Sri Racha

UKBloke

They have a Robinsons there which i visit sometimes, and the hospital is good. One odd thing i noticed when i last visited and parked near the hospital was what seemed like dozens of Japanese themed bars in the nearby side streets. I presume they are staffed by good time girls but why so many in one or two streets with a Japanese clientele?

3 hours ago, Henryford said:

They have a Robinsons there which i visit sometimes, and the hospital is good. One odd thing i noticed when i last visited and parked near the hospital was what seemed like dozens of Japanese themed bars in the nearby side streets. I presume they are staffed by good time girls but why so many in one or two streets with a Japanese clientele?

Probably like Thaniya Plaza in Bkk.

Couple of bars around 'Sri Racha Place' condo block for Farangs, and some decent restaurants around the town too

Unless you like raw fish and Karaoke most places in town are out of bounds, even to the point of notices on the doors 'Japanese only' of some bars and clubs (in English)

Most of the condo's are way over priced because of the Japanese workers and they just keep building.  Looks like 5 more buildings coming online.  Just like all of Thailand they just keep packing it in.  They just built another building next to Ladda blocking out most of the view. Just crazy

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

Sri Racha is enormous - it stretches from the coast to the Rayong border and the industrial estates, and over motorway 7. This puts it technically in the top 5 biggest cities in Thailand.

Because of this the Condo accommodation is largely aimed at Japanese executives.....as are the myriad Japanese bars restaurants ad "snack bars".

as with many Thai towns it is blighted by unregulated or unplanned development. The tiny town centre - robinsons and all clusters between the coast and Sukhumvit road where it forms an intractable bottleneck .

Once a little seaside fishing town it is now dominated by an ever increasing number very high tower blocks aimed mainly at the Japanese and other industrialists. A moth-eaten band of Western expats of various nationalities clings to a small coffee bar nestled under a tin roof by Robinsons - drop in if you want advice...

The "villages" around Sri Racha offer better value rentals in the form of houses as these are not so popular with Japanese customers. Prices are the same or lower than PAttaya.

There are THREE large hospitals in Sriracha- 2 private and the local government hospital.

there are also several Catholic schools.

The main attraction to Sri Racha was Koh Loi Island connected to the mainland by  a causeway...... due to the collapse of the causeway for the 3rd time in 15 years the island and all its attractions are now closed for at least another year.

The main road through town is now so congested for so long they have embarked upon a series of flyovers - this has meant that there have been road works on ether side of Sri Racha for years...at present there is a lull, but I'm reliably informed that a further one or even 2 more flyovers ae to be built - this time very close to the centre which will render the town centre as a construction site for anothe r 3 or 4 years. Lord knows where they will divert the traffic as the next road around the place is the Motorway 7.

THe future of Sriracha is very much linked to industry, the EEC and the Sukhumvit roadworks - the future is in short dusty.

I would recommend you take a look at Bang Saen - a much nicer, more civilised town and with a VERY convenient location for BKK and the Eastern Seaboard

PS - if you mean by "nightlife" prostitution, you could be in for a shock, the average Japanese punter is happily capable of paying a lot more for female company than the average westerner.....and don't expect the girls to come running after you either you may not be their type.

This is an excellent description. 

My gf’s shop is in the light industrial are near the turn off from the 7. It’s a bit bleak here tbh. On the east side of the highway it is quite posh. Golf courses, high end condos, large gym (that road that has the tiger zoo).

”blighted by unplanned development” lol - spot on.

there are some actual nice developments in Laem Chabang, but you’d have to hunt them down. It’s weird, you’ll be driving through what you think is a back alley and all of a sudden there’s a nice looking massive development. Not sure of the prices sorry. But the area to search would be west of route 7 highway, east of route 3 and north of number 7 freeway.

now may be a good time to go hunting for property as this time of the year here seems to be a definite drop in enthusiasm as there is a lull in money being made.

as for the sauce, I think that’s the Vietnam Sri racha. :D

Edited by ncc1701d
Smelling sistakes

On 2/7/2018 at 9:24 PM, Henryford said:

Because of all the Japanese men living in the area that work at Japanese companies in Rayong

I am not very far away and use Sri Ratcha immigration, would agree with previous posts, can be very congested at times and not a lot going for it other than some good restaurants and the ferry to Koh Sichang.

As suggested Bang Saen would be a much better option.

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

I am not very far away and use Sri Ratcha immigration, would agree with previous posts, can be very congested at times and not a lot going for it other than some good restaurants and the ferry to Koh Sichang.

As suggested Bang Saen would be a much better option.

It is probably worth pointing out that property/rental prices are higher in Bang Saen but the lifestyle is superior and the location is better.

• 3 months later...
On 2/8/2018 at 5:19 PM, Airbagwill said:

Sri Racha is enormous - it stretches from the coast to the Rayong border and the industrial estates, and over motorway 7. This puts it technically in the top 5 biggest cities in Thailand.

Because of this the Condo accommodation is largely aimed at Japanese executives.....as are the myriad Japanese bars restaurants ad "snack bars".

as with many Thai towns it is blighted by unregulated or unplanned development. The tiny town centre - robinsons and all clusters between the coast and Sukhumvit road where it forms an intractable bottleneck .

Once a little seaside fishing town it is now dominated by an ever increasing number very high tower blocks aimed mainly at the Japanese and other industrialists. A moth-eaten band of Western expats of various nationalities clings to a small coffee bar nestled under a tin roof by Robinsons - drop in if you want advice...

The "villages" around Sri Racha offer better value rentals in the form of houses as these are not so popular with Japanese customers. Prices are the same or lower than PAttaya.

There are THREE large hospitals in Sriracha- 2 private and the local government hospital.

there are also several Catholic schools.

The main attraction to Sri Racha was Koh Loi Island connected to the mainland by  a causeway...... due to the collapse of the causeway for the 3rd time in 15 years the island and all its attractions are now closed for at least another year.

The main road through town is now so congested for so long they have embarked upon a series of flyovers - this has meant that there have been road works on ether side of Sri Racha for years...at present there is a lull, but I'm reliably informed that a further one or even 2 more flyovers ae to be built - this time very close to the centre which will render the town centre as a construction site for anothe r 3 or 4 years. Lord knows where they will divert the traffic as the next road around the place is the Motorway 7.

THe future of Sriracha is very much linked to industry, the EEC and the Sukhumvit roadworks - the future is in short dusty.

I would recommend you take a look at Bang Saen - a much nicer, more civilised town and with a VERY convenient location for BKK and the Eastern Seaboard

PS - if you mean by "nightlife" prostitution, you could be in for a shock, the average Japanese punter is happily capable of paying a lot more for female company than the average westerner.....and don't expect the girls to come running after you either you may not be their type.

Hey may i ask if you know usually what are the working hours in the japanese snacks and karaoke?