Burmese man beaten unconscious by the mob after taking little boy hostage

webfact

Burmese man beaten unconscious by the mob after taking little boy hostage

3pm.jpg

The drug crazed Burmese man holds a scythe to the little boy's throat in hostage drama. Picture: Thai Rath

Police in the western Thai border town of Mae Sot, Tak, were called to a village where a Burmese man had taken a little boy hostage.

Jor Jor, 45, was holding a rice cutting scythe to the screaming Burmese boy's neck and demanding to be sent back to Myawaddy on the other side of the border.

Police talked to the drug crazed man for more than an hour until an interpreter helped out and it was decided to bring a three wheeler to supposedly transport him across the border.

But as cops pretended to comply by offering the man a cooling drink a charge was made and the scythe was wrenched from the man's hand.

Then the mob who had gathered helped out by beating Jor Jor senseless, said Thai Rath.

He was taken away to face prosecution.

The boy was treated at the scene and was recovering in hospital from cuts to his face and neck.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-02-08

2 hours ago, jerojero said:

Police had him subdued then let a mob attack him. What he did was horrible but police allowance of, or participation in, vigilante justice is also very wrong.

he deserved a bloody hiding. but on a similar note. years ago. maybe 20 i guess i was in pnhom pen and sitting downstairs in the restaurant area of the hotel i was staying in. eating away and there was all of a sudden a lot of commotion and basically the police had grabs 2 kids off a motorbike. late teens, around my age at the time i guess. anyway. it was 2 coppers both with AK's. after a bit of shouting and stuff a load of motorbike taxi guys from the other side of the street descended on them and the police stood back and let them start kicking the absolute shit out of them. one guy comes over with a big petrol container and throws it over one of the kids and they set him alight. i then said to the bird i was with, right upstairs i''m not watching this. few minutes later from the room, heard a couple of gun shots. stayed in that night! few days later was in siem riep and was reading and english language paper which looked more like a booklet at the time. turns out both were dead including one by fire. the other managed to escape the group some how and the police shot him in the back killing him. their crime? stole the bike they were on from the airport. true story

23 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

he deserved a bloody hiding. but on a similar note. years ago. maybe 20 i guess i was in pnhom pen and sitting downstairs in the restaurant area of the hotel i was staying in. eating away and there was all of a sudden a lot of commotion and basically the police had grabs 2 kids off a motorbike. late teens, around my age at the time i guess. anyway. it was 2 coppers both with AK's. after a bit of shouting and stuff a load of motorbike taxi guys from the other side of the street descended on them and the police stood back and let them start kicking the absolute shit out of them. one guy comes over with a big petrol container and throws it over one of the kids and they set him alight. i then said to the bird i was with, right upstairs i''m not watching this. few minutes later from the room, heard a couple of gun shots. stayed in that night! few days later was in siem riep and was reading and english language paper which looked more like a booklet at the time. turns out both were dead including one by fire. the other managed to escape the group some how and the police shot him in the back killing him. their crime? stole the bike they were on from the airport. true story

Some times you think turning the other way is the best policy,

I bet you run that story over and over in your head something never forgotten, 

A voice may have helped those fellas , would you risk your life for a stranger, 

and I guess you made your choice,

Just now, leeneeds said:

not a chance in hell i was getting involved with that mob. first time in that place. didn't know the rules. get the <deleted> out of there was my reaction and I'm not ashamed to admit it

10 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

not a chance in hell i was getting involved with that mob. first time in that place. didn't know the rules. get the <deleted> out of there was my reaction and I'm not ashamed to admit it

I am not judging you , I don't know what I would have done either , you made your choice , and I think the event will be with you for all time

1 hour ago, Happy enough said:

another one of these stories. speak up all you on here that keep saying that drugs should be legal. you know who you are 555

Because of course with drugs being illegal, this sort of thing never happens, does it? Thank heaven for the drugs laws.

Oh, wait a minute....

56 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

Yeah. I ve seen a mob in west africa killing a thief with hammer and nails. Plain daylight. Changed my view on "poor africans" that day.... some days later i was at refugee camp and easily "understood" why so many people/kids had chopped off arms... some "cultures" have different "traditions"... as for cambodia... post khmer rouge era was dominated by violence and pts... 

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

just another drug nutter loose. Druggies, they deserve the worst. imo

No, the one deserving the worst are the dealers and the corrupted ones who take money to turn a blind eye or actively contribute to the traffic...

Just now, Golgota said:

No, the one deserving the worst are the dealers and the corrupted ones who take money to turn a blind eye or actively contribute to the traffic...

Steven100 is a conservative soul with little empathy. People in sorrow or misery are prone to drug abuse.  Including nr 1 drug known as alcohol. Often, the biggest haters of drugs voice their opinion when pizzzzed 555.

4 hours ago, jerojero said:

Police had him subdued then let a mob attack him. What he did was horrible but police allowance of, or participation in, vigilante justice is also very wrong.

Thai police don't involve themselves in law enforcement. Best to let the public handle police work.

2 hours ago, leeneeds said:

Would you? 

2 hours ago, leeneeds said:

I would risk my life for a stranger if i knew what was happening and why. Like this poor kid.

But in these third world countrys cops shooting men its not my fight.and i am old and slow

I myself wish drivers who risk my life by being idiots to implode on the spot. Its not happend yet but i do keep hope it will.

People must think i am crazey driving down the street yelling die ,die every few hundred meters.

15 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

can we beat you up next time you are having a drink then? :passifier:

Drug users are no good, they are a scourge on society everywhere. It's legal to have a drink as has been done for hundreds of years.

Please don't use the ' drinking is a drug '   line as it is useless.

Druggies are scum,  they have caused so many issues in Australia everywhere ... ice addicts need jail, nothing more nothing less.

16 hours ago, quadperfect said:

I would risk my life for a stranger if i knew what was happening and why. Like this poor kid.

But in these third world countrys cops shooting men its not my fight.and i am old and slow

I myself wish drivers who risk my life by being idiots to implode on the spot. Its not happend yet but i do keep hope it will.

People must think i am crazey driving down the street yelling die ,die every few hundred meters.

Yes I guess they do.....and with good reason it would seem!! 

17 hours ago, Artisi said:

Would you? 

I replied to this question, not being there at the time,( I do not know my reaction at the in your face time of happening,) 

he made his choice , good  or bad my point was he made his decision and 

that whole event will be with him for ever, going around in his head, 

what IF , 

Crime scene experts who most likely were not there. Judges, juries and executioners, most likely self appointed. Insiders who know all-see-all from a mere news report. Entertaining and sad at the same time.

"Those that support the mob, will in time, have those very hands around their own necks".

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

Drug users are no good, they are a scourge on society everywhere. It's legal to have a drink as has been done for hundreds of years.

Druggies are scum,  they have caused so many issues in Australia everywhere ... ice addicts need jail, nothing more nothing less.

OK, if you insist: drinking is a drug

Alcohol is the main fuel for thuggery, domestic violence, pub brawls, street fights and horrific traffic accidents.

Just because governments have made it legal doesn't mean that you should slavishly parrot the government line and insist that "alcohol is good, druggies so bad".

Life isn't black and white and doesn't always satisfy the angry mob's desperation for clear answers to every question. There is sometimes a middle path.

20 hours ago, steven100 said:

You're saying alcohol is not a drug then? Wouldn't surprise me given the rest of the guff you spout.

On 2018-02-08 at 7:03 AM, leeneeds said:

So, 20 years ago, in Cambodia, Phnom Pehn. You would have made another choice. Lucky you weren´t there then, because you surely wouldn´t write so well today. :cheesy:

Archived