NACC reveals assets of 3 former ministers

webfact

NACC reveals assets of 3 former ministers

PNPOL610209001002101.jpg

BANGKOK, 9 February 2018 (NNT) - The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) has reported its audit of three former ministers of the current administration, a year after being transferred to other governmental positions. 

The NACC report details the assets of three former ministers, who had been reshuffled to other public positions since December 14th, 2017 at the latest.

ML Panadda Diskul, who previously served as Minister Attached to the Prime Minister's Office, reported assets of 1.32 billion baht and no outstanding debt. His assets increased by four million baht since he left the post in 2016, mostly due to savings by his spouse. 

Dr. Pichet Durongkaveroj, who had served as Science and Technology Minister, reported assets of 78 million baht, an increase of five million baht since leaving the post, coming from savings and investments. 

Former Education Minister Teerakiat Jaroensettasin reported assets of 45 million baht and 4.6 million baht in debt. His assets had decreased by 4 million baht.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-02-09

I have no problem specific problem with wealthy ministers, as some like ML will generally be from wealthy families with many business interests. My issue is when you have people like Prawit who discloses no business interests, but registers a 30 million baht increase in cash between 2008 and 2014, and seemingly no one at the NACC bothers to question where that may have come from.

17 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

I have no problem specific problem with wealthy ministers, as some like ML will generally be from wealthy families with many business interests. My issue is when you have people like Prawit who discloses no business interests, but registers a 30 million baht increase in cash between 2008 and 2014, and seemingly no one at the NACC bothers to question where that may have come from.

Shhhhh! 

Archived