21 minutes ago, Essaybloke said:

Yea, I feel violated to.

#menagainstnudity

:laugh:

7 minutes ago, Essaybloke said:

Oh dear, not this old chestnut!  But you're right I think. If she sells you a guitar, it's all OK.  But if, fully informed and consenting she decides she'll go 'pay for a lay' and sell you her body (terms and conditions apply) that's somehow different.  A kind of 'victimless crime', or is it?

Depends on whether you get more than you paid for or not.... :biggrin:

My dictionary describes a brothel as 'A building where prostitutes are available'. Were they, as some protesters claimed by likening the coffee shop to a brothel? No.

Was the coffee shop also a place where massage was available, as some protesters have written? No.

Has any harm been done, except by those protesting so that the woman who is working in that mode of undress voluntarily will lose her source of income? No.

Archived