Navy shoots their big guns

Rimmer

Navy shoots their big guns

image.png

SATTAHIP:--The navy’s Air and Coastal Defense Command fired up the big guns for their annual anti-aircraft weapons drill.

ACDC deputy commander Capt. Wirat Somjit observed as Air Regiment 1 and 2 commanders Capt. Chalit Buathong and Capt Sorawut Chawana led the Jan. 31 exercise at the Tactical Training Center on Sattahip’s Tungprong Beach.

The exercise was based on the 2018 Air Defense Plan by simulating destroying enemy aircraft with live ammunition. More than 1,000 sailors and marines attended the training with weapons including twelve 37-millimeter anti-aircraft guns and four 40/70-mm. cannons.

ACDC commander Rear Adm. Wara Tankham said the annual exercise enhances sailors’ skills in using the big guns and is necessary for the nation’s defense.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-02-09

26 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Big guns?????????????????????????

None in that photo. I was expecting to find a battleship, or at least a frigate, but I found some apparently man aimed old technology ( like in WW2 ). Is the enemy still using prop planes?

Now, where is my brick wall?

:sorry:

I think they were so big that they couldn't fit them in a photo.. :biggrin:

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

None in that photo. I was expecting to find a battleship, or at least a frigate, but I found some apparently man aimed old technology ( like in WW2 ). Is the enemy still using prop planes?

Give them  a break, after paying all the admirals and the parking for the aircraft carrier, that is all they can afford.

I'm surprised they had the budget for ammunition, but hey, I suppose it is a once a year special event.

18 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Indeed they are about as much use against modern jet aircraft as a pea-shooter at a gunfight ..

Archived