Farang on bicycle enters temple and steals 1,000 baht donation money

webfact

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a tourist on a 50 baht hire bike from one of the many guest houses in Ayutthaya. It should be easy to find out where the bike came from and the guy may well be staying at the same place. Hopefully they can track him down and toss him in jail.

4 minutes ago, CNXBKKMAN said:

Looks like a tourist on a 50 baht hire bike from one of the many guest houses in Ayutthaya. It should be easy to find out where the bike came from and the guy may well be staying at the same place. Hopefully they can track him down and toss him in jail.

Even for Thai cops this guy can be easily found. I reckon a 20,000bht payment to the Temple will sort him out....:stoner:

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I'm curious how they could tell from this video that he stole a 1,000 Baht note? It doesn't seem clear enough to me, or were they going on height of his hand, and if so how can they tell if it was only one note, not two close together?

Maybe they knew how many B1,000s were on the tree.

12 minutes ago, peperobi said:

Poor guy probably was very hungry!!!

Let's assume he was starving hungry and he had the choice of spending 50 baht on meal or 50 baht on the hire bike. He chose the bike. Again he is famished, down on his luck does he spend 75 baht on a meal or 75 baht on a packet of fags?. He chose the fags. That's how hungry he was.

Last farang to steal equivalent of 28 US Dollars from temple got 23 years in Thai prison.

Do not steal from Thai temples. Respect Buddhism and Thailand.

Catch the thief and put him in prison for life.

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

Pretty sad case if the the 40-45 year old man was so broke or desperate.  Broke, jobless, maybe homeless?  I was there once and I straightened things out by a mix of sterling past record, then some discipline and hard work.  I had outs, and I probably needed all of them.  If he was just a lazy bum that didn't want to go back to his home country, well, then an F for planning.

I bet people in the area will recognize the bike if the photos or video get out in the public.

The bike was stolen...

13 minutes ago, themerg said:

Last farang to steal equivalent of 28 US Dollars from temple got 23 years in Thai prison.

Do not steal from Thai temples. Respect Buddhism and Thailand.

Catch the thief and put him in prison for life.

Let's not waste the public purse on such inferior scum.Shoot the bastard in the balls!!

"CCTV footage at a temple in Ayuthaya showed a Caucasian man aged about 40-45 arrive on a bicycle and stop outside."

That CCTV camera is really steady huh?  Seems like they needed the donation to buy mounts for the cameras.  It looks like they are currently using junior monks to hold the camera all the time.

muppet alert

Sent from my satellite link using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived