Samsung s7 repair.

Rc2702

Have a Samsung s7 which was water damaged a week after getting it last year. Does charge but screen completely unresponsive. Quoted £180 to fix in UK by a phone repair shop. Took it to my local guy in KK and he reckins Samsung thailand may repair it. Any ideas of cost of this and if they would even repair a UK Samsung device? Shop in UK reckons it needs a new screen but maybe it is the internal board that is damaged? 

Any similar experiences most welcome. Using my A5 which is now 3 years old and still my favourite.

Have tried to find a xaomi to play with but 6 months and two provences later It still eludes me.

Just now, Halfaboy said:

If you are in Pattaya you could go to the Samsung Service Center. You will upfront be quoted a price as per standard price list.

The center is located on Pattaya Nua not too far from the busstation (same side).

Not in Pattaya but good to know. Thanks

Just now, Patanawet said:

Had a similar problem with my J7 a few months ago in the big flood of 2017.

Samsung service centre in Silom quoted me 6K baht for a new screen and mother board.

Bought a Huawei GR5 2017.

If my quote is anything around that I'll bite there hand off. Thanks for info. I am thinking it will be more as the s7 has a curved screen or something.  This was reason for high quote in uk anyway. We shall see.

In Bangkok's China Town, Klong Thom Area, there a lot of Repair shops which do very good jobs at a low cost. Mainly, you could just wait for the repair be done within an hour or so. Don't go to the MBK, the prices there mainly double as at Klong Thom.

I'm guessing the OP is in Khon Kaen?

Service Center of Samsung Khon Kaen
In town, Muang Khon Kaen, 2.21 km

address 177 / 7-10 Mittraphap Road, 40000
Opening Hours
"Mon-Fri 8am - 6pm 
Saturday 9am - 5pm 
Sunday Holiday"

http://www.samsung.com/th/support/service-center/

Have tried to find a xaomi to play with but 6 months and two provences later It still eludes me.

Xiaomi now has quite a few of their own shops, but in Bangkok:

Seacon Square

Mega Bang Na

Imperial World Samrong

Pantip Plaza

Just now, JaseTheBass said:

About 7k for a similar S6 Edge screen from Samsung.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Good timing. Took it to samsung today who quoted just under 5k baht.

Bit unsure of how it will pan out they seemed hesitant to repair the phone but maybe thry will sort it. Will find out in 2 days.

Took s7 to samsung repair centre khon kaen.

4800 baht. Works like new.

New screen I think was repair.

Very pleased with everything. Was quoted £180 in London so a massive saving and sorted within 48 hours.

The best part was my Mrs trying to say I should just buy a new phone. Her face when I showed her was worth the cost all on its own. 

Thanks to those that contributed.

Just seen this and it's similar to my problem. 

I've got a Samsung S7 Edge which was bought in the UK. It was dropped and the glass back (not the screen) was broken.  My wife phoned the Samsung repair centre in Roi Et, which we've used before for her old phone but there seems to be a problem as it wasn't bought in Thailand.  Not sure of the exact problem but it seems they check the imei number before they repair.  

I'm flying back to the UK on the 3rd of March so I'll probably end up getting it done then but it's more difficult because I need my phone more there than here. A longer term issue is that I gave my wife my old UK bought S6 so if that had problem so might I. Has anyone else had this problem? 

3 hours ago, kimamey said:

I've got a Samsung S7 Edge which was bought in the UK. It was dropped and the glass back (not the screen) was broken.  My wife phoned the Samsung repair centre in Roi Et, which we've used before for her old phone but there seems to be a problem as it wasn't bought in Thailand.  Not sure of the exact problem but it seems they check the imei number before they repair.  

I'm flying back to the UK on the 3rd of March so I'll probably end up getting it done then but it's more difficult because I need my phone more there than here. A longer term issue is that I gave my wife my old UK bought S6 so if that had problem so might I. Has anyone else had this problem? 

My s7 was UK too. They fixed it in 48 hours. I used the Samsung centre in khon kaen. 4800 baht.

49 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

My s7 was UK too. They fixed it in 48 hours. I used the Samsung centre in khon kaen. 4800 baht.

Thanks for that.

I'm on the south eastern side of Mahasarakham so Roi Et is about half the distance. I'll try there again but if not then I'll go to Khon Kaen.

3 minutes ago, kimamey said:

Thanks for that.

I'm on the south eastern side of Mahasarakham so Roi Et is about half the distance. I'll try there again but if not then I'll go to Khon Kaen.

We never phone places to get info. We used to do that and it was unclear or Ill advice. That Samsung repair, first thing they said was "not have part cannot do" no Solution offered they thought that was end of discussion. Pressed them to order part fix phone 100% and no rush required. So it was not 100% smooth and because of that I was not totally convinced they would solve it. They also voiced concern that back of phone might not look like new. It was fine. Good luck.

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:01 AM, kimamey said:

I just ordered one of these to hide a cracked glass in the corner of my phone, so it might be a good $3 investment for you also?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/360-Full-Protective-Phone-Cases-For-Samsung-Galaxy-S7-S7-edge-case-Matte-Hard-Cover-For/32843521046.html 

29 minutes ago, Amusements said:

I just ordered one of these to hide a cracked glass in the corner of my phone, so it might be a good $3 investment for you also?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/360-Full-Protective-Phone-Cases-For-Samsung-Galaxy-S7-S7-edge-case-Matte-Hard-Cover-For/32843521046.html 

That looks quite good although the reason for wanting to get mine fixed is because it's quite a few cracks and in the unlikely event it gets water on it is more likely to get inside. Having said that it might help in that regard as well I'm short of time now so I'll either get done in the UK or wait until I come back. 

15 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

My version of the S6 was never sold in Thailand - Samsung in CM still happily fixed it.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

I'll have to leave mine as it is for now but it seems there shouldn't be a problem in future. 

Archived