Farang on bicycle enters temple and steals 1,000 baht donation money

webfact

Farang on bicycle enters temple and steals 1,000 baht donation money

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

CCTV footage at a temple in Ayuthaya showed a Caucasian man aged about 40-45 arrive on a bicycle and stop outside.

After puffing coolly on a cigarette he goes inside where another camera catches him casing the joint before he checks no one is watching and steals 1,000 baht from a donation tree in the chapel.

He was not interested in the 500s, 100s or 20s on the tree - he just wanted the bigger note, reported Thai Rath.

Reporters went to the temple of Wat Panomyong where monk Phra Natthapong, 52, told them that the incident happened on Sunday afternoon about 2pm.

Some people had donated money and Phra Natthapong had left the chapel for a while. When he came back he thought money was missing so he checked the two cameras the temple had installed.

He said he had not reported the matter to police - he just wanted to warn other temples and people in the area to watch out for this foreigner on a bicycle.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-02-07

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have pretty broke to be robbing temples. This scum shouldn't be in Thailand. Lowest of the low. Too many broke and dirty farangs hanging around in Thailand. Packed to the rafters! Cheap Charlies who are prepared to walk in the Thailand heat all to save 20 baht. Police must find this Losers Representative and let him do hard time. 

32 minutes ago, Machiavelli said:

You have pretty broke to be robbing temples. This scum shouldn't be in Thailand. Lowest of the low. Too many broke and dirty farangs hanging around in Thailand. Packed to the rafters! Cheap Charlies who are prepared to walk in the Thailand heat all to save 20 baht. Police must find this Losers Representative and let him do hard time. 

I sometimes take the free BMTA bus. Should I be kicked out of Thailand? 

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

Taxi driver syndrome.

Yesterday we have a story reflecting badly on monks [the underwear thief] and, lo and behold, today we have a story showing them as victims of theft.

Coincidence is indeed a mercurial thing.

It's good to have a balance.

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

Difficult to assess race & impossible to see what might have been in his hand. I'm therefore assuming 'smokescreen' to deflect from the knicker-nicker ?

According to Thai Rath article, there were two CCTV cameras and perp is described as appearing to be white European male age 40-45 wearing shorts, riding a bicycle.

Edit: Realize now this just restates what was already written in English translation. My bad. Apologies.

No way once this is viewed by people in town that this guy won't be identified and arrested.

"CCTV footage at a temple in Ayuthaya showed a Caucasian man aged about 40-45 arrive on a bicycle and stop outside."

That CCTV camera is really steady huh?  Seems like they needed the donation to buy mounts for the cameras.  It looks like they are currently using junior monks to hold the camera all the time.

Pretty sad case if the the 40-45 year old man was so broke or desperate.  Broke, jobless, maybe homeless?  I was there once and I straightened things out by a mix of sterling past record, then some discipline and hard work.  I had outs, and I probably needed all of them.  If he was just a lazy bum that didn't want to go back to his home country, well, then an F for planning.

I bet people in the area will recognize the bike if the photos or video get out in the public.

He was not interested in the 500s, 100s or 20s on the tree - he just wanted the bigger note, reported Thai Rath

He knew exactly that the monk wasn't here, so he must live close to the temple area. The TVF detectives will have the problem solved in a short period of time, with name, nationality, age,etc.

And some foreigners thought that money doesn't grow on trees. They're so wrong, innit? 

1 minute ago, isaanbanhou said:

i'll offer a 1000 baht reward to the TV member who identifies him first

Okay, you've got me . 500 baht coming from me, but we must be allowed to stone, then hang him, perhaps before we let him clean all the temples in Sisaket area for free. Then deport him to Nigeria.

Just now, transam said:

Hmmmm, think that comment was not needed....

Anyhooo, the creep is a low life, probably has nicked the odd big note on a regular basis...

•  

But he doesn't seem to be clever. Some smaller bills and nobody would have missed anything. Dumb people need a wake up call. And I'm certain they find him today....

43 minutes ago, kkith said:

"CCTV footage at a temple in Ayuthaya showed a Caucasian man aged about 40-45 arrive on a bicycle and stop outside."

That CCTV camera is really steady huh?  Seems like they needed the donation to buy mounts for the cameras.  It looks like they are currently using junior monks to hold the camera all the time.

I think, as normal, that is someone using their phone to video the CCTV screen on playback... 

Or were you being facetious ? 

Archived