BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

US ‘encouraged by Thailand’s return to democracy’ as elections delayed

31 minutes ago, marqus12 said:

No one cares what the world's largest parasite that only produces dollars want .

What a silly post. Obviously the junta and just about everyone else cares since it's still the most powerful nation on earth. Even you care. If you hadn't you wouldn't have posted.

BTW, your silly post was made possible by using your US made PC OS, and in your PC you probably have a US made processor, or maybe you posted with your US made smart phone etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

5 hours ago, jaiyen said:

Read what Dunford said and you can see that it is all about having friendly countries in Asia so USA can have military bases in their countries and be close to N.Korea

Already have them!!!

Something like a 16th century news crier shouting: "British subjects encouraged by King Henry's professed love for the young queen as Anne's head drops into the basket."  Henry's next wife, Jane Seymour, didn't fare well either.  Here's hoping democracy in Thailand does better than any of Henry's spouses.

Posts containing offensive comments have been removed as well as the replies.

Off topic posts and replies have been removed. 

Who gives a flying fig what the USA's opinion is on anything.

7 hours ago, jaiyen said:

Read what Dunford said and you can see that it is all about having friendly countries in Asia so USA can have military bases in their countries and be close to N.Korea

Yes , "Democracy" is Americas greatest goal - except when business and global geo-politics is its greatest goal.

4 hours ago, Winky Wilson said:

Thailand is a Royal Monarchy. The military is an extension of the Royal Family.  A prime minister is a spokes person. If a prime minister acts otherwise he/she should be cautious and be prepared to flea.

Or FLEE even ,   :smile:

10 hours ago, smedly said:

anyone see anything wrong with this headline

I have read it and read it ......................... 10 words 

I did not read the article that followed because that is likely just as confusing

Democracy by postponing elections keeping the junta in charge longer? Hardly democracy (if that was your outlook also?)

An offensive post has been removed and off topic posts and replies were removed as well. 

11 hours ago, smedly said:

I did not read the article that followed because that is likely just as confusing

It's not at all confusing.  Thai lies to Farang, Falang falls for it, money changes hands, everybody happy.  Old story.  

3 hours ago, Cranky said:

Who gives a flying fig what the USA's opinion is on anything.

Obviously the junta and just about everyone else cares since it's still the most powerful nation on earth. Even you care. If you hadn't you wouldn't have posted.

Quote thanks to Becker

Exactly. USA is putting the Thai people last, just as the Junta have, for fear that China will become too friendly.
The thai people are no cowards. If they wanted change it would have happened years ago.
Only idiot farang dribbling off at the mouth seem to know what's best for thailand.

16 hours ago, smedly said:

The headline is just political 'spin doctor' talk. It means <deleted>. 

No doubt the PM will trumpet this to Thai peoples as a seal of approval and therefore, justification of his 'inaction'. :sad: