Jump to content

Boat crew arrested after slashing Ukrainian tourist


webfact

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Tofer said:

What a load of crap!!

 

Show me a passport application that indicates such?

 

Common sense should prevail of course, but Thailand promotes itself in the international market place and should therefore provide adequate security to foreign visitors. However, we experienced travellers know different... And maybe the travelers / tourists should consult the foreign office for advice, although I doubt they will be warned against travelling here on the grounds that Thai's can be totally irrational, immature and excessively aggressive.

 

I never forget being told that farang are uncivilised because we are confrontational, ha ha......

Which part of the word "presumed" do you not understand!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, sandrabbit said:

when in a hole, stop digging ......

So, Thai man 100% responsible for it all, farang 0% guilty of doing anything wrong?

 

Good to see there's no anti-Thai bias in you then!

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jim walker said:

Tourists should know that this is normal behaviour of thai people in most complaints departments and if they don’t like it go to Vietnam 

It’s in the pamphlet?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

On the surface you'd side with the Ukranian, a poor innocent tourist who complained about late departure and chastised the boatman, the boatman should learn to manage criticism and to practise effective customer complaint management you'll perhaps say! My money, however, is on the boatman not being at fault, cultural gap, behaviours and attitudes, when in Rome and all that. I just don't think a tourist should come to Thailand and bark at the people as though he was in downtown Moscow or New York Time Square, this aint Kansas or Kiev.

 

Is Thailand out of control? yes.

Is this mentality wide spread? yes

Does this mentality come out in the driving habits? yes

Do Thais often murder each other over loss of face, girlfriends and stealing family property over gambling debts? yes

Do Falangs get murdered often over money and girlfriends because of this stupid mind set that they are bullet proof? yes.

 

Feel free to add more. Just another day in the LOS<

Watch your back girls and boys.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya know, the author is expected to be literate in the language they write in. 

In this case stating "The Crew" indicates the entire crew, not the individual crew member. I stopped reading the article in the first paragraph. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

Which part of the word "presumed" do you not understand!

OK, as you seem more interested in arguing semantics than justifying your position on the subject, kindly elaborate where your presumption came from??

 

Please also feel free to explain your opinion in respect of my post 143.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2018 at 11:23 AM, Baerboxer said:

 

I can read perfectly what is written. Nonsensical prose, poorly written may not have clear meaning though. Still don't understand your response in the context of my post to which you replied.

 

Btw, it is accepted that it is the responsibility of the communicator to communicate clearly. 

talk sense until you do i dont respond 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

 

Is Thailand out of control? yes.

Is this mentality wide spread? yes

Does this mentality come out in the driving habits? yes

Do Thais often murder each other over loss of face, girlfriends and stealing family property over gambling debts? yes

Do Falangs get murdered often over money and girlfriends because of this stupid mind set that they are bullet proof? yes.

 

Feel free to add more. Just another day in the LOS<

Watch your back girls and boys.

 

Do these kind of things only happen in Thailand and nowhere else in the World?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2018 at 11:24 AM, Baerboxer said:

 

Well, try and respond to the correct post then. Perhaps then we can understand you.

i was responding to mnth when he said thailand is not a nice place to visit if you read it and have minimal intelligence apologies are accepted  for being slow to realise this ,you will understand that it could not have possibly a reply to your post  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2018 at 7:57 AM, simoh1490 said:

On the surface you'd side with the Ukranian, a poor innocent tourist who complained about late departure and chastised the boatman, the boatman should learn to manage criticism and to practise effective customer complaint management you'll perhaps say! My money, however, is on the boatman not being at fault, cultural gap, behaviours and attitudes, when in Rome and all that. I just don't think a tourist should come to Thailand and bark at the people as though he was in downtown Moscow or New York Time Square, this aint Kansas or Kiev.

On the surface dude the thai guy cut the ukrain guy. So what are you saying then. That the ukrain guy cut himself and blamed the thai guy.

No thats not how the article reads.

The thai guy took offence to a tourist calling out the thai guy. So the thai guy slashed him. Its perfectly normal here. We will read about it again tomorrow.

500 bht fine .But no more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, the guest said:

No tourists must learn the culture and customs of Thailand. It's very rude to confront Thai people directly .

 Its best not to confront any unstable person, so yes that would cover quite a lot of citizens in Thailand apparently

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...