Where to buy a simple metal frame for bed box springs?

TallGuyJohninBKK

Went with this instead, 4500b for a very sturdy king size metal bed frame, delivered and assembled. Available in black, brown or white colors, and sizes twin, queen or king.

A bedding/furniture shop on Srinakarin Road, across from the Foodland there. They also sell on Lazada, but I wanted to go out and check out the frame in person, so we bought from them directly. Staff pretty much only speak Thai, so brought the wife along. They delivered and assembled/installed it the next day. The frame is sturdy, and will take a good pounding even from a farang sized body... :smile:

It came in four pieces -- headboard, footboard, and then two twin-size platform pieces. All the platform support elements are pre-welded into the two platform support pieces. So assembly was pretty quick and easy.

http://www.platongfurniture.com/Default.aspx?pageid=152

PS - I wanted a metal frame, because I've got pretty severe dust mite allergy, and the locally purchased 7-year-old upholstered headboard and platform set I had before was making me sick.

2018-02-12 03_36_01.jpg

BTW, I should mention, with the relatively low heights of the headboard and footboard on this frame, it's probably meant just to use with a mattress only -- not a mattress on top of a traditional box springs.

But in terms of weight and load, the frame certainly would support both, if that's what someone had/wanted to do.

I have a probably 12 in thick mattress. And on my/this frame, the footboard section is only maybe 4 inches tall from the platform base, so just enough to keep the mattress is place. While the headboard section probably rises about 8 inches above the top of my mattress, so 20 inches from the platform base.

The photos on the website make it kind of difficult to tell the relative heights of the headboard and footboard sections.

Ahh, I guess it's good we bought in person.. Just checking back with the same seller's site on Lazada, the exact frame we bought is higher priced by 1,000+ baht...

Also, the other reason I wanted to go in person was, they also were offering a cheaper model frame with a more decorative headboard frame, but it clearly was a thinner metal construction, and I wasn't sure it would be appropriate for what I need. And after looking at both in store, I concurred that while OK for a Thai body/bodies, the thinner one wasn't going to be OK for me and my bigger/heavier body.

So farang bodies, the more expensive version is likely to be the better choice.

5a80b4d297d67_2018-02-1204_19_11.jpg.fd0a61242b0799d42423c90acc6abb2e.jpg

Archived