Police: Sanctuary chief may face disciplinary punishment for not collecting entry fee

webfact

Srivara: Sanctuary chief may face disciplinary punishment for not collecting entry fee

By Thai PBS

srivara-070261.jpg

The chief of the Thung Yai Naresuan wildlife sanctuary may face disciplinary action for not collecting entry fee from Italian-Thai Development Plc chief executive and president Premchai Karnasuta and his hunting team, Royal Thai Police deputy commissioner Pol Gen Srivara Ransibrahmanakul said on Friday (Feb 9).

Pol Gen Srivara, who questioned the wildlife sanctuary chief Wichien Chinnawong on Thursday, said Mr Wichien admitted that he did not collect entrance fees from Mr Premchai and his team for entering the wildlife sanctuary.

Under the regulation of the wildlife sanctuary, each person had to pay 20 baht as entrance fee, plus 30 baht for vehicle. In total Mr Premchai’s group had to pay 110 baht, but the team was exempted from the fee, Pol Gen Srivara said.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/srivara-sanctuary-chief-may-face-disciplinary-punishment-for-not-collecting-entry-fee/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-02-09

In the grand scheme of things, considering what the poacher scum did, that seems somewhat trivial. 

Do they record the registrations of cars entering “wildlife sanctuaries”?

Might make sense then, as it may indicate an attempt, by the official and the poacher scum, to hide what they were doing. 

I get the feeling that someone in the forestry service,

must have tipped off Mr Premchai,about the black 

leopards been in the area,as bit of coincidence just

to pitch camp where there happened to be a pair of 

very rare animals living.

regards worgeordie

3 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

100% agree, i dont believe its the type of animal a part time hunter would have the capability and time to track. As you say it is more likely he has trackers looking for species for him and when found he comes to hunt, or he is tipped off by park rangers. Even still i think hunting a black panther would take a high level of skill and expertise in thick forest, even finding the damn thing never mind shooting it. If they were only there for 2 days and 1 night it would be an incredibly lucky bordering on unbelievable to find and kill one of these without being tipped off beforehand.

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

Amazing arrogance. Not only comes to shoot and eat protected species in a sanctuary area, but too rude to even pay the bloody entrance fee either. I like this man even less than I did before.

TIT. The richer u are the less u pay. This country is notorious for exploiting its lower-end citizens and letting the rich and influential do whatever they want. This fat guy will never be punished as he should be. ItalianThai is huge. They do nearly all important infrastructure jobs in Thailand and (border areas of) myanmar. Fatty has a huge addressbook. He is above the law unless he has pizzzzed someone off in the Junta-clique. Then maybe he will get a 5000thb fine ??

1 hour ago, smutcakes said:

Ital Thai appear to have lots of numerous business interests in places like Madagascar and Mozambique. I wonder what type of work they do there.

Infrastructure. Roads. They have a lot of experience creating roads in difficult terrain. They also do ports. Etc. 

Profile:Italian Thai Development PCL (ITD.BK)

ITD.BK on Stock Exchange of Thailand 

3.66THB
12:03am EST
Change (% chg)

0.00฿ (+0.00%)
Prev Close 
3.66฿
Open 
3.62฿
Day's High 
3.68฿
Day's Low 
3.62฿
Volume 
Avg. Vol 
52-wk High 
5.35฿
52-wk Low 
3.60฿
Italian-Thai Development Public Company Limited is a Thailand-based company engaged in the construction business. The Company operates both nationwide and international projects ranging from highways to bridges, ports, high speed rail support structures, airport terminal buildings, resort development and mining operations in Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Saudi Arabia and Taiwan. Its construction activities consist of mass rapid transit systems, airports, buildings, dams and tunnels, highways and expressways, industrial and power plants, mining, marine construction services, pipelines and utility works, steel structures and telecommunications. The Company also provides supporting facilities services including precast concrete units for span bridges, precast piles, prefabricated steel works, specialized equipment and marine equipment.

Taking it one stage further maybe the police have a sniff of the possibility that sanctuary chief Wichien Chinnawong himself was the highly paid personal hunting guide for this bunch of sleazebags. And even better maybe with some evidence there is a good opportunity to leverage some money out of him for his part.

Of course there always remains the strong possibility the RTP will declare a reward for themselves for capturing these culprits.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The chief of the Thung Yai Naresuan wildlife sanctuary may face disciplinary action for not collecting entry fee from Italian-Thai Development Plc chief executive and president Premchai Karnasuta and his hunting team, Royal Thai Police deputy commissioner Pol Gen Srivara Ransibrahmanakul said on Friday (Feb 9).

and only only only due to social 'pressure'; no inherent morality here at all

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

You're probably correct. Once an animal has been sighted a small clearing is regularly baited. No hunting skill required to dispatch the poor creature.

I know this is a political issue, but using non-Thai logic here, wouldn't it be an internal matter for the Department of National Parks as to whether a member of staff didn't charge an entry fee?

The police seem to have carte-blanche to stick their nose into just about anything that they want.

Time for one of the famous police re enactments. Only this time, this low life POS and his hunting party

can play the part of the Black Leopard and the other killed animals. I would love to see him with 5

bullet holes in his fat ar-sed  carcass

6 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

In the grand scheme of things, considering what the poacher scum did, that seems somewhat trivial. 

Do they record the registrations of cars entering “wildlife sanctuaries”?

Might make sense then, as it may indicate an attempt, by the official and the poacher scum, to hide what they were doing. 

This  will be  used instead  of  the  hunting  crime,  theyll  fine the Ital Thai guy 500  baht for avoiding the entrance  fee and that  will be  it  all  over  for  him.

5 hours ago, Donotdisturb said:

TIT. The richer u are the less u pay. This country is notorious for exploiting its lower-end citizens and letting the rich and influential do whatever they want. This fat guy will never be punished as he should be. ItalianThai is huge. They do nearly all important infrastructure jobs in Thailand and (border areas of) myanmar. Fatty has a huge addressbook. He is above the law unless he has pizzzzed someone off in the Junta-clique. Then maybe he will get a 5000thb fine ??

He might have to lend someone an expensive watch or hand out a 'loan' of 300 million baht . 

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Amazing arrogance. Not only comes to shoot and eat protected species in a sanctuary area, but too rude to even pay the bloody entrance fee either. I like this man even less than I did before.

Oh Thailand can you surprise me more with such legal incompetence, Don't think so!

Archived