New crackdown sees darts BANNED in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Police turned up at one bar demanding to see their “dartboard license”.

When asked how to apply for such license, bar staff were told that the license doesn’t actually exist but will be a requirement imminently.

Smoking on the beach and playing darts could could get you life imprisonment :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

What a load of Bullocks, this place is turning into a bigger dirt hole than it already is.

I don't play darts or smoke by the way but that doesn't my feelings.

The stupidity and venality of the RTP is monumental. I don't think any police force in the world can compare. Another number 1 for Thailand!

So now Thailand is a world leader in Thai Food, Thai language, road accidents, commercial sex, and police ineptitude and corruption..

That takes some doing..

16 hours ago, manarak said:

how can they enforce a regulation that doesn't exist yet ???

who is the "mastermind" that thinks up this kind of nonsensical regulations and raids?

I would say they "lost the plot", but from previous evidence it's pretty clear that the plot was lost a long time ago and is far from being recovered!

it's DARTS... will bars soon have to have licenses for offering bar stools too ?

what is wrong with these people?

The answer to that is   Third  World  Mentality

Best be checking out 8 ball tables see if need license for that.

But wait there's more.

So much other B/S that's ok to do 

Maybe next step could be no Foreigners out after Dark unless they have

A note from Their Mother's showing they can be out after dark.

27 minutes ago, Hooliganzone said:

Police turned up at one bar demanding to see their “dartboard license”.

When asked how to apply for such license, bar staff were told that the license doesn’t actually exist but will be a requirement imminently.

Smoking on the beach and playing darts could could get you life imprisonment :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

What a load of Bullocks, this place is turning into a bigger dirt hole than it already is.

I don't play darts or smoke by the way but that doesn't my feelings.

Do you have a license to make these statements lol

18 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

C'mon, be reasonable!

Darts are clearly weapons of war that could be used to overthrow the government.

Of course they are banned...

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Exactly!  The same "weapons of war" as my imported toy drone and my imported hobby/consumer grade 3D printer, according to the respective Thai government agencies I've had to deal with last year to get my "weapons" released from Suvarnabhumi Customs jail.  If you've had to deal with the Thai government, like I have, you also painfully know that rampant paranoia has swept throughout the kingdom's government agencies post-2014.  The government employees are still very nice, but they're terrified of making a mistake and having to face the consequences.  In fact, one of them actually told me to my face that's the reason for inaction and delaying tactics within the agencies.  It's obvious this paranoia is extending to include a ban on the game of darts.  F. F. S. what's next?! 

I do believe that may of these topics are FAKE news ,like to no smoking ban i check the allocated beaches.  these wer to take effect on the 1st of Feb. no signs or allocated smoking areas  were in force . i suggest these topics are taken with a pinch of salt. or will that be the next thing to be banned 

2 minutes ago, Rally123 said:

It's plainly obvious Thais do not like foreigners. It's in their National Anthem 'Thailand is for Thais'. They really couldn't give 2 ****s about us. 

You (and I) are merely supposed to eat,root,pay and leave.

Anything else is total bulldust-entertaining as it might be on the odd occasion...

10 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

I do believe that may of these topics are FAKE news ,like to no smoking ban i check the allocated beaches.  these wer to take effect on the 1st of Feb. no signs or allocated smoking areas  were in force . i suggest these topics are taken with a pinch of salt. or will that be the next thing to be banned 

Interesting thoughts. Any of you guys playing darts, please check your local pub to see what they have heard. Maybe the Soi 6 brigade can poll their hangouts, so to speak. 

17 hours ago, manarak said:

how can they enforce a regulation that doesn't exist yet ???

who is the "mastermind" that thinks up this kind of nonsensical regulations and raids?

I would say they "lost the plot", but from previous evidence it's pretty clear that the plot was lost a long time ago and is far from being recovered!

it's DARTS... will bars soon have to have licenses for offering bar stools too ?

what is wrong with these people?

If they say you need a licence for bar stools, change the name to bar shits.

The numskulls who dreamed up this newest crackdown, should be exiled, their passports confiscated, and they should never be allowed to return to Thailand. They are not deserving of the oxygen they consume. Just more nonsense, from one of the most comical, incompetent and do nothing administrations in the countries history.

Darts. A game so dangerous, so threatening, so devoid of social meaning, and purpose, that the benevolent leaders must deny us the ability to play. Nice work guys.

Little P. - Moving Thailand backwards at a breath taking, alarming, and astonishing pace. 

Thailand laws on Licenses:

Unfortunately a black hole exists between the enforcement agencies and the policy makers. To check the licenses and renewals is NOT a prerogative of the cops. it is for that depatment that issues these licenses.

Entertainment licenses are needed for food sale, alcohol and cigarette sale,  massage, dance and go go bars or bands.

Unfortunately unlike most other countries shop keepers and Business owners do not work through their association and make representations so its to each his own..

cant really blame the authorities if the law doesn't specify for a particular activity.. eg if in future they start a bridge club or drone racing they will confiscate as per the local operating laws.

Suggestion: Make a representation direct to local authority and release a press note for clarification and its affect on tourists. .. someone from the relevant Ministry will take note and issue a directive or a clarification..

Cheers!!

Archived