running or maybe owning any type of

Seanbhoy

running or owning any type of food/drink entity in busier areas of Bangkok, NOT a bar/club/drinking establishment/ gentleman only places.

I say running as I do not know about the legal cr*p to own it.

anyone know a non Thai national that has done this before in the proper tourist traps of BKK? or done it yourself?

My colleague told me her sister has a coffee shop near where all the backpackers go KSR, she has to sort the police out each month with a little money but also has to pay some other guys as well.

I know if your doing something that's bending the rules a bit you have to sort the police some money, but a coffee shop?

my in laws sell alcohol with food in a restaurant until 4am everyday in a really residential area near Rangsit and have some immigrant workers so they have to pay police only.

so anyone that has ran/owned a normal food establishment, nothing huge that is making anyone a millionaire in a touristy area - is it really as bad as how its just been explained to me?

worth the aggravation or not?

Is your colleagues sister selling alcohol?

You know this temple at the end of KSR? A while ago they enacted a law, no alcohol may be sold near temples or schools. So most of the places in KSR are not allowed to sell alcohol, so they have to pay the police

And i think it's the same for most other places, there are so many schools, universities, temples in Bangkok, that you will hardly find a place where you can legally sell alcohol, so the cops come and demand payment

23 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Is your colleagues sister selling alcohol?

You know this temple at the end of KSR? A while ago they enacted a law, no alcohol may be sold near temples or schools. So most of the places in KSR are not allowed to sell alcohol, so they have to pay the police

And i think it's the same for most other places, there are so many schools, universities, temples in Bangkok, that you will hardly find a place where you can legally sell alcohol, so the cops come and demand payment

no alcohol, just a coffee shop, running regular hours, shes a Thai lady.

I do not know much about KSR, I been there twice to watch football in a Irish bar there about 4 or 5 years ago.

the reason I was asking is, I saw a couple of times near Saphan Mai the big C outside where they have the food, one stall or kiosk was selling proper burgers, they had beef, pork or chicken and they looked decent.

My friends from my work in the UK came a couple of weeks ago and stayed in KSR, I said I dunno what its like there probably a tip but they thought its fun.

They were just buying crap food purely cos it was "nearly" the same as something back home like a sandwich or whatever.

I thought what a money spinner - I had a place in the UK Manchester city center, not burgers and not a small thing but even there with city center rents, business rates, staff, produce everything it was always alright in the end, and its purely cos people at night are a bit loosey goosey after drinks they always spend there money on whatever usually food girls and taxis.

Archived