BANGKOK
BangkokDanish

Effective pollution masks N95/N99/P95/99

I was in Homepro today and they had several types in stock, including the 3M 8210 ones (2 masks for 80 Baht IIRC).  

Haven't heard of the vflex ones but I'll check them out.

3 hours ago, ChidlomDweller said:

I was in Homepro today and they had several types in stock, including the 3M 8210 ones (2 masks for 80 Baht IIRC).  

Did they have the 8210 version in stock at the Ploenchit HomePro?

10 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Did they have the 8210 version in stock at the Ploenchit HomePro?

Yes.  Also some other brands.

I always wear a mask when I visit central Bangkok . I don't care if people are staring at me, anyway many Thais wear a mask so I'm not alone.

Thanks Bangkok Danish for sticking up for us here at Style Seal.  We appreciate your support.  Edwardadtubs we would like to invite you by our shop so we can teach you a bit about our products.  Please drop by sometime if you can.  

Basically you should try and use something generally accepted as industry standard.

3M ones have a nice valve in now adays.

while those designer type ones are nice, they don't fit every bodies face type.

I haven't seen a 3M mask with a valve yet. Style Seal basically told me to go fish. 

leaving Bangkok today, never found anything, Luckily I have an AQBlue from VN that works well. 

The way many people are wearing their 3M masks around Bangkok is funny. They don't realise you have to shape the noseclips to create a seal, otherwise it's completely ineffective.

Edited by edwardandtubs

yes, the nose seal is important and doesn't work well with all masks. 

home pro at ploenchit is out of masks.

style seal gave me the bum's rush. not sure how well they work anyway. that nose seal is critical. 

11 minutes ago, mitebbots said:

yes, the nose seal is important and doesn't work well with all masks. 

home pro at ploenchit is out of masks.

style seal gave me the bum's rush. not sure how well they work anyway. that nose seal is critical. 

The operative lesson here in Thailand is -- you need to purchase and keep a sufficient supply of these N95 masks at home BEFORE the heavy smog season starts each year, typically in December.  Otherwise, oftentimes, out of luck.

I was in two Global House and one Thai Watsadu hardware stores looking for some water plumbing parts today but also swung by their face mask sections to see what kinds of masks they had in stock.....all three stores were out of N95 rated face masks....plenty of the the cheaper hospital type masks...just no N95 rated masks.

One funny thing I noticed out and around in BKK yesterday -- actually, the PM2.5 levels yesterday were not so bad, especially prior to late afternoon.. Nor were they particularly bad earlier today -- despite the forecast for today being for very bad smog.

And yet yesterday, I saw lots of Thais wearing masks when out and around in BKK, mostly the cheap drugstore kind, and maybe 25% of those with masks wearing the better N95 type masks... But all of them wearing them on a day when the pollution levels didn't really require it.

Which kind of suggests, a lot of locals out there don't know where to, or don't bother to, find accurate and up to date info on the real time smog levels. With the AQI level under 100 in BKK for most of yesterday, I was walking around without any mask. But lots of local folks still wearing their masks.

But I'm not making any bets on how the air quality levels will be for tomorrow and the rest of the weekend, since the forecasts continue to say BAD!

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I ordered a couple Mojimasks.

the valve isn't functional. I guess it's just there for looks. I'll need to do something with the adjustable straps as they slip and can not get a seal at all. still looking for masks.

https://www.lazada.co.th/shop/mojimask/

I'll be back in a month. hopefully, I can find some better masks. 

I'm actually in Singapore, no idea where I would find them here.