Boat crew arrested after slashing Ukrainian tourist

webfact

Boat crew arrested after slashing tourist

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

IMG_4177.jpg

Phuket Tourist Police and Thalang Police arrested a boat crew, 24 year old Thanakorn Sechana from Sakon Nakhon province, after he slashed a Ukrainian passenger with a knife yesterday (February 3).

The passenger, 24 year old Vitalii Kuzmichov, was traveling back from Phi Phi Island with a Best Travel Club tour boat and got slashed near his left elbow by the boat staff after having an argument over the departure time from the island, according to Thanakorn. However, the tourist explained to the police that he has never known Thanakorn before and he has no idea why he was attacked.

The Ukrainian man was sent to Thalang Hospital and transferred to Vachira Hospital while the boat staff has been charged for assaulting him.

Full story: https://www.phuketgazette.net/news/boat-crew-arrested-slashing-tourist

pgazette_logo-20170817.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2018-02-05
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the surface you'd side with the Ukranian, a poor innocent tourist who complained about late departure and chastised the boatman, the boatman should learn to manage criticism and to practise effective customer complaint management you'll perhaps say! My money, however, is on the boatman not being at fault, cultural gap, behaviours and attitudes, when in Rome and all that. I just don't think a tourist should come to Thailand and bark at the people as though he was in downtown Moscow or New York Time Square, this aint Kansas or Kiev.

19 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

Time for the TAT to counter the news with an article of a good Samaritan helping a foreign granny to cross Sukhumvit.

Or a taxi driver returning a foreigner's  bag with at least 100,000 Baht inside that was carelessly left on the seat. 

Stabbing one of your own tourist passengers because you probably were indeed too late??? Thailand only krab! :sick:

And this after a month full of very serious accidents with touristboats...unbelievable...

4 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

On the surface you'd side with the Ukranian, a poor innocent tourist who complained about late departure and chastised the boatman, the boatman should learn to manage criticism and to practise effective customer complaint management you'll perhaps say! My money, however, is on the boatman not being at fault, cultural gap, behaviours and attitudes, when in Rome and all that. I just don't think a tourist should come to Thailand and bark at the people as though he was in downtown Moscow or New York Time Square, this aint Kansas or Kiev.

You may be right, but it still doesn't justify the use of a knife, if the report is true.

1 minute ago, newatthis said:

You may be right, but it still doesn't justify the use of a knife, if the report is true.

Not in my world it doesn't but I recognise that in their world it does.

The number one spot on road kill is unchallenged but how are we doing on general violence and murder against tourists must be near the top and where are the challengers?   

11 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

The number one spot on road kill is unchallenged but how are we doing on general violence and murder against tourists must be near the top and where are the challengers?   

Rubbish, violence against tourists in Thailand is quite unusual.

2 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

When a tourist is left with a hospital bill for more than the 'fine' you know Thailand has a big problem with taking responsibility for ANYTHING.

Are you sure this is not a case of a tourist not taking responsibility for their own (mis)behaviour?

Archived