BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

If you live in Hua Hin you might be about to get a visit from the Tourist Police

16 minutes ago, Xaos said:

Doubt it allows to come in to ppl houses without court warrants.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I'll let you in on a little secret that many don't know yet. Search warrants are not required under the current government. Your house can be searched by police at any time without a warrant as long as military personnel are present. How do I know this? Just over a year ago my house was searched without a warrant by police, army, and a City Hall officer - my lawyer informed me of the new rules.

1 minute ago, tropo said:

I'll let you in on a little secret that many don't know yet. Search warrants are not required under the current government. Your house can be searched by police at any time without a warrant as long as military personnel are present. How do I know this? Just over a year ago my house was searched without a warrant by police, army, and a City Hall officer - my lawyer informed me of the new rules.

With other Words - it will not be the first visit then....:whistling:

1 minute ago, tropo said:

Sadly you are correct about that.

What was that about "nanny state" some TVF folks were saying they hate?     555

2 minutes ago, tropo said:

I am not sure about how it works here with the Immigration police but in Australia Immigration officials have a 24/7 open search warrant for any place in Australia

12 minutes ago, ttrd said:
19 minutes ago, tropo said:

Of course I would be on the list, just as every other Pattaya ex-pat would be.

I'm not the slightest bit concerned about a visit either. I don't see it as intrusive. It would be the first visit in 12 years.

They might have made a visit during those years while you have been at the Fitness center or the International church...:whistling:

I always went to the Fitness Center at night, but as I said, I'm not concerned if they visit or not.

There were 14 arrest Bangkok last Wednesday night for being in the country illegally and for overstaying there tourist visa's so maybe this is the ones they are looking for and not all you poor old retired gentlemen in Hua Hin that do everything by the book. 555555555555555555555555555

4 minutes ago, watcharacters said:
7 minutes ago, tropo said:

Sadly you are correct about that.

What was that about "nanny state" some TVF folks were saying they hate?     555

Good point. Compared to the current regime a "nanny state" is looking pretty good lol. 

7 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

I am not sure about how it works here with the Immigration police but in Australia Immigration officials have a 24/7 open search warrant for any place in Australia

I call BS on that claim of  "any place in Australia".       Surely there would need to be a serious cause of suspicion of a crime.     

Are you saying without any further justification than they want to search your place in Australia they could do so?

Please clarify your post with links.

The biggest problem here is that different immigration centres don't share information. I give my detail at BKK then go to make a 30 day extension for 1900 baht in October at Jomtien. They said that my home owner hadn't registered me as staying there. I had been there 5 months already. So they looked on their computer and I was still registered at my previous address despite being through BKK ON several occasions and declaring my new address on the arrival card. For this I was fined a further 1600 baht.

In December I had to extend my visa again but this time I was in Bangkok. I went to the immigration near Don Mueng. They didn't even ask for proof of address.

Different rules for different areas!!!

They could be looking for the many people that pay thousands of baht to an agent because they not have the 800000 baht in the bank and not give their true address they even have to go back to that agent to do their 90 day report

If they not live at the address on their extension it can be note and they can be picked up on their next report

The immigration are not looking for the people that are at home when they visit it is the ones that not live where there extension states they are looking for

Just now, Bartman1369 said:

The biggest problem here is that different immigration centres don't share information. I give my detail at BKK then go to make a 30 day extension for 1900 baht in October at Jomtien. They said that my home owner hadn't registered me as staying there. I had been there 5 months already. So they looked on their computer and I was still registered at my previous address despite being through BKK ON several occasions and declaring my new address on the arrival card. For this I was fined a further 1600 baht.

In December I had to extend my visa again but this time I was in Bangkok. I went to the immigration near Don Mueng. They didn't even ask for proof of address.

It is a country of water balloon procedures.    Squeeze the balloon here and it changes shape over there.    

Even different bank branches  in the country struggle to communicate.   

5 minutes ago, Bartman1369 said:

Thats correct - Without "Clear" rules which is nonexistent in Thailand, it will be up to the individual immigration manager to enforce based on his own understanding i.e different locations different procedures....

5 hours ago, Jools said:

Why do they even have computers?

Running on illegal Windows 7.

you have all got it wrong, its a ruse, the real purpose is, to come to your house and see if you have a dartboard, then ya really in trouble  lol

49 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

I call BS on that claim of  "any place in Australia".       Surely there would need to be a serious cause of suspicion of a crime.     

Are you saying without any further justification than they want to search your place in Australia they could do so?

Please clarify your post with links.

Australian immigration officers do not have to go to court to get a warrant to raid factories or farms or anywhere else in the search for illegal immigrants or for any immigrant who is working illegally, they have a standing open warrant.