Boat crew arrested after slashing Ukrainian tourist

webfact

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, robblok said:

In what way.. i am always open to learn more. 

With the said members posts

What he said he meant, he went OTT as a insurance some would just pass over it as you have done, by saying sarcasm

1 hour ago, simoh1490 said:

On the surface you'd side with the Ukranian, a poor innocent tourist who complained about late departure and chastised the boatman, the boatman should learn to manage criticism and to practise effective customer complaint management you'll perhaps say! My money, however, is on the boatman not being at fault, cultural gap, behaviours and attitudes, when in Rome and all that. I just don't think a tourist should come to Thailand and bark at the people as though he was in downtown Moscow or New York Time Square, this aint Kansas or Kiev.

Yes the Ukranian was possibly foolish to pick an argument but the boatman should still get a few years inside. If a Thai pisses me off is it ok to beat him to a pulp and then use ' When in Rome ' as a defence ?

Just now, oldlakey said:

With the said members posts

What he said he meant, he went OTT as a insurance some would just pass over it as you have done, by saying sarcasm

Ok, i am far from perfect, i have seen this member post a lot and most of it I certainly like. So this was a bit out of character. But I could be of course be totally wrong as you point out. 

Seems that there are more members who seem to think the tourist was at fault, personally i feel nothing VERBAL would ever justify real violence and a knife attack. 

1 minute ago, joecoolfrog said:

Yes the Ukranian was possibly foolish to pick an argument but the boatman should still get a few years inside. If a Thai pisses me off is it ok to beat him to a pulp and then use ' When in Rome ' as a defence ?

Only if you're Thai or Asian from a similar culture and economic backdrop, as a Westerner it's presumed we are capable of understanding, processing and reacting differently to the scenario that's being presented to us although that's not always a valid assumption!

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Ok, i am far from perfect, i have seen this member post a lot and most of it I certainly like. So this was a bit out of character. But I could be of course be totally wrong as you point out. 

Seems that there are more members who seem to think the tourist was at fault, personally i feel nothing VERBAL would ever justify real violence and a knife attack. 

Difference of opinion on one particular poster thats all no problem

This thread is just opinions nothing else we all have our own

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

I kinda suspect it was a knife defence rather than a knife attack, but who here knows for sure.

1 hour ago, newatthis said:

You may be right, but it still doesn't justify the use of a knife, if the report is true.

49 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

So, you're legitimizing attacking someone with a knife ? 

ALWAYS a sucker punch or weaponry, and pack fighting.

disgusting!!

We don't have the facts to know really who is at fault for creating this situation. We don't know who started the fight or for what reason. All we know is that there was a fight.

I'm always amazed at the schoolyard mentality I see here. In a fight, there are no rules. None.

Note to self and tourist, Never, Ever piss someone off especially 1) when you cannot speak their language fluently  2) that person is in a position over your life, i.e. boat crew 3)  You are on vacation/holiday; relax. As far as the agency that owns or manages the crew, shame on you for not educating your crew to the fact that you do not try to kill or cut people when you have an argument. But of course this is the Land of Smiles so let's just keep smiling.

Archived