Haven't done a Cambodia run from Pattaya by mini van for a while, Cambodia inter on Soi Buakaow is closed, any recommendations?

I'm due for a border run in a few days, haven't done one in a while.

Leaving from Pattaya.

Any recommendations for good companies that aren't too expensive with good mini buses? 

Additionally, is it feasible to do it by bus or train? I could sleep in Cambodia for a night, it's in 48 hours and maybe they are all booked up?

Cheers!

I haven't used it, but there is a mini-bus that goes a few days/wk from the Queen Victoria Pub (North Pattaya), which purportedly has captain's chairs, instead of the little bench-seats.  I think it was a bit more expensive than the "cram 'em in" variety - but probably worth it.

I didn't use them, because I needed to stay in Cambodia awhile, and their run was "same day out/in" for a fixed-price round-trip.

I'm due for a border run in a few days, haven't done one in a while.

Leaving from Pattaya.

Any recommendations for good companies that aren't too expensive with good mini buses? 

Additionally, is it feasible to do it by bus or train? I could sleep in Cambodia for a night, it's in 48 hours and maybe they are all booked up?

Cheers!

Hi. If you want the budget way there is a minivan from Sukumvit Rd to Trat at 8 am. If you look on Google maps it is marked as bus to Trat. Have caught it several times and the driver has been slow and safe. I think it is 240 baht. From Trat there is a regular van to the border for about 120 baht. Hat Lek immigration will try and get more than the required $20 US from you but I went online and printed out a notice from Cambodia Immigration saying the visa is $20 . Make sure you bring a passport photo or they will hit you $6 US for that. Just be patient with them ,hold out the $20 US and smile and in a little while they will give you the visa. If they say you need to pay in baht smile and show them the printout. Ignore the people calling you for a fake health check. Afterwards motorbike to Koh Kong is about 3-4 US and takes about 5 minutes. Not much there but lots of cheap hotels and kind of nice near the water at night.

Sent from my SM-J120G using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 minutes ago, Chrisdoc said:

Hi. If you want the budget way there is a minivan from Sukumvit Rd to Trat at 8 am. If you look on Google maps it is marked as bus to Trat. Have caught it several times and the driver has been slow and safe. I think it is 240 baht. From Trat there is a regular van to the border for about 120 baht. Hat Lek immigration will try and get more than the required $20 US from you but I went online and printed out a notice from Cambodia Immigration saying the visa is $20 . Make sure you bring a passport photo or they will hit you $6 US for that. Just be patient with them ,hold out the $20 US and smile and in a little while they will give you the visa. If they say you need to pay in baht smile and show them the printout. Ignore the people calling you for a fake health check. Afterwards motorbike to Koh Kong is about 3-4 US and takes about 5 minutes. Not much there but lots of cheap hotels and kind of nice near the water at night.

Sent from my SM-J120G using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Visa is $30, not $20

• Like 1