Table tennis venue in Pattaya

thailien8

Is anyone interested (?) in playing table tennis/ping pong in a new venue in Pattaya, with quality tables, paddles/bats available, lots of balls so you never need to go chasing after them.  That is the job of the ball girls, who run around picking up the customers' balls and putting them back in the tableside basket.  Good lighting, aircon, location.  100 baht/hour.

The girls can all play, and are available to hit with customers who come alone.  Tips appreciated.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much does snooker cost per hour, by way of comparison?

I used to play a lot of table tennis years ago (in college I played hours every weekend night). Now I'm afraid I'd end up hurting myself pretty rapidly by trying to make a sudden motion my body wasn't limber enough for. I have arthritis in my right shoulder, which might have gotten started back then from all the hours of play.

But it would be fun, particularly if someone else picked up the balls. The bending to pick them up would be the hardest part...

1 hour ago, norrska said:

100 baht per hour is way over the top

So what is the going rate to be able to play table tennis in Pattaya and where?

Instead of just giving cheap one liner shots as a reply to posts (gotta get that post count up :shock1:) how about posting something helpful to the subject....:coffee1: 

6 hours ago, topt said:

So what is the going rate to be able to play table tennis in Pattaya and where?

Instead of just giving cheap one liner shots as a reply to posts (gotta get that post count up :shock1:) how about posting something helpful to the subject....:coffee1: 

Obviously the OP was being facetious and it went way over your head......whoooooooooooooooooooooooosh!

Just now, Basil B said:

Probably four...

• Ping pong balls
  • Table tennis bats
  • Table Tennis nets
  • Table Tennis Tables

Are they using cricket "bats" now in Ping Pong, or is that for the dexterically challenged...always though it was paddles?

On 05/02/2018 at 3:13 PM, thailien8 said:

Is anyone interested (?) in playing table tennis/ping pong in a new venue in Pattaya, with quality tables, paddles/bats available, lots of balls so you never need to go chasing after them.  That is the job of the ball girls, who run around picking up the customers' balls and putting them back in the tableside basket.  Good lighting, aircon, location.  100 baht/hour.

The girls can all play, and are available to hit with customers who come alone.  Tips appreciated.

Is this kosher??? I see a lot of double meanings in there for the usual Pattaya establishment...

5 hours ago, norrska said:

Obviously the OP was being facetious and it went way over your head......whoooooooooooooooooooooooosh!

I wasn't being facetious at all, just throwing in a little sexual innuendo to spice it up a bit.  

Pool/snooker venues charge 120-240/hour, and all the pool girls do is rack the balls.  How is 100/hour excessive?

7 hours ago, thailien8 said:

I wasn't being facetious at all, just throwing in a little sexual innuendo to spice it up a bit.  

Pool/snooker venues charge 120-240/hour, and all the pool girls do is rack the balls.  How is 100/hour excessive?

That's hilarious.....there you facetiously go again!  :laugh:

15 hours ago, norrska said:

Are they using cricket "bats" now in Ping Pong, or is that for the dexterically challenged...always though it was paddles?

Kids (in the US anyway) call them paddles and call the game Ping Pong. People who do it as a sport call them bats and call the game Table Tennis.

1 hour ago, jerry921 said:

Kids (in the US anyway) call them paddles and call the game Ping Pong. People who do it as a sport call them bats and call the game Table Tennis.

Wrong, the International Table tennis federation uses no such words.  They say "racket."

https://www.ittf.com/equipment/

If you don't mind, I'll stick with their terminology.

17 hours ago, norrska said:

That's hilarious.....there you facetiously go again!  :laugh:

norrska, please stop.  You are wrong, or you don't understand the main meaning of "facetious".  

Could you answer my OQ (original question) about wanting to play some ping pong in good conditions, maybe with a girl you want to impress...?

Can you play the game?

14 hours ago, norrska said:

Wrong, the International Table tennis federation uses no such words.  They say "racket."

https://www.ittf.com/equipment/

If you don't mind, I'll stick with their terminology.

No that's ok, you don't have to change on my account. Please feel free to go on calling it Ping Pong and paddles like you always have.

9 hours ago, thailien8 said:

norrska, please stop.  You are wrong, or you don't understand the main meaning of "facetious".  

Could you answer my OQ (original question) about wanting to play some ping pong in good conditions, maybe with a girl you want to impress...?

Can you play the game?

Yes I am a former champion.

re. the word "facetious", I will stick with the standard definitions which a quick google search shows as,

fa·ce·tious
fəˈsēSHəs/
adjective
adjective: facetious
  1. treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.
    synonyms: flippant, flip, glib, frivolous, tongue-in-cheek, ironic, sardonic, joking, jokey, jocular, playful, sportive, teasing, mischievous;

In a court of law or public opinion, there is little doubt that your attempt to introduce some "non-sports" related aspects to the game constitutes a clear attempt at facetiousness.  Look at the words above if in doubt.  You may just not realize how funny you are!

4 hours ago, norrska said:

Yes I am a former champion.

re. the word "facetious", I will stick with the standard definitions which a quick google search shows as,

fa·ce·tious
fəˈsēSHəs/
adjective
adjective: facetious
  1. treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.
    synonyms: flippant, flip, glib, frivolous, tongue-in-cheek, ironic, sardonic, joking, jokey, jocular, playful, sportive, teasing, mischievous;

In a court of law or public opinion, there is little doubt that your attempt to introduce some "non-sports" related aspects to the game constitutes a clear attempt at facetiousness.  Look at the words above if in doubt.  You may just not realize how funny you are!

I didn't realize what a serious issue table tennis is for you.

For me it's a lot of fun.

As you are a former champion, the club could use a teaching pro.

58 minutes ago, thailien8 said:

I didn't realize what a serious issue table tennis is for you.

For me it's a lot of fun.

As you are a former champion, the club could use a teaching pro.

I didn't realize how seriously you take your facetiousness

9 hours ago, norrska said:

I didn't realize how seriously you take your facetiousness

Seriously, how is this not worth 100 baht an hour?

You are a former champion table tennis player, you are in Pattaya for the usual reasons, but maybe one afternoon you might just like to play some ping pong, just for the exercise.

Problem is, you don't have a partner.

So where do you go?

Well, Queen Pattaya hotel on Klang near Second has a table in the lobby, and the manager is willing to let outsiders play for just the cost of a drink.  I have played there many times.  It's about as good as it gets in Pattaya, but no ping pong partners there, sadly.

Instead, how about an aircon venue with female attendants who gather up the balls, while the players keep on playing.  Good tables and nets, plenty of space, high enough ceiling, good lighting, partners available.

To me, a major problem with playing table tennis is always having to pick up the ball after points, even losing some at the Queen.  

Sure wastes a lot of time and effort.  

On recent sojourns back in the States, I was impressed by table tennis venues in New York City and Toronto.  Baskets of balls by the table, conveniently refilled during play.  Expensive though....

22 minutes ago, FarangFB said:

Interesting concept, where is this place?

Thanks for your positive post.  norrska was getting me down.

This place is currently operating in NYC and Toronto.  These venues looked good and profitable.  And they didn't even have cute Thai girls in colourful uniforms running around.

Never been to China, but in Taipei there is a small club with a ping pong robot.  The hotshots were playing each other.  I was no match for them, but did get to enjoy an hour practicing my backhand with the robot.

I would like to tell you to take the lift up to the third floor of The Bay, Pattaya's slowly-developing mall on Beach Road just north of soi 6.

There you would find my fantasy Planet Ping Pong, open and inviting.

For now, it's just an empty shop space.  Ceiling is high enough.

My OP was to learn if any others share my fantasy of table tennis in good conditions in Pattaya.  

If you do it, make sure your tables have sufficient space for the players to drop back away from the table. Five meters is good, and that doesn't include space where non-players would be walking.

You should probably force players to buy the balls from you rather than expect to loan them like a pool hall, except for the robot table.

Seating for non-players would make it a family attraction.

Ball girls will mostly be in the way. Maybe you only want them there certain hours.

9 hours ago, thailien8 said:

Thanks for your positive post.  norrska was getting me down.

This place is currently operating in NYC and Toronto.  These venues looked good and profitable.  And they didn't even have cute Thai girls in colourful uniforms running around.

Never been to China, but in Taipei there is a small club with a ping pong robot.  The hotshots were playing each other.  I was no match for them, but did get to enjoy an hour practicing my backhand with the robot.

I would like to tell you to take the lift up to the third floor of The Bay, Pattaya's slowly-developing mall on Beach Road just north of soi 6.

There you would find my fantasy Planet Ping Pong, open and inviting.

For now, it's just an empty shop space.  Ceiling is high enough.

My OP was to learn if any others share my fantasy of table tennis in good conditions in Pattaya.  

If I was getting you down with a little friendly banter, then you will never make it in business or with this crazy concept, as you are too thin skinned. 

On 09/02/2018 at 2:48 AM, thailien8 said:

Can you play the game?

Only tools use words like facetious.

Archived