BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

US ‘encouraged by Thailand’s return to democracy’ as elections delayed

Think back 1976, 1992 and occupation of the airport and government house. Did the coups solved any of the problems. 

After 4 years and counting, the current coup seems to have solved the problem of disorderly conduct -- to mention just one success.

Then explained why voter turnout since 1990s are more than 60%

I think the answer was 5 red baht -- or was that 6?

Who said 'the Thais are to [sic] weak'? 

Who may have a 'warped mind' - look in the mirror and see. :whistling:

To many TV posters this is all about the current regime's continuous 'hollow promises' (since 2014) to its peoples about DEMOCRACY. Nothing to do with Thais being weak. Stop trying to highjack the conversation!

You got it wrong. They are not weak. They are content and big deal about broken promises, it's a part of politics. No need for a revolution as many farang are pushing for.

Leave them into power another 10 years, good stuff happening. They are delaying because the thai people are NOT protesting except the 200 idiots who completey screwed up. Imbiciles who couldn't plan even 5 minutes into the future and handed an extension to the the pm on a gold platter!!!

6 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

You got it wrong. They are not weak. They are content and big deal about broken promises, it's a part of politics. No need for a revolution as many farang are pushing for.

Leave them into power another 10 years, good stuff happening. They are delaying because the thai people are NOT protesting except the 200 idiots who completey screwed up. Imbiciles who couldn't plan even 5 minutes into the future and handed an extension to the the pm on a gold platter!!!

OMG. This was your statement:

"I feel sad for the handful of TV farang who in their warped minds believe they are on a crusade on behalf of the people because the Thais are to weak."

And I asked "who said they are weak?". I never said/claimed they are weak and I have not read of any other democracy supporters saying so either!

You are very specious in your arguments/replies. I can only conclude that your blind belief that the Junta is good, means you do not support the rights of citizens to rule their own country by vote.

Sure the "Government" has seemingly done some good (the only one I can think of was to stop the bloody street rioting),  anything else was merely a sop to the citizens so the current elitist/military rulers could justify their continual hold on power and the monetary benefits that come with it for their 'friends/cronies'! And big on 'promises' (we will have elections in 2015 and we will reduce the road trauma, ad infinitum ad nauseam).

There are none so blind as those who will not see. John Heywood.

BTW, is your real name John Heywood?  :coffee1:

Trump didn't discus democracy and a new election because if he had his way he would create a dictatorship in the US