Use of ประจำ

xkkpafi

I find this word causes me constant difficulty and a struggle to truly master. For example, what additional meaning does it add to this sentence:

SEC News : สรุปแบบ 246-2 ประจำวันที่ 7 กุมภาพันธ์ 2561. Without ประจำ I guess we have "SEC News, summary (according to regulation) 246-2, 7th Feb 2561". So what does ประจำ add to this sentence? Thanks.

ประจำ simply translated as "regularly" or in this specific sentence "on a regular basis (of nn days)" .

In my opinion, This sentence not even say "daily". it may means any nn days period and the latest one happen to be on this date (ประจำ-วันที่ )Feb 7, 2561  not ประจำ(วัน)-ที่ FEb 7,2561 .

Sometime this wording confuses me as well when doing the analysis but normally we use it just by memory not synthesizing the sentence so it's not the problem. 

To parse the sentence, it can only be read one way. If the date were ประจำ then the publication would be annual. From the SEC website I think that we are supposed to see ประจำ as specific to the day. 

ข้อมูลประจำวัน data produced specific to the day.  บัตรประจำตัว card specific to the person. 

Does that work? 

Archived