Renewal of retirement visa

It varies office to office.

In many years, I've never heard of any office that won't accept applications 30 days before expiration.

Yet you say Samui says 10 days. Amazing. Is that really true?

Some offices accept even earlier, such as 45 days, and some may even accept earlier than that like 60 days but documented proof of need may be required, like air tickets. 

I went to immigration Samui today AM .My visa was due for renewal on the third of March. My paperwork was taken. My passport was returned. I was told to return on the fifteenth of this month because Samui will only renew ten days before expiry. It was a renewal based on income.

It's entirely up to the office. There are no set rules. Most of the large offices will do it within 45 days and others within 30 days. If Samui say it's 10 days, it's 10 days. The new extension starts on the same day regardless of when you apply.

19 minutes ago, john smith said:

I went to immigration Samui today AM .My visa was due for renewal on the third of March. My paperwork was taken. My passport was returned. I was told to return on the fifteenth of this month because Samui will only renew ten days before expiry. It was a renewal based on income.

What am I missing here 10 days????? due at the 3rd of march and Samui Immigration ask you to come back mid february.. That is in my book at least 16 days.....

glegolo