New crackdown sees darts BANNED in Pattaya

webfact

Thailand has an enormous bloated public sector. Salaries within the public sector do not match the lifestyle expectations (pick-up, house on mu-bahn, etc.) of public employees. This is by design. In addition, positions and promotions have to be paid for. Therefore all departments, divisions and individuals have to rent-seek. However they must rent-seek within their geographical location and area of legal jurisdiction. They can't trespass on other agencies' turf.

The DOPA, amongst other things, issues games licences.

It is like an escalating war. A few years ago the bars were extorted for not having music licences. Now this protection has become standardised so the rent-seekers must come up with new innovative ideas after having scanned the ancient statutes for infractions they can use to squeeze cash out of business people.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People can bet on just about anything and do. Coin flips? Used to play poker using serial numbers on bills. Confiscate the money!!! Oh, they're already doing that... Turtle races, praying mantis death matches, whether sun will rise...

"Is that a dart in your pocket or ya just glad ta see me?"

For whatever reason? Thailand gets very little negative press around the world, the so called free world chooses to ignore a lot of what goes on here, if this doesn't make the headlines at least on the BBC there is some weird collusion going on for - ridiculous!!! :shock1:

16 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Don't forget Scrabble.....I look forward to certain weekly rant if that happens.:smile:

I'm missing an 'f' and a 'k' to make a suitable response to that....................:sad:

:tongue:

17 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

We just have to accept Thailand don't want us farangs to stay in Thailand anymore 

Do police come and nok on my door now because I have dart board at home 

Thailand is becoming a country I don't like anymore meaby it is better to find a new home in another country 

After 15 years here thank you 

Make South Africa your home , lifestyle cheaper and almost anything goes , Crime is bad but that is everywhere . Beautiful people , beautiful country . You want a home , buy it , it's yours .

17 hours ago, jonclark said:

So let me get this right - To play darts you need a dartboard license...but the license doesn't exist. 

I recommend the police go to Toys R Us - Lots of dartboards there there - and openly being sold too!! Lock em up!

http://www.toysrus.co.th/toysrusTH/SearchResult?keyWord=DARTBOARD&action=keyword&lang=en

Mickey Mouse Land where the absurd become reality as they all make it up as they go along!

When this hits the news, social media watch the excuses and justification explanations trip out to save face and explain how this dangerous activity is a threat to moral values!

Yes, this type of bullshit is why I have chosen the Philippines, not the same as Thailand but there at least I feel safe and welcome. 

I come back to Thailand for holidays and to catch up with my friends here but I would no longer consider Thailand for my long term future. 

nbelievably stupid!!!!!!!!!  What next, a license required to wear short pants or go and have a pee. This most definitely makes the Thai police the world's laughing stock, as if they need any more world firsts like their road carnage. Why not simply ban motor vehicles as well or looking at women or regulating the number of breaths on can take per minute.

Can't bloody believe it, nor will the rest of the world.

Archived