BANGKOK
HamonRye

Do Myanmar citizens need a tourist visa for Thailand?

2 hours ago, Peter Plugers said:

I also have a Myanmar girlfriend and have a further question on this item.  I understand that definitely a Myanmar citizen is exempt from getting a visa for a stay of up to 14 days, provided that she enters Thailand via an international airport (e.g. Suvarnabhumi airport in Bangkok).  However, is she obliged to also leave the country via international airport again, or can she leave Thailand within 14 days and pass the border in Mae Sai (Thailand) to Tachileik (Myanmar) for example?  

Many thanks for your responses. 

Leaving by land is fine.

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:42 PM, BritTim said:

Leaving by land is fine.

Thanks very much for your answer.  Is there a location on internet where this is explicitly mentioned?  Reason for my verification question is that also my girlfriend is not convinced that this is possible, and an alternative would set me back not just 60 bucks... :(

2 hours ago, Peter Plugers said:
On 11/17/2019 at 2:42 AM, BritTim said:

Leaving by land is fine.

Thanks very much for your answer.  Is there a location on internet where this is explicitly mentioned?  Reason for my verification question is that also my girlfriend is not convinced that this is possible, and an alternative would set me back not just 60 bucks... 😞

The logic is similar to that for those who get a visa on arrival (15 days available only at selected entry points). Immigration wants to screen those entering the country, and also wants to prevent Myanmar citizens entering cheaply, possibly with the intention of working illegally. Immigration does not care how Myanmar citizens leave the country, just so long as they do so before the end of their permission to stay.