New crackdown sees darts BANNED in Pattaya

webfact

Whatever happened to that body builder Chap who yelled outside police station give me back my gold.  If he joins city hall protest you all won't get touched possibly and will get to play Darts without to much hassle.

But I don't play Darts. I bake.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, can't be bothered to read through 23 pages of outrage about this. Apologies to those who feel slighted. I'm sure I agree with most of you.

My question is: is there any follow-up news on this? Has it been walked back at all or are the authorities still standing by their dart ban?

.  Play Darts if you want to. Someone annoyed someone. That's all.  Your dart playing freedoms,  I'm sure still exist. Same thing happened at my condo.  Guy got done for something. He insulted a thai person so they had to make something up. Fair enough. Play Darts politely and you will be OK.

• 9 months later...
On 2/17/2018 at 12:46 PM, stud858 said:

.  Play Darts if you want to. Someone annoyed someone. That's all.  Your dart playing freedoms,  I'm sure still exist. Same thing happened at my condo.  Guy got done for something. He insulted a thai person so they had to make something up. Fair enough. Play Darts politely and you will be OK.

Politely, you mean with pinkie sticking out as per afternoon tea with auntie?

Any activity can be bet on.  Mice running through a cardboard maze, what color hat the next farang coming around the corner is, which praying mantis will kill the one in the cage, etc.  How in the world can they single out darts?  Why not outlaw Pool?  I am pretty sure some money has been wagered on some pool or snooker tournaments.

4 hours ago, overherebc said:

Running with plod in close pursuit I take it.

Nope, quite open and seen from the streets with the usual spotlight on the dartboard.  League results are available to everyone.

This seems to be a Pattaya thing along with bridge clubs!

32 minutes ago, HHTel said:

Nope, quite open and seen from the streets with the usual spotlight on the dartboard.  League results are available to everyone.

This seems to be a Pattaya thing along with bridge clubs!

What's next on the hit list? :-Image result for tiddlywinks game pics

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:53 AM, jonclark said:

So let me get this right - To play darts you need a dartboard license...but the license doesn't exist. 

I recommend the police go to Toys R Us - Lots of dartboards there there - and openly being sold too!! Lock em up!

http://www.toysrus.co.th/toysrusTH/SearchResult?keyWord=DARTBOARD&action=keyword&lang=en

Yeah.  Kind of sounds like an old USA law back around Prohibition time.  One could sell alcohol if one had a liquor stamp, but of course no such stamp existed.  Something like that

4 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Yeah.  Kind of sounds like an old USA law back around Prohibition time.  One could sell alcohol if one had a liquor stamp, but of course no such stamp existed.  Something like that

This was another idea from the police that wasn't thought through. However due to the efforts of Lance who administers most darts leagues in Pattaya it was resolved within about a week. 

Now you simply applying or a licence from the Thai darts association who will send it out to you to post on the wall. 

maybe better if the police raids go to confiscate the shisha that are again common in use in all Pattaya. Also will be fine if they close the places that don't respect the ban for smoke in pubblic places, maybe only ten bar/disco/gogo will survive

Archived