Swedish Queen visits Bangkok school to review assistance program

webfact

Swedish Queen visits Bangkok school to review assistance program

PNSOC610208001002401.jpg

BANGKOK, 9th February 2018 (NNT) - Queen Silvia of Sweden arrived in Thailand (7th Feb) at the invitation of the President of the Supreme Court, Cheep Julamont to be key speaker at the Academic Conference for Lay Judges from the Juvenile and Family Courts, to take place at the Centara Convention Center in Udon Thani province. 

His Majesty the King has appointed Privy Councilor Attaniti Dita-amnat to accompany Queen Silvia during her visit. Her first stop was at the “Friends of Friends” project at Wat Tai Rasnimit School in Bangkok, where she met with Her Royal Highness Princess Soamsawali. 

The project is sponsored by Sweden’s World Childhood Foundation chaired by Queen Silvia. It began operations in Thailand in Aranyaprathet district of Sa Kaeo and expanded to Bangkok in 2013.

The program provides assistance to children in communities lacking educational opportunities and fosters children's reintegration into society. Families also receive support in caring for their children, receiving consultation as well as jobs training.

It has so far assisted 315 people from 128 families and was the basis of the Community Children Protection Network, which watches out for threats against children. 

Wat Tai Rasnimit School has 30 children aged between 5 and 15 participating in the program. They have access to a 24 hour hotline where they can seek help.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-02-09

6 minutes ago, webfact said:

Swedish Queen visits Bangkok school to review assistance programme

With all due respect it will take more than a visit and some assistance by the Queen of Sweden to fix the Thai education system. Someone should spend a day or two, or even a week, with her explaining it's deficiencies and state of worthlessness. Then she would be entitled to ask into whose pockets and purses does Sweden’s World Childhood Foundation money go.

5 hours ago, Cadbury said:

With all due respect it will take more than a visit and some assistance by the Queen of Sweden to fix the Thai education system. Someone should spend a day or two, or even a week, with her explaining it's deficiencies and state of worthlessness. Then she would be entitled to ask into whose pockets and purses does Sweden’s World Childhood Foundation money go.

She has a “guide” assigned to her to prevent that very thing happening. 

8 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

they have a King too? no i don't keep up with Sweden in general. Sorry to any Swedish members out there. Now i know and long may she live

I also had never heard of them, and i was born close to Sweden....

Also Norway i have no idea if they have Royals....Denmark does iirc....and Finnland, no idea....

1 minute ago, Thian said:

I also had never heard of them, and i was born close to Sweden....

Also Norway i have no idea if they have Royals....Denmark does iirc....and Finnland, no idea....

why don't they have kingdom of sweden on their passports? i honestly never knew

1 hour ago, Thian said:

Norway does. The kings are basically PR figures in the Nordic countries. Finland, of course, being a supremely advanced nation, has only a president and none of the stupid royalty <deleted>. Well, maybe the president's dog.

22 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Norway does. The kings are basically PR figures in the Nordic countries. Finland, of course, being a supremely advanced nation, has only a president and none of the stupid royalty <deleted>. Well, maybe the president's dog.

In that case they should do a better PR-job since we never hear from them in W-europe. Those countries have a small population though so maybe there's not much news to tell? 

And Finnland never ever is in the newspapers, i only know that they have many mosquito's and had Nokia...for the rest i have no idea  and my mum has lived there some years.

So now Sweden sponsors the Thai education system (which has about the highest budget a head of the world)....My parents had several foster parents kids in Thailand when i grew up, they paid for them every month. So next time the police stops me i'll tell them "don't you know who my daddy is??" :cheesy: (in Thai of course or he wouldn't understand it).

Ahh the thai elite playing the 'we're a poor 3rd world country with no money to help our poor, please help us" and 'our' diplomats and politicians all play along, meanwhile the watch count just jumped up one. Youre Swedish tax dollars at work........

NOTICE: To all the insessant expat insurance ads. I WILL GO OUT OF MY WAY TO NOT USE YOUR COMPANY.

11 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Please explain and develop what you mean with " stupid royalty". Would be nice to know from somebody that is appearently as situated as you.

13 hours ago, thhMan said:

Well the Queen can now learn how its done in a backward and corrupt country.... Maybe she will get a chance to view the books and see how much actually goes towards the kids :)

Not really. Everything is a show. Her heart is in the right place. But what she will see is not what they do after they leave.:thumbsup:

On 2/9/2018 at 8:35 AM, Cadbury said:

Precisely...you hit the nail on the head....."Post of the Week"

Archived