Can a Yellow Book holder fill out their own TM30

Yes, if you are the house master in the yellow book you report yourself.  If a Thai is house master in the blue book the they would report.

Edited by Peterw42

2 minutes ago, Isan Farang said:

I have a yellow book and my wife has a blue book same address in both books, would it not be she is the house master ?

Yes, you are correct. I was thinking of when a foreigner owns and has the yellow book and the blue book is blank.

4 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Yes, you are correct. I was thinking of when a foreigner owns and has the yellow book and the blue book is blank.

They still wouldn’t be the ‘house-master’. They would be the owner and responsible to report as the owner.

11 minutes ago, elviajero said:

They still wouldn’t be the ‘house-master’. They would be the owner and responsible to report as the owner.

I am house master in my yellow book (owner) and report myself, blue book is blank.

Edited by Peterw42

2 minutes ago, Isan Farang said:

Do you own a condo or a house

A Condo, we cant own houses. I dont think the ampher would put you in as house master in a company owned house. Not sure how that would work.

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

A Condo, we cant own houses. I dont think the ampher would put you in as house master in a company owned house. Not sure how that would work.

Ok thanks for the confirmation.

I am curious if a non Thai can own a condo why they would need a yellow book if they can have a blue book in their name

1 minute ago, Isan Farang said:

Ok thanks for the confirmation.

I am curious if a non Thai can own a condo why they would need a yellow book if they can have a blue book in their name

You dont get a blue book in your name, a foreign owned condo you get a blank blue book because only Thais can be listed in blue book. Blue book isnt ownership, just who lives there, blue for Thais yellow for foreigners

You cant be house master in either book without the owners permission. I suppose if a company owned a house, the company could give permission for a foriegner to be house master in a yellow book if nobody is in the blue book. 

47 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I am house master in my yellow book (owner) and report myself, blue book is blank.

I doubt there is anything written in your yellow book identifying you as the ‘house-master’ (เจ้าบ้าน Jao Baan). If there is I’d be interested to see it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, elviajero said:

You can own a house. You can’t own land.

Thats a house that sits on land that someone else owns, if you pick up the house and move it does the blue book go with it.

4 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Thats a house that sits on land that someone else owns, if you pick up the house and move it does the blue book go with it.

That is an interesting question for which I doubt there is a great deal of prior precedent. I think the answer is that the current blue book would be canceled as soon as the house moved to a new plot of land, and a new blue book would need to be applied for at the new location.

Does anyone know how mobile homes on semi permanent plots are handled in Thailand?

1 minute ago, BritTim said:

That is an interesting question for which I doubt there is a great deal of prior precedent. I think the answer is that the current blue book would be canceled as soon as the house moved to a new plot of land, and a new blue book would need to be applied for at the new location.

Does anyone know how mobile homes on semi permanent plots are handled in Thailand?

I think you would find the blue book goes with an address not the structure on it. We cant own a house in terms of real estate ownership, you can own a house in terms of the structure, the same as owning a caravan.

5 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I think you would find the blue book goes with an address not the structure on it. We cant own a house in terms of real estate ownership, you can own a house in terms of the structure, the same as owning a caravan.

As I understand it, you can own the house, and there can be multiple houses on the same plot of land (one landowner) with different owners. Whether it is a good idea is a whole different question. In Thailand, laches involving property rights (lease or ownership) on someone else's land are not well protected in case of sale of the land, whatever your contract with the original owner might state. The original landowner is gone, and your contract has no effect over the new owner.

• Like 1

So I have a valid Usufruct contract that gives me the right right to use, possess, manage and occupy irregardless of who owns the property -- so why would I not be able to fill out my own TM30?  The Usufruct gives me essentially the same rights as the owner.

• Like 1

“ House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of
owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act.

I've completed and filed many TM30's in different Provinces. (As the tenant).

The question is what documentary evidence of that address they will accept. I found them reluctant to accept my Yellow Tabien Baan as proof, when a Thai also has a Blue Tabien Baan for that address, regardless of whether they were registered as the Householder (Jao Baan) or just someone who lives there (Poo Assai). When filing I therefore supply a copy of the Thais ID card and Tabien Baan and never had a problem following this procedure.

For a Condo owner, a copy of the blue book (no name) and the Yellow book is the only option.

In this situation it's correct to be  listed as the Jao Baan in the Yellow book.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

So I have a valid Usufruct contract that gives me the right right to use, possess, manage and occupy irregardless of who owns the property -- so why would I not be able to fill out my own TM30?  The Usufruct gives me essentially the same rights as the owner.

You are allowed to summit the TM.30 in your own name because

1. you are the house-master, meaning the chief possessor of the residence, as defined in section 2 of the Immigration Act;

2. you are the house-master and the possessor mentioned in section 38 of the same Act.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

20170121_120357.jpg.b806255c31251d6acc7452180127440d.jpg

Thanks for posting the photo.

I find it an interesting point, I've never really looked at those headings before.

I'm now wiser on another detail.

edit: Just occurred to me that as I rent a house and the housemaster lives abroad, does anyone know if immigration might accept me writing the TM30 as the  renter?

Edited by bluesofa

13 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

edit: Just occurred to me that as I rent a house and the housemaster lives abroad, does anyone know if immigration might accept me writing the TM30 as the  renter?

Immigration should accept a TM30 form completed by you if your name is shown of the rental agreement. But that could depend upon the office you report to (Phuket for example want a power of attorney from the owner).

The complicationa that can occur is the owners house book and ID card or passport if not Thai.

16 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I find it an interesting point, I've never really looked at those headings before.

Technically yes, as the possessor but dependant on local IO and what documents they may require.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration should accept a TM30 form completed by you if your name is shown of the rental agreement. But that could depend upon the office you report to (Phuket for example want a power of attorney from the owner).

The complicationa that can occur is the owners house book and ID card or passport if not Thai.

MY new rental house is owned by a thai company and the director is a Farang, what his lawyer advised ;

i have a copy of the house book, copy of shareholders showing him as director, copy of his passport, copy building permit, POA signed by him allowing me to notify my address.

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

Technically yes, as the possessor but dependant on local IO and what documents they may require.

Thanks to you and UJ for the reply.

I come under Udon immigration, they're pretty reasonable.

If I take a copy of the the rental agreement and a TM30 with me the next time, I'll give it a go and see what happens.

Being organised, in case it was refused I'd also take a TM30 my wife filled in, along with a POA she has from the owner (her sister). That was OK last time.

8 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

If I take a copy of the the rental agreement and a TM30 with me the next time, I'll give it a go and see what happens.

Being organised, in case it was refused I'd also take a TM30 my wife filled in, along with a POA she has from the owner (her sister). That was OK last time.

I think if previous TM30 was done "owner via POA" then the office may expect the same next time. I get the feeling they reluctantly accept the possessor reporting only if owner is not available. 

Then again its very dependant on the position of Mars, relative to Jupiter, in the night sky.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I think if previous TM30 was done "owner via POA" then the office may expect the same next time. I get the feeling they reluctantly accept the possessor reporting only if owner is not available. 

Then again its very dependant on the position of Mars, relative to Jupiter, in the night sky.

They don't check on previous TM30 reports from what I've seen. It's all good fun anyway, and as you suggest Uranus could well be involved.

Night sky - night John-boy.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

There are only two possibilities for the status of a Thai in a Blue Tabien Baan.

1. Jao Baan เจ้าบ้าน Host, householder, master.

2. Poo Assai ผู้อยู่อาศัย The dweller.

A Thai can only be registered at one address.

I have full English translations of Tabien Baans if they would be of any interest to anyone.

37 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

A copy of her sisters TB and ID card should be sufficient and save a POA.

If your wife is named in the book, a copy of the TB and her ID will be acceptable.