‘Infraud’ gang’s No 2 arrested in Bangkok

webfact

‘Infraud’ gang’s No 2 arrested in Bangkok

By The Nation

6b84468815245fdf3f22afbf5150d052.jpeg

File photo

The Russian alleged No. 2 leader of the transnational gang, Infraud, has been arrested in Bangkok.

Officers from the Crime Suppression Division arrested Sergey Sergeyvich Medvedev, 31, at Soi Sukhumvit 56 in Bangkok's Phra Khanon district on February 2. Police then took him to search his rented condo room at City Condominium's City Gate building.

The Royal Thai Police force was asked to locate and arrest the Russian by the US Department of Homeland Security late last year.

The Russian fled to Thailand six years ago, said police.

Infraud operates on the “dark web” to trade various technologies for carrying out economic crimes with digital money. The traded items included fraudulent ATM and credit cards, skimmer tools for cloning electronic cards, as well as fake passports and fake international driving licences.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30338425

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-02-09

1 hour ago, janetdoe said:

I live there. Saw all the police SWOT vehicles and shields but didn’t realise what exactly was going on...

Oh Russian mafia, now I know. Move on...

Are you sure they were SWOT? Personally never heard of them...

3 minutes ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

They should go to Khosan road and raid the street where every known kind if fake ID is available and on offer. Oh wait, impossible as the sellers are Thai.

The only fake I.D.that Ive seen available on KSR are press cards and youth hostel cards , were you exaggerating ?

These special police certainly seem to be well organized & well trained. Their equipment looks "top draw" & the guys look professional ....... nothing like the BiB with their tight clothing & paunches Ha! Wish there was more on the streets dealing with crime ....... especially in Pattaya. I'm sure they exist here, but they seem to have vanished since the "sifu era"? Can any members shed some light on this ......... ???

4 minutes ago, Daveyh said:

These special police certainly seem to be well organized & well trained. Their equipment looks "top draw" & the guys look professional ....... nothing like the BiB with their tight clothing & paunches Ha! Wish there was more on the streets dealing with crime ....... especially in Pattaya. I'm sure they exist here, but they seem to have vanished since the "sifu era"? Can any members shed some light on this ......... ???

Maybe they are American's who know's?

After all it happened on behalf of the USA.

That could also be the reason that they are totally unrecognizable.

15 minutes ago, Daveyh said:

They are from special trained commando units.  There is one HQS located on Chok Chai 4 road here in Bangkok

Below photo from OP Nation report.

020147ce764948c17f5453aec13e0ad1.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Daveyh said:

Appearances can be deceptive!

51 minutes ago, Daveyh said:

Sure, who do you think the "ill gotten" proceeds are filtered to?   One cannot get the police or courts to move on anything here, without a substantial "financial incentive".  Remember the last "dark web' fella from Canada that "hung himself" in his cell?  Lamborghini's, houses, bank accounts, E coins...all vaporized, never to be heard of again (him or the loot).  His Thai wife mysteriously fell off the map as well. 

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

The only fake I.D.that Ive seen available on KSR are press cards and youth hostel cards , were you exaggerating ?

Just open your eyes on KSR !!!

Just a few pictures of IDs.

You can get anything you want on KSR !!!

20150903_164521.jpg

20150903_164507.jpg

20150903_164644.jpg

1 hour ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

They should go to Khosan road and raid the street where every known kind if fake ID is available and on offer. Oh wait, impossible as the sellers are Thai.

He was wanted in us that's why and he a scumbag 

Want you say if he steals your pin code and take your money for credit card 

Last year my credit card get hacked and my bank see and closed my card not fun when you in Thailand 

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

I was there a few months ago and didn't see them, although I wasn't looking for them. But 5-6 years ago you could get many different types of fake IDs there being sold quite openly. Maybe they're still there maybe they're not. 

7 hours ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

These fake ID's they are selling at Khao San Road are more like tourist souvenirs, not serious fakes, more like practical jokes.

You say they sell "every known fake ID.."

Why don't you try to finds some thai ones, as ID, Driving License etc. 

Archived