Jump to content

If you live in Hua Hin you might be about to get a visit from the Tourist Police


webfact

Recommended Posts

  • 2 months later...
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/30/2018 at 5:49 PM, HHTel said:

NO it's not.  It's simply an address check. Nothing sinister about it.

been there, done that, in Isaan about 2 years ago, maybe they are going area by area, agree nothing sinister.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2018 at 12:52 PM, ukrules said:

I won't answer my door or even look out of the window.

 

People attend my house by appointment only.

 

Good idea. In my view, this is civilized. Anything else presumption of guilt, offensive, and intrusive. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, GammonFirst said:

Thanks for the news. We Thais as the real taxpayers always wanna see our policemen do their own duty properly like that for a long time! There are illegal foreigners who did a lot of bad things in Thailand, make us locals really suffering and pretend to be innocent. Some of them dare to blame Thai locals without evidence even they evil foreigners do those illegal things themselves. <deleted> them all. I hate all of them. If you're a legal ones, you shouldn't fear our policemen. They aren't animals like American cops particularly for the whites or first worlders like many of you in this website. So, don't be nervous. By the way, where is the reference on the amount of overstayed foreigners in Thailand which you claim closer to 8,000? What is that report and where I can read the full text? Is mentioning only "a report" without its name or location of its full text enough to make first worlders and civilized persons to believe in something? And someone say Thailand is not for white losers! And many civilized angry white males keep insult Thais as third worlders! Wow, just wow. 

read the first post in the thread.

wow just wow

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2018 at 12:58 PM, tracker1 said:

Apparently Immigration can't keep tabs on persons even with all the rigmarole everyone goes thru ! Big difference between 8,000 and 100,000 seems a bit like the Governments fiddly figures as usual

Im not suprised they cant keep track

 

how could anyone sort through 100s of 1000s of paper and various copies of passport and what not.

well those that arent recycled and printed on and given to others with your details on the other side.555

 

but what about computer entries i guess they find these overstayers by tracking a list of entries that are not match with any further visa or departure records then go checking on them.

 

if he who plan to overstay, i dont think he will put his real address on the visa form! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JohnThailandJohn said:

They have the names of the people they want to check?  If they have the names then would think they would not need to actually visit them but rather just check their records.

That require teamwork, communication and coordination between at least  2 different departments and of the same reason they need to make them a visit to physically look into their Passports....:coffee1:

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 >Expats in the popular resort town have taken to social media to report being visited by Tourist Police officers.< snip from OP.

 

  What did they take to the social media? Beer? ?

 

   

 

 

     

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2018 at 6:33 PM, soalbundy said:

been there, done that, in Isaan about 2 years ago, maybe they are going area by area, agree nothing sinister.

They only have a certain amount of fuel for their vans available. So, if they start with the name A, and you just forgot to apply for a visa for ten years, you might get bitten. 

 

  This is from an Immigration officer, and in no way small talk. If the money for gasoline runs out, they usually stop their search for such trustworthy overstayers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, JohnThailandJohn said:

They have the names of the people they want to check?  If they have the names then would think they would not need to actually visit them but rather just check their records.

Is that a rhetorical question? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

Im not suprised they cant keep track

 

how could anyone sort through 100s of 1000s of paper and various copies of passport and what not.

well those that arent recycled and printed on and given to others with your details on the other side.555

 

but what about computer entries i guess they find these overstayers by tracking a list of entries that are not match with any further visa or departure records then go checking on them.

 

if he who plan to overstay, i dont think he will put his real address on the visa form! 

Do you ever put your real name on anything? BTW, they're using it as a sort of reuse and do not waste paper unnecessarily. Is there something wrong with it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...