The Worst Divers in EPL

sotsira

So lets name and shame the teams in the EPL over the 4 years who have had the most cautions

for simulation.

Then maybe their supporters who like to point their criticism at rival teams, can think twice before doing so,

cos unless their team has a squeaky clean record, then they are just being hypocrites.

Thanks to some top class research from Squawka, we now have a list of the Premier League teams who have

been involved in the most diving incidents since 2012/13.

Most diving offences since 2012 to end of 2016

Stoke:11  Man City :11  Swansea:11  Liverpool:12  West Brom:12      
C Palace:12  Man United:13  Tottenham:14   Southampton:14 Sunderland:19  Chelsea:21

Yes, Chelsea have been - by some distance - the worst Premier League divers over those four seasons.

Here is a list of all the players booked for diving during the 2016/17 SEASON

diving-yellow-cards.jpg

19 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Delli Alli is the crappiest diver for sure!

And has got away with numerous other dubious ''falls" in the penalty area

Problem is we only see listed those where the referee has had the "balls" to make the decision

Just now, sanemax said:

These statistics must be questioned as some players get booked for diving  when they were fouled and some players dive without getting a booking .

That was my first thought. And due to not being able to appeal a yellow, if a player does get booked, the card sticks whether justified or not.

I have given up on the EPL - Excessive amount of foreign players have destroyed the English game .

The national team is average at best.

The other home nations have slipped into oblivion -Once the 1st division had a healthy Scottish , Welsh and Irish contribution , but now effectively none grace the premiership.

The football is fast now , but compromised by players throwing themselves to the ground at any form of contact.

Foreign managers , foreign ownership , off the scale transfer fees , tax evasion and player salaries  only adds to the fiasco that is the now EPL.

How can supporters identify with teams that effectively contain no English players - Man city , Chelsea and Arsenal for example.

For me Home Nations rugby is far more gratifying .

England v Wales today -30 blokes going for the honour of the game .

11 minutes ago, masterpasser said:

It's possible to love both. I do. I'll have 2 TV's set up in the living room and be watching the first 30 mins of Rugby then watch the City match  with volume and one eye on the Rugby without volume.

Question: How can supporters identify with teams that effectively contain no English players - Man city , Chelsea and Arsenal for example.

Answer: Some of were born in to Man city , Chelsea and Arsenal for example supporting families, have been following our CLUBS since way before the influx of foreigners, and we enjoy watching english football's 92 clubs play.

Ps. I also enjoy watching international rugby union which has greatly improved over the years from the dull dull days of kick for touch rugby.

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

These statistics must be questioned as some players get booked for diving  when they were fouled and some players dive without getting a booking .

Questioned or not, these statistics are factually written in to the 

history books of the game just like all football statistics.

Should that goal have counted when it crossed the line but was not seen and therefore not given?

Or when a goal is given even though the player was clearly offside?

The same can be said of any refereeing decision whether it be simulation, offside, penalties, free kicks etc...

That is part of the game, referees get some wrong but most right,

unless we change the structure of the game and use VAR which we all know is in contention.

Though I don't think VAR will improve the game as a spectacle,

but it will improve it technically taking away the unsureness  and excitement at the same time.

1 hour ago, masterpasser said:

I have given up on the EPL - Excessive amount of foreign players have destroyed the English game .

The national team is average at best.

The other home nations have slipped into oblivion -Once the 1st division had a healthy Scottish , Welsh and Irish contribution , but now effectively none grace the premiership.

The football is fast now , but compromised by players throwing themselves to the ground at any form of contact.

Foreign managers , foreign ownership , off the scale transfer fees , tax evasion and player salaries  only adds to the fiasco that is the now EPL.

How can supporters identify with teams that effectively contain no English players - Man city , Chelsea and Arsenal for example.

the national team was always average at best. but do carry on with the little englander crap about how foreigners have ruined the beautiful game despite being just generally better at it.

54 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Which book are these stats written in ?

There are hundreds of them, but first and foremost all football match

referee's write a log or report on every game that is refereed then submit it to the FA.who then records it.

From that info historical analysis and statistical information can be 

obtained.

20 minutes ago, sotsira said:

There are hundreds of them, but first and foremost all football match

referee's write a log or report on every game that is refereed then submit it to the FA.who then records it.

From that info historical analysis and statistical information can be 

obtained.

What are the books that they are published in though

Name the publisher and the author 

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

What are the books that they are published in though

Name the publisher and the author 

Errrrr ......... I already explained, maybe you mis understand the terminology i've used,

When i say the history books of football, i'm not referring to one particular book.

I'm referring to historical DATA written by match officials  and submitted to the FA to be RECORDED.

How else are you going to know what happened in a particular match

20 or 30 years ago?

So to answer your question above:

The Author is the referee.

The publisher is the FA.

I hope that helps you understand now!

27 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Errrrr ......... I already explained, maybe you mis understand the terminology i've used,

When i say the history books of football, i'm not referring to one particular book.

I'm referring to historical DATA written by match officials  and submitted to the FA to be RECORDED.

How else are you going to know what happened in a particular match

20 or 30 years ago?

So to answer your question above:

The Author is the referee.

The publisher is the FA.

I hope that helps you understand now!

OK, so there isnt actually any published book .

Can you tell me where the data is published ?

Websites or  where ever 

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

But I would like to see official details .

Which players were booked and what for .

Again you can clearly see that info in the OP for the 2016/17 season.

10 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

But match officials or the FA don't submit data to Squawka. 

And for those who clearly want to doubt the information then i suggest

you take it up with Squawka themselves.

Don't shoot the messenger.

2 minutes ago, sotsira said:

And for those who clearly want to doubt the information then i suggest

you take it up with Squawka themselves.

Don't shoot the messenger.

OK - so this:

"The Author is the referee.

The publisher is the FA."

Is wrong.

The Author is Squakwa.

The Publisher is Squakwa. 

25 minutes ago, sotsira said:

The statistics were from the previous four seasons , those are the statistics that I would like to see

The data table shown is just for 2017 and not from 2012-16 (which the given results are from)

Archived